Chad less then thrilled with QB battle- Cimini

Kentucky Jet

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why?

If he wasn't on the roster..he'd be starting elsewhere.

any qb should be happy to be on an NFL roster without being able to throw a football. I'd be happy as **** to be on the jets roster...and i suck at football.

any qb should be happy to be on an NFL roster without being able to throw a football. I'd be happy as **** to be on the jets roster...and i suck at football.

But your not a former first round pick, aren't the most accurate QB in NFL history, or have NFL experience.

The Bears, Fins, Falcons, Chiefs, etc would all be happy to have Chad start for a short term to find their QB of the future.

Chad Pennington doesn't owe the Jets ****...he's been plenty professional throughout his career to this organization. They should have granted him his trade.

But your not a former first round pick, aren't the most accurate QB in NFL history, or have NFL experience.

The Bears, Fins, Falcons, Chiefs, etc would all be happy to have Chad start for a short term to find their QB of the future.

Chad Pennington doesn't owe the Jets ****...he's been plenty professional throughout his career to this organization. They should have granted him his trade.

Chad Pennington doesn't owe the Jets ****? Are you ****ing serious?

They paid him $64 million to be a mediocre QB. The most accurate QB in NFL history? Lots of people could be the most accurate QB in NFL history if 95% of their passes traveled 3-5 yards.

Congrats, though, on actually naming four whole teams that this ****ing bum could start for.

Be thrilled you are still on the ****ing roster, douche-bag.

EXACTLY, with that sh*teous performance he had last year, he has no place to be 'less than thrilled', he should be blowing mangini vigerously for not cutting him.

mspin.gif

:confused0085:

yeah those clubs you mentioned were so anxious to get penny they offered all sorts of trades for him. I guess the FO just wanted a QB that can't throw really bad.

That "one of the most accurate passers" excuse is completely null and void, He has absolutely nothing to show for it. A couple of playoff berths is about it. He offers us nothing. I dont understand why there are still Chad P junkies who call themselves JETS fans. BAFFLING.

chad was great an most accurate before his surgeries. now he is qb that just barely does the job then in the 4th quarter blows it with an int and is very overpayed.

he will be a jet for i say year maybe 2.. just as a backup incase kellen is worse the kyle boller or he gets hurt. and also to coach bothe kellen and ainge.

That "one of the most accurate passers" excuse is completely null and void, He has absolutely nothing to show for it. A couple of playoff berths is about it. He offers us nothing. I dont understand why there are still Chad P junkies who call themselves JETS fans. BAFFLING.

it's good for something...haven't you ever heard of jeopardy? You know damn well no one on the show will get it in ten years. They won't even recognize his name.

Chad Pennington doesn't owe the Jets ****? Are you ****ing serious?

They paid him $64 million to be a mediocre QB. The most accurate QB in NFL history? Lots of people could be the most accurate QB in NFL history if 95% of their passes traveled 3-5 yards.

Congrats, though, on actually naming four whole teams that this ****ing bum could start for.

You are aware it's the Jets fault entirely for giving him that amount of money, you can't blame Chad for getting the best deal he can get. I don't see how he owes the team because they were stupid enough to overpay him.

Did ecurb make a new account?

No, Chad has more than 2 people that don't hate him (including E-Curb and myself). Man I can't wait to here what everyone has to say when Chad wins the QB Battle. That should be fun.

No, Chad has more than 2 people that don't hate him (including E-Curb and myself). Man I can't wait to here what everyone has to say when Chad wins the QB Battle. That should be fun.

He won't win anything.

& if he does, i will finally realize that the JETS coaching staff does not give a sh*t about the well being of the franchise and the fans that support it.

You are aware it's the Jets fault entirely for giving him that amount of money, you can't blame Chad for getting the best deal he can get. I don't see how he owes the team because they were stupid enough to overpay him.

The notion that Chad owes absolutely nothing to this team is ridiculous. He is the highest paid backup QB in the league and he should be very thankful to still be on the roster. He isn't making the same amount of money starting somewhere else that he is while he sits his ass on our bench and waves a towel. Shut the **** up and take it, Chad. If you didn't absolutely ****ing suck the last three years you wouldn't be in this situation, buddy.

Chad junkies? Please! Clemens has done absolutely nothing to earn a starting role in the NFL. You don't go out and spend $160 mill in the offseason to hand the team to a QB who looked skittish at best in his only playing time to date. Let's be real here. What's baffling to me is that so many people are willing to put their stock into a guy who looked like Brooks Bollinger with an arm in the 8 games he has started to this point. He still may be a good QB but I haven't seen that yet besides the pre-season last year and a moment or two during the season. There is no reason why these two should not be competing for the starting job. Neither one of them did anything that would justify handing them the team at this point. Besides, Mangini doesn't give a rat's a$$ what any of you think about Chad and if he thinks he can get the job done he will be starting. Time will tell.

And I can't wait to see what you guys have to say whenever Chad struggles to throw more TDs than INTs and can't move the ball whatsoever against a legit defense.

Oh, wait, I really can wait, because I already know what you'll say. It's the offensive lines' fault; it's the tailbacks' fault; it's the receivers' fault; it's the defenses' fault; it's the kicker's fault; it's Mangini's fault! Not Chad! Just get him 52 new team-mates and a new coaching staff and he'll show all you haters!

Chad junkies? Please! Clemens has done absolutely nothing to earn a starting role in the NFL. You don't go out and spend $160 mill in the offseason to hand the team to a QB who looked skittish at best in his only playing time to date. Let's be real here. What's baffling to me is that so many people are willing to put their stock into a guy who looked like Brooks Bollinger with an arm in the 8 games he has started to this point. He still may be a good QB but I haven't seen that yet besides the pre-season last year and a moment or two during the season. There is no reason why these two should not be competing for the starting job. Neither one of them did anything that would justify handing them the team at this point. Besides, Mangini doesn't give a rat's a$$ what any of you think about Chad and if he thinks he can get the job done he will be starting. Time will tell.

So who looked better last year? I'd rather start Clemens, and if he sucks then we know he's not the guy and move on, instead of possibly making the playoffs and losing first round. It was extremely painful watching Chad play last year.

No, what you don't do is spend $160 million in the off-season to hand the team over to a a 31-year old QB that hasn't been serviceable in over three years, has the arm strength of a (poor) high schooler, and sucked so badly last season that he had to be replaced with a second year QB who looked skittish at best.

Amen on that. Regardless of whether or not someone thinks he sucks he has been nothing but a team player from day 1. He has fought as much as he could through injury to stay on the field. Show some class Jets fans! It's one thing to hope Clemens starts and another to try to paint Chad as anything but a professional and team player. Ask the players what they think of him. Is Coles an idiot because he has stated that the main reason he came back was because of Chad. The players on the Jets have nothing but respect for Chad. They are the ones that really matter, not us idiot fans.

No, what you don't do is spend $160 million in the off-season to hand the team over to a a 31-year old QB that hasn't been serviceable in over three years, has the arm strength of a (poor) high schooler, and was sucked so badly last season that he had to be replaced with a second year QB who looked skittish at best.

Yeah, I know, I've heard all about Chad. He sucks. He can't throw the ball. Etc. Etc. I guess that's why he's still on the team. We might as well just cancel the season if they are gonna let this noodle-armed piece of garbage start. You're right. I now see it.=D>

So who looked better last year? I'd rather start Clemens, and if he sucks then we know he's not the guy and move on, instead of possibly making the playoffs and losing first round. It was extremely painful watching Chad play last year.

It was painful watching both of them last year. Clemens did not look better. They both looked like dog sh^%. Chad can play better than that. Can Clemens? If he can, I'm sure you'll get your wish and he'll be starting. I'm fine with either starting. They have an OL now so we will see who is better. It doesn't matter who you want to start anyway because Mangini will be making that choice, not the fans.

Amen on that. Regardless of whether or not someone thinks he sucks he has been nothing but a team player from day 1. He has fought as much as he could through injury to stay on the field. Show some class Jets fans! It's one thing to hope Clemens starts and another to try to paint Chad as anything but a professional and team player. Ask the players what they think of him. Is Coles an idiot because he has stated that the main reason he came back was because of Chad. The players on the Jets have nothing but respect for Chad. They are the ones that really matter, not us idiot fans.

I respect chad but if he was such a "team" player why doesn't he take a pay cut. He lost his starting role because of injuries and will never be the same player again. your lost, when u hear Chad Pennington u see the 2002 chad before injuries.

if u really believe he is the same then u must think every star pitcher in baseball that gets tommy john surgery will be the same when they come back.

It was painful watching both of them last year. Clemens did not look better. They both looked like dog sh^%. Chad can play better than that. Can Clemens? If he can, I'm sure you'll get your wish and he'll be starting. I'm fine with either starting. They have an OL now so we will see who is better. It doesn't matter who you want to start anyway because Mangini will be making that choice, not the fans.

Chad is a veteran QB who looked strikingly sub par in comparison to a rookie QB, are you srsly making this argument? They both sucked, but Chad lost his job to a rookie who led the team to more win's than Chad did. Chad is finished.

Yeah, I know, I've heard all about Chad. He sucks. He can't throw the ball. Etc. Etc. I guess that's why he's still on the team. We might as well just cancel the season if they are gonna let this noodle-armed piece of garbage start. You're right. I now see it.=D>

Do you even watch the Jets?

I guess you don't, since you seem to forget last season, when, as bad as the rest of the team was, Chad single-handedly lost the Jets games against the Giants, Bengals, and Eagles.

I guess you also didn't notice that the offense scored more points after the skittish Kellen Clemens became the quarterback.

But, who wants their QB to lead their team to "points"? What I want behind center is a guy that is a classy warrior. I don't want any of this fancy "offensive production" stuff, or "the ability to lead the team back from behind". That's for loser teams like the Pats and Giants. No, sir. I want me a classy warrior.

Dont start counting your accolades yet Nostradamus - if that pus arm is starting we're in such bad shape there wont be anybody here to give you your due praise.

And I can't wait to see what you guys have to say whenever Chad struggles to throw more TDs than INTs and can't move the ball whatsoever against a legit defense.

Oh, wait, I really can wait, because I already know what you'll say. It's the offensive lines' fault; it's the tailbacks' fault; it's the receivers' fault; it's the defenses' fault; it's the kicker's fault; it's Mangini's fault! Not Chad! Just get him 52 new team-mates and a new coaching staff and he'll show all you haters!

Blah Blah Blah! Are you conceding that Chad will be starting? Otherwise I won't even get to make those excuses. He has much more TD's than INT's so I don't know where you pulled that from. The alternative has a 1-2 TD-INT ratio in his career to date. Wrong argument.

Archived