Ainge has surgery on pinky

Sperm Edwards

http://www.wbir.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=57936&catid=5

Former Tennessee quarterback Erik Ainge is walking around New York with a large cast on his right arm this week.

Ainge told 10 Sports he had surgery on the little finger on his throwing hand. That finger was broken during spring camp, but Ainge played all season, sometimes with the finger wrapped.

Ainge said the Jets decided it would be in his best interests for a long career to go ahead and have the surgery now.

Ainge participated in the Jets minicamp after the draft, and is in New York for organized team activities.

they should just cut it off.. its not like ne needs to stick it out when he drinks tea.. sheesh

He's keeping his options open in case he becomes a serious tea drinker. Always a good move to keep one's options open instead of rushing into rash decisions. Sheesh.

He's keeping his options open in case he becomes a serious tea drinker. Always a good move to keep one's options open instead of rushing into rash decisions. Sheesh.

dont be sore just because you couldnt make it in the competitive tea drinking tourneys.. you really had the napkin folding down .. it was your posture and the crumbs on the table from the biscotti that was your downfall

dont be sore just because you couldnt make it in the competitive tea drinking tourneys.. you really had the napkin folding down .. it was your posture and the crumbs on the table from the biscotti that was your downfall

Those were NOT my crumbs. They were there when I sat down.

Andre Woodson? Are you out of your mind?

Has a hell of a lot more potentinal than Erik Ainge. If you're going to wait that long to take a Quarterback at least take the one with the biggest upside. If not him, christ Colt Brennan was there.

Has a hell of a lot more potentinal than Erik Ainge. If you're going to wait that long to take a Quarterback at least take the one with the biggest upside. If not him, christ Colt Brennan was there.

Colt Brennan?

Are you ****ing serious?

I believe both Brennan and Ainge played Georgia last year. I seem to recall Ainge kicking the **** out of them, and Brennan getting HIS **** kicked out by them.

Yeah Troll, lets start comparing the talent on the Offensive Line, heck the talent as a whole, of that of freakin' HAWAII and that of the Tennessee Volunteers, a storied college Football program that year after year has a Top 25 recruiting class. :eek:

Brennan might turn out worse than Ainge, but I will enjoy seeing what Zorn does with him from afar. At least his potential upside is much, much bigger unlike what the Jets did by taking the safe pick. Nice. Safe as always. Same ol' Jets.

I don't know how any Jets fan could logically get upset with drafting Erik Ainge in the 5th round. It's not like passing up on Matt Leinart, Jay Culter and Brady Quinn for Kellen Clemens. This is a fricking 5th round pick who nobody expected sh*t out of and who has a chance to be a good starting Qb.

I don't know how any Jets fan could logically get upset with drafting Erik Ainge in the 5th round. It's not like passing up on Matt Leinart, Jay Culter and Brady Quinn for Kellen Clemens. This is a fricking 5th round pick who nobody expected sh*t out of and who has a chance to be a good starting Qb.

Says who that he has a good chance of becoming a starting QB? Says who? His injury problems at Tennessee? His pinky issues that obviously are still lingering?

I'm sorry, but on Day 2 of the draft its better to go with the upside players, the players with more potential, than the safe pick. Teams that want to find diamons in the rough and teams that sometimes do, do exactly that. You take the potential in either Woodson or Brennan. ****, Matt Flynn would've been a better selection.

124, that I will agree with you on. Woodson has a lot of potential and could be a good starting QB in the NFL (if he ever leaves the Giants).

Obviously Woodson is the wrong color for alot of people on this site but I don't care.

(This post will be erased in 10,9,8...)

124, that I will agree with you on. Woodson has a lot of potential and could be a good starting QB in the NFL (if he ever leaves the Giants).

Obviously Woodson is the wrong color for alot of people on this site but I don't care.

Unfortunately that is probably the truth. The Giants will develop him and in three years he'll be given a chance somewhere to compete for a starting job.

Unfortunately that is probably the truth. The Giants will develop him and in three years he'll be given a chance somewhere to compete for a starting job.

I'm sure Woodson will be a good QB on this level. His only major flaw is that he needs to speed up his release. We'll see what happens.

Says who that he has a good chance of becoming a starting QB? Says who? His injury problems at Tennessee? His pinky issues that obviously are still lingering?

I'm sorry, but on Day 2 of the draft its better to go with the upside players, the players with more potential, than the safe pick. Teams that want to find diamons in the rough and teams that sometimes do, do exactly that. You take the potential in either Woodson or Brennan. ****, Matt Flynn would've been a better selection.

He has missed one game in the last two years.

I seem to recall you being all over Kellen Clemens' jock from the moment we drafted him, and his injury problems were far worse than Ainge's.

I have nothing for or against Ainge. But as far as I can tell, he threw 30+ TD's, 10 picks, and had no receivers. And that was with a messed-up finger that needed surgery. Now he's had the surgery. He'll either be better, worse, or the same as a result of it.

I'm sure Woodson will be a good QB on this level. His only major flaw is that he needs to speed up his release. We'll see what happens.

I resent the fact that you think color has anything to do with my thinking Woodson is a **** prospect. I didn't study QBs this year and I certainly didn't see many Kentucky games, but I did not like the way he looked one bit. I don't think he'll be any good. Don't care if his skin was the color of the incredible Hulk.

A QB whose only major flaw is how he throws the ball? Sound familiar?

He has missed one game in the last two years.

I seem to recall you being all over Kellen Clemens' jock from the moment we drafted him, and his injury problems were far worse than Ainge's.

Really? Clemens' injury was one -- his leg.

How's Brodie Croyle doing these days Troll?

Really? Clemens' injury was one -- his leg.

How's Brodie Croyle doing these days Troll?

Why does everyone insist that I loved Brodie Croyle? I did not.

I just would have rather taken Croyle than burned the 4th pick on Young or Leinart, and thus far, I was not wrong there.

So you're saying the members of this website are against Woodson because he's African American?

Interesting.

Archived