What every rational NFL fan knew was true...

madmike1

Walsh said his illegal filming provided the Pats with valuable information. He said one of the Pats' quarterbacks told him they knew what plays to call 75-percent of the time
How can the trolls spin this? Oh i'm sure they will attack the messenger but as your read their attacks just remember that beneath all their self delusion they KNOW the cheaters were too good to be true. Now everyone knows.

How can the trolls spin this? Oh i'm sure they will attack the messenger but as your read their attacks just remember that beneath all their self delusion they KNOW the cheaters were too good to be true. Now everyone knows.

Link?

Cameragate is over.

When the Past win it all this season people will come to the realization that the taping didnt matter.

smart pats fan, hanging their 3 superbowls on whether they win another one. and if the pats never win another superbowl then what?

You guys need to get over Spygate or whatever it's called. WHO CARES. In other sports, stealing signs is part of the game.... If teams knew they were taping, then CHANGE THE DAMN SIGNS.
I have no problem with stealing signs, but using a video camera to do it is **CHEATING!!!**

As far as changing them, it's not as easy as you make it sound, we are not talking 1 fast ball 2 curve here, and nobody knew they were cheating until they got caught. DUH!!!

As far as caring, what kind of IDIOT would not care when the integrity of the game is compromised, and the league basically turns a blind eye and burns tapes, to save itself from utter embarassment.

A DEAD LIMP IDIOT??? Or just a Patsy fan???

I have no problem with stealing signs, but using a video camera to do it is **CHEATING!!!**

As far as changing them, it's not as easy as you make it sound, we are not talking 1 fast ball 2 curve here, and nobody knew they were cheating until they got caught. DUH!!!

As far as caring, what kind of IDIOT would not care when the integrity of the game is compromised, and the league basically turns a blind eye and burns tapes, to save itself from utter embarassment.

A DEAD LIMP IDIOT??? Or just a Patsy fan???

Other teams used cameras as well. And even did it from the sidelines just like NE. The Pats did it one game too long & got busted on it. It's still allowed in the stands even now & cameras have 20x zoom lenses that could focus on Mangini's chewing gum if they so desired.

If there was a tape of the Rams walkthrough that would be different. But there isn't. So prolonging this is just bad for the NFL, not just bad for the Pats.

Now would it have been better if BB never misinterpreted (lol) the rule to begin with? Of course. Is he an arrogant scumbag? Of course. Did he put the integrity of the league at risk by doing so? Yep.

But nothing new is going to come from the current and past evidence, so there's little point in dragging the whole league for longer. I'm sure it was a distraction with Walsh and the alleged Rams tape coming out right before the superbowl. And they lost a game they may have otherwise won if not for this being a distraction for the Pats coaches and players - the game was certainly close enough. That, plus $500K in personal fines to BB, plus the team getting fined $250K and a first round pick, seems fair to me.

The only other way to have handled it would be if Goodell suspended BB for the season right after the scandal hit the news. He didn't so that time has come and gone.

Other teams used cameras as well. And even did it from the sidelines just like NE. The Pats did it one game too long & got busted on it. It's still allowed in the stands even now & cameras have 20x zoom lenses that could focus on Mangini's chewing gum if they so desired.

If there was a tape of the Rams walkthrough that would be different. But there isn't. So prolonging this is just bad for the NFL, not just bad for the Pats.

Now would it have been better if BB never misinterpreted (lol) the rule to begin with? Of course. Is he an arrogant scumbag? Of course. Did he put the integrity of the league at risk by doing so? Yep.

But nothing new is going to come from the current and past evidence, so there's little point in dragging the whole league for longer. I'm sure it was a distraction with Walsh and the alleged Rams tape coming out right before the superbowl. And they lost a game they may have otherwise won if not for this being a distraction for the Pats coaches and players - the game was certainly close enough. That, plus $500K in personal fines to BB, plus the team getting fined $250K and a first round pick, seems fair to me.

The only other way to have handled it would be if Goodell suspended BB for the season right after the scandal hit the news. He didn't so that time has come and gone.

He should have been suspended. When you suspend an assistant coach for taking an enhancement drug to better himself due to sickness, and not for something like this. That is F-ed up.

now it's over, so on with the Game!

He should have been suspended. When you suspend an assistant coach for taking an enhancement drug to better himself due to sickness, and not for something like this. That is F-ed up.

now it's over, so on with the Game!

I agree. Even though the punishment probably fit the crime on the field, it didn't fit the crime of calling the league's integrity into question. But since he handed out the sentence so quickly, before really taking into account how long this would linger, it was an error in judgment.

Lots of players take steroids. The ones that get caught still face suspensions. The defense of "so many others do it also" is not helpful to those who get busted. Yet that very defense got BB and the Pats a (relative) slap on the wrist.

But it's done. At this point, dragging it out through the summer and the upcoming season isn't at all helpful to the league.

I agree, but I also think this whole thing is very fishy and I would not be suprised if there was a super bowl tape at one point, that some how mysteriousy vanished or was bought.

I agree, but I also think this whole thing is very fishy and I would not be suprised if there was a super bowl tape at one point, that some how mysteriousy vanished or was bought.

Evidence for far more serious crimes than spygate has disappeared. It probably did exist at one point; it's a little too specific of a claim to have no merit at all. But you can't convict someone because of suspicion. And the only evidence is one fired former employee's word against everyone else in the organization.

Even if it's believable, you still need the evidence.

Evidence for far more serious crimes than spygate has disappeared. It probably did exist at one point; it's a little too specific of a claim to have no merit at all. But you can't convict someone because of suspicion. And the only evidence is one fired former employee's word against everyone else in the organization.

Even if it's believable, you still need the evidence.

Not in the court of public opinion you don't.

Look I know everybody has one, but in my opinion from how this whole thing has ben handled and the lack of integrity in the world today and sports in general, you better believe I think there was a tape and a hefty hush payment or some major threats going on to make it disapear.

whether there was or wasnt, we will never know. We can always doubt, like we do with baseball players.

Its over and done with. If fans have an issue with how this was handled or is continuing to be handled, show it with your wallet. Stop watching games. Hit em where it will hurt.

Not in the court of public opinion you don't.

Look I know everybody has one, but in my opinion from how this whole thing has ben handled and the lack of integrity in the world today and sports in general, you better believe I think there was a tape and a hefty hush payment or some major threats going on to make it disapear.

You cannot suspend a coach because of an unfounded rumor. Even if it did actually happen, absent any evidence it is nothing more than a rumor. And the paper that published it ended up issuing a public retraction and apology.

No matter what your hatred of the Pats and BB might be, you can't go around suspending people based on unsubstantiated rumors. Particularly after the source of the rumor then says, "Oops - my bad!"

You cannot suspend a coach because of an unfounded rumor. Even if it did actually happen, absent any evidence it is nothing more than a rumor. And the paper that published it ended up issuing a public retraction and apology.

No matter what your hatred of the Pats and BB might be, you can't go around suspending people based on unsubstantiated rumors. Particularly after the source of the rumor then says, "Oops - my bad!"

Oh I most ceratinly agree, but at the same time I feel he should have been suspended by what they did have in the begining of the season, we all know he cheated, and so did they, that is enough in my book.

Also I bet the radio station recieved some incentive to make their retractment, that holds little water if you ask me.

Where did they get the idea that there was a tape, from somebody who knew first hand maybe?

How come the Walsh camp never denied it? It was a story for like 4 months, in my opinion someone got PAID!!!

Oh I most ceratinly agree, but at the same time I feel he should have been suspended by what they did have in the begining of the season, we all know he cheated, and so did they, that is enough in my book.

Also I bet the radio station recieved some incentive to make their retractment, that holds little water if you ask me.

Where did they get the idea that there was a tape, from somebody who knew first hand maybe?

How come the Walsh camp never denied it? It was a story for like 4 months, in my opinion someone got PAID!!!

You need more than that to suspend someone is all I'm saying.

You can just as easily pay someone to create a totally false rumor. That's why you need hard evidence.

A commissioner can't properly announce: "I heard this rumor. It sounded believable. Turns out there is no evidence and the source has since retracted the rumor with a public apology. But that's not good enough for me. I think they did it and suspect that there was a payoff. So even though I have no evidence of anything, I'm suspending BB because it's believable that it could have happened."

That would be even worse than the way he's handled things so far.

You need more than that to suspend someone is all I'm saying.

You can just as easily pay someone to create a totally false rumor. That's why you need hard evidence.

A commissioner can't properly announce: "I heard this rumor. It sounded believable. Turns out there is no evidence and the source has since retracted the rumor with a public apology. But that's not good enough for me. I think they did it and suspect that there was a payoff. So even though I have no evidence of anything, I'm suspending BB because it's believable that it could have happened."

That would be even worse than the way he's handled things so far.

I totally understand and agree with that Sperm.

I also think they had enough evidence from the Jets tapes they destroyed, and that warranted a suspension in my opinion.

They were very good and finally addressed the lack of speed on defense.

Just watch. They will win.

They also lost Asante Samuel leaving you with Hobbs as your starting CB. I do not think the Pats will win the SB this season (Not ruling them out) but they will probably be the #1 seed again because of the schedule. I think that either San Diego or Jacksonville will win the Superbowl for some reason.

But nothing new is going to come from the current and past evidence, so there's little point in dragging the whole league for longer. I'm sure it was a distraction with Walsh and the alleged Rams tape coming out right before the superbowl. And they lost a game they may have otherwise won if not for this being a distraction for the Pats coaches and players - the game was certainly close enough. That, plus $500K in personal fines to BB, plus the team getting fined $250K and a first round pick, seems fair to me..........

Well, I do not mind Specter putting their feet to the fire. I think the NFL deserves as much bad pub as it gets for destroying that evidence. They are just as arrogant as BB. The destruction of evidence only leads me to believe that there was something very bad on the tapes, and they were worried that Walsh had a duplicate. When they found out he didn't, they breathed their sigh of relief. Destroying evidence immediately like they did was reprehensible. The NFL deserves whatever they get. The pats are off the hook and they know it. The league cannot admit they covered up something. My beef is with the league.

Archived