Does anybody else think Dustin Keller is a complete bust in the making?

Chernobyl

First of all he's a TE drafted in the 1st round... We all know the jets have had no luck in that department..

Second he is wearing #81.. Which means he will probably have problems catching the football.. see Curtis Conway and Justin McCariens

Well... Okay... that's some pretty circumstantial evidence..

What's most disturbing is the fact that Dustin can't block..... Didn't we play this game before with Doug Jolley??? You need to be able to block a little to play TE in the NFL... Can somebody make me feel better about this pick???

First of all he's a TE drafted in the 1st round... We all know the jets have had no luck in that department..

Second he is wearing #81.. Which means he will probably have problems catching the football.. see Curtis Conway and Justin McCariens

What's most disturbing is the fact that Dustin can't block..... Didn't we play this game before with Doug Jolley??? You need to be able to block a little to play TE in the NFL... Can somebody make me feel better about this pick???

Hi Joey. Get banned from theganggreen again?

Jet fans wanted a playmaker and I think they got him. He may not block but he's that other receiver we all wanted. Chatman and Franks can block for Chad's blazing speed and for TJones.

No way, he's just like Doug Jolley. He's gotta go!

I agree that he's a bust. People just get excited about our picks and hope for the best. But, in reality, I think that the only pick of our's that won't be a bust is Vernon Gholston. People over-hype our draft picks and they just get carried away. I do not want Dustin Keller starting at TE. I, personally, would like Bubba Franks to get the start over all our TE's.

I think this makes more sense: hbfvuorbvoqwdiopfhweouifhweonvweuiohfvweiohfgvo

nqerionvioqrengioqerniopqgnqeronopqerngiopqengop

qrngoiqerngo9qhjq3rpvmqwegmnq3r089ei0hg8whgqerjmhp[qerh[e

ernqguorhgqh348ortwejgjqropqjqwerawerj.

POTW nom, for making the most sense.

I think this makes more sense: hbfvuorbvoqwdiopfhweouifhweonvweuiohfvweiohfgvo

nqerionvioqrengioqerniopqgnqeronopqerngiopqengop

qrngoiqerngo9qhjq3rpvmqwegmnq3r089ei0hg8whgqerjmhp[qerh[e

ernqguorhgqh348ortwejgjqropqjqwerawerj.

Klingon? :)

Jet fans wanted a playmaker and I think they got him. He may not block but he's that other receiver we all wanted. Chatman and Franks can block for Chad's blazing speed and for TJones.

I hope they are going to use him as a hybrid wr/te. otherwise yes, he will be a bust pick. They reached for him when they could of had him in the second. I wouldn't have chosen him there either, but that is where if we did pick him so many of us wouldn't still be scratching our heads.

I know its cool to start your very own thread, BUT give it some thought and come up a topic that remotely makes sense..The kid just got measured for a helmet..Jeez

This is your in depth analysis why he is going to suck?

Because we havent drafted well in the past, so he will suck.

His jersey number means he will suck.

He cant block, and is compared to Doug Jolley who played under a different coach.

Here's a way to feel better about this pick... stop reading. watch football. then make a decision then. there is no way to know what any player who is a rookie this year is going to do. they havent played a single down in the NFL or in NFL offenses/defenses.

relax, enjoy the spring and summer time, then watch the jets in Sept.

Good points.

Past Jet regimes that have nothing to do with this one have had bad luck drafting TEs in the first round.

McCareins wore #81 so Keller will be a bust because he will wear the same number.

Except it is not well known that the Jets sacrificed a couple of goats and prayed to Apollo when they made the pick.

He should be fine.

Plus, who said he will play TE?

Blocking isn't exactly the hardest skill to learn, its almost as much a frame of mind as anything else. Plus it isn't like he's going to be blocking nose tackles. If he lines up tight, he'll have help blocking ends, lines up wide and he'll block a corner or getting a running crackback block on an outside linebacker. He's athletic enough to not miss the guy that he's supposed to block, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

I hope they are going to use him as a hybrid wr/te. otherwise yes, he will be a bust pick. They reached for him when they could of had him in the second. I wouldn't have chosen him there either, but that is where if we did pick him so many of us wouldn't still be scratching our heads.

What do you base any of this on? There were at least very solid rumors that the Giants and Seahawks would have taken him if he were there, so I don't think we could have gotten him at 36. Is Baker used as a "hybrid wr/te"? That recent article said over 70% of Baker's catches came when he was split out and not as a traditional in-line TE. You think he's already a likely bust? Who did you want to pick in the 2nd? Hardy? That's a guy with serious bust potential.

1st off,,if u think he is aTE u be wrong,,hback...

i think he will be a HUGE success,,I fear Gholston may have more trouble making impact than Keller..

No I dont think he's a bust in the making. I think he's a miracle in the making. You see, what he lacks you can teach, but what he posesses you cant teach. Thats just pure talent and ability. You cant teach what he can do, you can teach him how to get in the way of a body and hold it for 3 seconds....

Now question, when he learns how to hold a defender for 3 seconds on top of what this kid can do what do YOU think he'll be in this league?

Archived