Dolphins rookie breaks down during practice

TaborJet

The Associated Press

Updated: 11:07 p.m. ET July 26, 2005

DAVIE, Fla. - Miami Dolphins rookie Manuel Wright apparently is having a difficult time adjusting to the NFL, and was in tears Tuesday.

The 6-foot-6, 290-pound defensive tackle from Southern California

At first I had to laugh at that and think "maybe the guy is just a puss" but then I'm thinking, "what if he just found out a loved one died/is dying and it was messing with his head?" I hope it's the first of the two :D

The Associated Press

Updated: 11:07 p.m. ET July 26, 2005

DAVIE, Fla. - Miami Dolphins rookie Manuel Wright apparently is having a difficult time adjusting to the NFL, and was in tears Tuesday.

The 6-foot-6, 290-pound defensive tackle from Southern California

Well, what happened was that Wright reported to practice in shorts and a jersey. Since he was wearing a red jersey because of his injury, he must have thought he didn't need to wear pads and his uniform. Wrong!

How do they know he was actually crying?

He could have been wiping sweat from his eyes/face.

The reason why he was crying was because he realized his immature a$$ should've stayed at USC and actually started for at least a year.

He should have, but he was deemed academically ineligible. Bad grades. He would have had to miss a year, regain eligibility, then start over again. As competitive as USC has become, Wright would have lost his job and his stock might not have been as high as it is now. He might also have had some family issues, causing him to bolt for the loot.

I'll cut the kid some slack. Seriously. I don't know what's going on inside his world. Maybe his parents are sick, and he missed classes because of it. Maybe he's dumb. I don't know for sure.

He now has the responsibility of having to perform. Saban is an intense person, who will ride his players hard. He is not your typical newbie. This guy was an NFL defensive coordinator under Belicheck(sp?)and has succeeded everywhere he's been.

Saban has had a ton of success with young talent, I think 90+ percent of his kids graduated with their degrees. If he can't teach this kid and make him perform better, I'm not sure who can.

ACLU will be on this just like that NY Times

article about how they have curtailed what a

DI can do in Basic training!! Hell I went through

Basic in the early 60's with 3 fractured ribs and

I thought it was easy..Well..Until I had to breathe! :lol:

Archived