Damn.

Bob

If the Yankees go 1-5 in their next 6, that would bring the Yankees record to where our season low was last year of 21-29, then I will all but give up. I don't believe this team has any chance to pull off what they did last season, they will just play dead. I honestly don't know why I haven't given up yet, I mean only scoring two runs on Perez is downright pathetic. Were losing to pitchers, who just plain suck, and it's getting ridiculous.

If the Yankees go 1-5 in their next 6, that would bring the Yankees record to where our season low was last year of 21-29, then I will all but give up. I don't believe this team has any chance to pull off what they did last season, they will just play dead. I honestly don't know why I haven't given up yet, I mean only scoring two runs on Perez is downright pathetic. Were losing to pitchers, who just plain suck, and it's getting ridiculous.

Perez is erratic, he doesn't suck. Pitchers that win 15 games with and ERA below 4.00 doesn't suck. Besides he owns the Yankees.

Perez is erratic, he doesn't suck. Pitchers that win 15 games with and ERA below 4.00 doesn't suck. Besides he owns the Yankees.

No, he sucks, he just owns the Yankees. Even pitchers who suck owns at least one team in this league. He will be back to his usual 5 IP, 5 run performance against other teams.

Oliver Perez is very, very hittable.

The Yankees just have a knack into turning everyone they face into Cy Young.

Perez, when he's "on", is an excellent, nearly unhittable pitcher. His problem is consistancy. He's in his "free agent" year so I figure he'll be more consistant. ;)

No, he sucks, he just owns the Yankees. Even pitchers who suck owns at least one team in this league. He will be back to his usual 5 IP, 5 run performance against other teams.

NO he does not suck. Look at his numbers from last year and this year. Where exactly do you get your information? Except for the wins column he was actually better than your "ACE". He is wildly inconsistent, which drives you crazy. When he is on he can be unhittable if you look at his BAA. Kei Igawa sucks, Ian Kennedy sucks. Dare I say it, the phenom Phil Hughes sucks. But if you actually paid attention, you'd realize Perez doesn't suck.

Torre was nothing speical either. In fact seemed like he lspet through most of his last few seasons. Unless he or any manager could he had a great team, Torre hasn't been shown to be any great shakes.

Blaming Girardi is pretty pointless. If Pettitte and Wang don't pitch lights out every time out, it will be a tough season.Add in not having A-rod and Posada and it's a miracle they're only 4 games under .500. What pisses me off-there's not much point to having the Joba/Mo combo at the end if you never get there. Joba should pitch 190+ inninngs as a starter rather than 75+ as a reliever, and this should have been obvious from the begginning.This whole "Joba will go down for a month in June to WB to stretch him out for the rotation" silliness presumed the Yanks would cruise to the playoffs. The innings have to be pitched no matter what; why not have your best pitcher pitch more of them?

Well that didn't take long eh Bob?

Bob has just jump Ship, Man over Board!!!!

;)

ya , if the dysfunctional Mets , who are poorly managed and a clubhouse disaster, can kick the living crap out of the Clanks, maybe Bob has a valid point..

I am not putting the full blame on Girardi. This whole team is a mess, and every single one of them deserves a part of the blame, but I agree most of the blame should go towards Girardi.

Baseball manager is only as good as his starting pitching. Last week every Mets fan wanted Willie Randolph executed on pay-per-view now he looks like a genius after two good outings from Santana and Perez.

The only thing you can kill Girardi for is the Red Sox game where he chose to pitch to Ramirez instead of pitching around him in that critical spot.

It's not Girardi's fault the starting pitch is horrendous.

Well that didn't take long eh Bob?

Bob has just jump Ship, Man over Board!!!!

;)

I will never stop being a Yankees fan. I'm just pissed that they hired the Herm Edwards of baseball and that he has led them to last place.

I will never stop being a Yankees fan. I'm just pissed that they hired the Herm Edwards of baseball and that he has led them to last place.

Damn, that's a huge insult to Girardi. Give him a chance before you brand him with such a loser title !

Is Girardi good at BBQ's ? :)

The Yankees do this every year. Start out slow, then get hot as May winds down, and the win streak propels them high enough into the standings to get the fans back into it.

I don't think Girardi is necesarilly the biggest problem for the Yankees. It's just become systemic; the Yankees start out slow. When that happens year in and year out, regardless of the manager, it seems to be more of an issue of who is on the field.

A-Rod and Posada coming back will probably coincide with the Yankees starting the run that gets them over .500 and near the top of the wild card standings. Then in July, they'll find a decent middle-of-the-rotation guy to trade for, and one of the rookies will begin to emerge to hold down the back end. The middle relief will be of little concern then, with Chamberlain and Mariano resembling the Mariano-Wetteland duo from the beginning of the Yankee dynasty.

Girardi, meanwhile, will learn on the job, and improve over the course of the season.

All this speaks to the Yankees making the playoffs.

Baseball manager is only as good as his starting pitching. Last week every Mets fan wanted Willie Randolph executed on pay-per-view now he looks like a genius after two good outings from Santana and Perez.

The only thing you can kill Girardi for is the Red Sox game where he chose to pitch to Ramirez instead of pitching around him in that critical spot.

I still want Willie fired. He sucks. I'll trade Willie for Girardi...

NO he does not suck. Look at his numbers from last year and this year. Where exactly do you get your information? Except for the wins column he was actually better than your "ACE". He is wildly inconsistent, which drives you crazy. When he is on he can be unhittable if you look at his BAA. Kei Igawa sucks, Ian Kennedy sucks. Dare I say it, the phenom Phil Hughes sucks. But if you actually paid attention, you'd realize Perez doesn't suck.

You'd make a great GM. Giving up on young pitchers after a month. Perez was great last year, but he has been nothing but a below average to terrible pitcher his entire career otherwise.

I still want Willie fired. He sucks. I'll trade Willie for Girardi...

Or Art Howe!

Part of me feels sorry for Willie Randolph. I am friends with his cousin, we were in the Army together and Randolph has Yankee ties so I root for him even though he coaches the Mets. He has maybe the most thankless job in sports. No matter what he does Mets fans kill him non-stop.

It seems like the more successful you are as Mets manager the more punishment you take. Mets fans obsess and over-analyze everything that happens with their team more than any other fans in sports. They killed Bobby Valentine even though he did a great job for them, the friggin guy is exiled to Japan even though he was one of the best managers in the game and now if you listen to WFAN it's non-stop "Willie shoulda done this, Willie shoulda done that".

Get off the man's case already, he was one game away from getting your team to the World Series.

Kei Igawa does suck. Ian Kennedy, and Phil Hughes are supposed to be roughed up. They're just kids. Phil Hughes was the youngest pitcher in the league at the start of the season. Perez is supposed to maintain that below 4 ERA, and he doesn't. He is just nothing but a Yankee killer. That is all he'll ever be.

Get off the man's case already, he was one game away from getting your team to the World Series.

we were there in spite of Willie. Any other manager gets that team to the World Series.

He is a terrible manager. I have thought so since he took over this team. He just isnt very good with strategy.

I do agree with you... its not easy being a Mets manager. But winning cures all. Look at Davey Johnson. Mets will never win with Willie or the cast of characters on that team. None have the killer instinct needed to win it.

I know, I am not as pissed as Mets fans were at Randolph last weekend. I don't kill managers for something they can't control. Sure, I am pissed that this team is playing like absolute horse ****, and can't score a run if their lives depended on it, but I will live. I am sure they'll come around.... hopefully... lol

I would take Perez over Hughes, Kennedy and Igawa any day of the f'n week.

I would take Hideki Irabu over Kei Igawa any day of the week. Phil Hughes, and Ian Kennedy are just kids as I said before. They are supposed to make mistakes every now and then. Phil Hughes will turn out better then Perez though, it may take a while, but I am that high on him. Ian Kennedy will be nothing but a #4 or #5 in a rotation.

Kei Igawa does suck. Ian Kennedy, and Phil Hughes are supposed to be roughed up. They're just kids. Phil Hughes was the youngest pitcher in the league at the start of the season. Perez is supposed to maintain that below 4 ERA, and he doesn't. He is just nothing but a Yankee killer. That is all he'll ever be.

They are SUPPOSED to get roughed up?

They are top prospects. They are NOT supposed to get destroyed like they have been this season. Sure, you can expect them to have shaky outings; all pitchers have shaky outings. But these guys were supposed to be on the level of the Lincecums and Lirianos of the world and they are clearly not.

Archived