Chad less then thrilled with QB battle- Cimini

Kentucky Jet

I didnt even read the thread... lol

Max what are you going to do in 10 years when Chad has faded into the distance? The post count will suffer big time!

Chad will win the competition and have one last shot...

The JETS will draft high for a QB next year OR acquire one...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I can't wait to see what you guys have to say whenever Chad struggles to throw more TDs than INTs and can't move the ball whatsoever against a legit defense.

Oh, wait, I really can wait, because I already know what you'll say. It's the offensive lines' fault; it's the tailbacks' fault; it's the receivers' fault; it's the defenses' fault; it's the kicker's fault; it's Mangini's fault! Not Chad! Just get him 52 new team-mates and a new coaching staff and he'll show all you haters!

POTW NOM

Spot ON Troll ,man, I can't wait till the first coin flip and Chad is NOT out there. I will breathe easy.

I'm sorry, but if my team gives a Quarterback a 7 year, $64 million contract BACK IN 2003, I want a Super Bowl or at least a freakin' Super Bowl apperance. The closet we've come is the AFC Divisional Round and were shut down on offense in both of those games.

I guess you'd be pissed if you were the fan of a lot of teams then. Not many teams win the SB but there are a lot of high paid QB's out there.

POTW NOM

Spot ON Troll ,man, I can't wait till the first coin flip and Chad is NOT out there. I will breathe easy.

How is that a POTW when it is not even accurate? Chad is not known for throwing more INT's than TD's and never has been.

I didnt even read the thread... lol

Max what are you going to do in 10 years when Chad has faded into the distance? The post count will suffer big time!

Chad will win the competition and have one last shot...

The JETS will draft high for a QB next year OR acquire one...

No he won't. He sucks! Haven't you heard?

How is that a POTW when it is not even accurate? Chad is not known for throwing more INT's than TD's and never has been.

Over the last three years (which happen to be the ones that are post surgery), Pennington has a grand total of ONE more TD than interception.

It wasn't suggested that the Jets owe him anything.

But if they are so focused on not starting him, might as well have traded him on draft day.

That's a contradiction.

Why should they have moved him if they don't plan on starting him if they don't owe him anything?

Over the last three years (which happen to be the ones that are post surgery), Pennington has a grand total of ONE more TD than interception.

Okay but when has he STRUGGLED to throw more TD's than INT's? He has 82 TD's and 55 INT's in his career and a 65% completion percentage. If you want to say he has a weak arm or he can't score points you can argue that. If you want to say he throws a lot of INT's, you don't.

Weren't you the one screaming thief?

Move his contract elsewhere, or have the new team rip it up and give him a new one.

I wish they would have, but obviously, his value to the rest of the league is not where you believe it is.

Once again, they didn't have or need to do ****. Because they owe Spaghetti Shoulder absolutely nothing.

Okay but when has he STRUGGLED to throw more TD's than INT's? He has 82 TD's and 55 INT's in his career and a 65% completion percentage. If you want to say he has a weak arm or he can't score points you can argue that. If you want to say he throws a lot of INT's, you don't.

Um, since 2005.

Damn, dude, READ.

Doubtful.

Chad would most likely start in Chicago, GB, Minnesota, Miami, KC, ATL to name a few.

Chicago- Rex is underrated he does good for a lot of games then throws like 5 picks in one game. Chicago could use chad but they have more problems then qb. gotta resign urlacher,runningback situation, wrs suck now.

GB? aaron rodgers is def the starter he waited 3 years and there not gonna go from brett fave/gun slinger to chad. stupidest thing i ever heard

Minnesota likes tavaris. chad might be a better qb(right now)then him but tavaris can make plays by running. imo Tavaris can become a decent qb if he learns tot hrow better on the run.

Miami is going john beck and if he dont work they got henne. They might want a veteran but not chad bc theres no reason to pick up his contract.

KC only bc herm is there. but still not bc his contract

ATL- they could use him for like a year so matt ryan can learn a little but i cant see them getting him bc they need somethign to bring fans back in and chad is someone that will make fans leave.

I, for one, will be extremely pissed off if Pennington is behind C on opening day.

I can't stand the thought of watching him manage another great game but fail physically.

I can't stand the thought of hearing him place another loss on the team, instead of accepting more responsibility himself.

I can't stand the thought of him telling everyone that he's as strong as he's ever been instead of admitting that the ol' arm ain't what it used to be.

I just can't take it again.

I guess you'd be pissed if you were the fan of a lot of teams then. Not many teams win the SB but there are a lot of high paid QB's out there.

Not too many making what he makes that havn't won already and if they havn't, at least they can stay on the field and give the team a chance.

I, for one, will be extremely pissed off if Pennington is behind C on opening day.

I can't stand the thought of watching him manage another great game but fail physically.

I can't stand the thought of hearing him place another loss on the team, instead of accepting more responsibility himself.

I can't stand the thought of him telling everyone that he's as strong as he's ever been instead of admitting that the ol' arm ain't what it used to be.

Read My mind

POTW NOM

I handing them out like hot cakes in this thread

Thank you Bill - I can't either. It's one thing to carry a positive attitude - for a professional athlete it's obligatory. It's a whole other set of issues when someone who's failed to produce commensurate with his salary and billing shows contempt when he isn't given what he's always got. He should be happy he's not having to wash jockstraps to make up for how he didnt perform to his real job description.

I wish they would have, but obviously, his value to the rest of the league is not where you believe it is.

Once again, they didn't have or need to do ****. Because they owe Spaghetti Shoulder absolutely nothing.

Or they know he's better than what they have, so trading him would bring no value to the team.

It's not a question of who owes anything. It's about making the JETS better, not the interest of one player.

Your blatant hatred for one person is blinding you to the original statement you made, claiming he should be happy to be on the roster.

I'm still awaiting an answer as to why if he would be on another roster in a heartbeat.

Thank you Bill - I can't either. It's one thing to carry a positive attitude - for a professional athlete it's obligatory. It's a whole other set of issues when someone who's failed to produce commensurate with his salary and billing shows contempt when he isn't given what he's always got. He should be happy he's not having to wash jockstraps to make up for how he didnt perform to his real job description.

I guess I'm not the only one sick of Pennington telling the media after a loss that was his fault that he "Thought he had a good game except for a play or two". What a clown.

He never takes responsibility for his own F ups. Clemens has at least thrown himself under the bus after a loss, when has Chad ever done that? Great leader my a**. He's a piece of garbage from top to bottom.

Chicago- Rex is underrated he does good for a lot of games then throws like 5 picks in one game. Chicago could use chad but they have more problems then qb. gotta resign urlacher,runningback situation, wrs suck now.

GB? aaron rodgers is def the starter he waited 3 years and there not gonna go from brett fave/gun slinger to chad. stupidest thing i ever heard

Minnesota likes tavaris. chad might be a better qb(right now)then him but tavaris can make plays by running. imo Tavaris can become a decent qb if he learns tot hrow better on the run.

Miami is going john beck and if he dont work they got henne. They might want a veteran but not chad bc theres no reason to pick up his contract.

KC only bc herm is there. but still not bc his contract

ATL- they could use him for like a year so matt ryan can learn a little but i cant see them getting him bc they need somethign to bring fans back in and chad is someone that will make fans leave.

You have the nerve to say Rex Grossman is underrated and that I made a stupid statement in one post. Irony seems to be running wild.

So you're counting on Aaron Rodgers to be the solution at this point? They need a veteran QB in the worst way. What sounds stupid now?

Tavaris Jackson sucks...next.

John Beck sucks...next.

Who is KC QB?

One year is one year..chad would flourish for a dome team.

I guess I'm not the only one sick of Pennington telling the media after a loss that was his fault that he "Thought he had a good game except for a play or two". What a clown.

He never takes responsibility for his own F ups. Clemens has at least thrown himself under the bus after a loss, when has Chad ever done that? Great leader my a**. He's a piece of garbage from top to bottom.

Wow..you have serious issues.

Perhaps you're mixing Chad with Herm.

You have the nerve to say Rex Grossman is underrated and that I made a stupid statement in one post. Irony seems to be running wild.

So you're counting on Aaron Rodgers to be the solution at this point? They need a veteran QB in the worst way. What sounds stupid now?

Tavaris Jackson sucks...next.

John Beck sucks...next.

Who is KC QB?

One year is one year..chad would flourish for a dome team.

why does GB need a veteran QB in the worst way? THey are the youngest team in the NFL and have a 3rd year QB that played very well against a top 10 defense last year, and a rookie second round pick from this year. If they wanted a veteran the only reason they'd grab one is for depth, and for that reason Pennington would be a good number 3 for them. Maybe a number two if he could beat out Brohm, which i doubt.

why does GB need a veteran QB in the worst way? THey are the youngest team in the NFL and have a 3rd year QB that played very well against a top 10 defense last year, and a rookie second round pick from this year. If they wanted a veteran the only reason they'd grab one is for depth, and for that reason Pennington would be a good number 3 for them. Maybe a number two if he could beat out Brohm, which i doubt.

Aaron Rodgers has started how many games in his career? Brian Brohm has competed in how many training camps?

GB desperately needs a vet if this kid isn't the real deal.

Aaron Rodgers has started how many games in his career? Brian Brohm has competed in how many training camps?

rodgers is way more prepared to take this offense than chad pennington would be. Can you imagine wasting their receiving corps on Chad's flutter balls? They have great receivers they need a QB that can actually throw.

Brad smith would be better suited to play QB for the packers than chad. Smith is better suited for the Jets at QB than chad. The man simply cannot throw anymore.

Brad smith would be better suited to play QB for the packers than chad. Smith is better suited for the Jets at QB than chad. The man simply cannot throw anymore.

When you say things like that you really take away any validity of what you are saying. Brad Smith is not better than Chad. That's just ridiculous. If you want to say that Clemens is a better option at least you can make an argument on that. Smith is not an NFL QB.

lets get vinny then he started alot of games. i guess thats the only thing that matter not skill just how many games u started..

Rex grossman is underatted i think he had 23 tds 20 ints in the year he went to the superbowl but liek i said he had games that made him look like he sucked i think he had 3 games he had 0 td 3 picks and one that he 4 picks no tds.. and alot of those picks are bc he throws deep on 3rd down unliek chad that we need 10 yars he throws 2.

Rex>chad

lets get vinny then he started alot of games. i guess thats the only thing that matter not skill just how many games u started..

Rex grossman is underatted i think he had 23 tds 20 ints in the year he went to the superbowl but liek i said he had games that made him look like he sucked i think he had 3 games he had 0 td 3 picks and one that he 4 picks no tds.. and alot of those picks are bc he throws deep on 3rd down unliek chad that we need 10 yars he throws 2.

Rex>chad

Rex Grossman is the most inconsistent QB I have ever seen. How exactly is he underrated? I'd rather have a guy with a "noodle arm" than a guy who throws interceptions like they are going out of style. Rex is nowhere near as good as Chad and I'm not even saying Chad is all that great anymore. I'd start Kyle Orton before Grossman and he is horrendous.

Rex Grossman is the most inconsistent QB I have ever seen. How exactly is he underrated? I'd rather have a guy with a "noodle arm" than a guy who throws interceptions like they are going out of style. Rex is nowhere near as good as Chad and I'm not even saying Chad is all that great anymore. I'd start Kyle Orton before Grossman and he is horrendous.

Do you understand that underrated does mean hes great jsut that people put him as worst qb in the league but yet he isnt even close to that. I would take grossman before chad right now. Kyle orton is better then chad so is vinny

he was better then vick,young,tavaris jackson in collge at both running and throwing. Why cant he be a NFL qb? just dont give ppl a chance

Because he's NOT a QB in the NFL. What's so hard to understand about that? He was great in College but he is now a WR, ST player and a gadget guy. I didn't say he CAN'T be an NFL QB. I said he is NOT and NFL QB. It's a simple fact. At this point it would take a whole lot of work to catch him up to speed on being a QB in the league (especially with all the different positions he has been playing). Maybe that's the Jets fault for not allowing him to just play QB from the beginning but what's done is done.

Do you understand that underrated does mean hes great jsut that people put him as worst qb in the league but yet he isnt even close to that. I would take grossman before chad right now. Kyle orton is better then chad so is vinny

Grossman IS one of the worst QB's in the league. Yes I do understand what underrated means although I do appreciate you asking. Matt Hasselback is underrated not Rex. He has a career 54% comp which is ridiculous for an NFL QB regardless of whether you are throwing 5 yard slants or 40 yard bombs. Not only that but every other game the guy throws three or four INT's. He is awful. I can totally understand not liking Pennington and all but what you are saying is just plain ridiculous.

Archived