The future is bright-

Thor99

I'm actually pretty proud of you JonE. The Yankees are in dead last, got pummeled tonight, have lost 4 in a row and you managed to show up.

Baby steps.

I know the excuses, "We don't have A-Rod or Posada". What a shame, the Yankees can only trot out a littler over $150 million in payroll. How do we ever expect them to win a game?

SCREW THE SOX!!!!

Joba, and Rasner are still better than your young guns including Lester. One no hitter doesen't make you better than everyone else/

Joba is a relief pitcher right now, so you cannot really compare. Lester is the only guy with a decent resume right now as far as how many times he's pitched in the majors. I will say Rasner has pitched fairly well thus far (only two games), but he's already 27 years old. Kind of aged to be a big time prospect. Doesn't seem like he gets deep into games and that could come back to bite him. And as well as he has pitched, he hasn't been better than 23 year old Justin Masterson.

Between Masterson, Buchholz (who has struggled but wouldn't be around if Schilling or Colon were healthy to begin the year) and Lester (and there are plenty of others in the minors) the young pitching prospects are very bright for the Sox. I am sure the same can be said for the Yankees, but those young Yankee arms haven't really proven it up at the next level.

I'm actually pretty proud of you JonE. The Yankees are in dead last, got pummeled tonight, have lost 4 in a row and you managed to show up.

Baby steps.

I know the excuses, "We don't have A-Rod or Posada". What a shame, the Yankees can only trot out a littler over $150 million in payroll. How do we ever expect them to win a game?

Dooshey of the week post no. III

You're such a miserable bastard. It's pretty funny actually.

Johan for Hughes and Melky seems like a dream now, doesn't it?

Future is actually bright for the Yankees too IF they sign Sabathia and put Joba in the starting rotation next year.

Wang-Sabathia-Joba - that's an excellent starting rotation.

Future is actually bright for the Yankees too IF they sign Sabathia and put Joba in the starting rotation next year.

Wang-Sabathia-Joba - that's an excellent starting rotation.

That would be as good as any in the Bigs assuming Joba is as good pitching 7 innings as he is pitching 1 and there's always some unknown when it comes to that.

Baby steps.

more like "we don't have two of the top 6 MVP candidates from 2007"

I highly doubt Joba Chamberlain comes out of the pen. Girardi is doing exactly what Torre did when he groomed Rivera for the closer role. Torre made Rivera the setup man ahead of Wetteland, and when Wetteland left, Rivera took over. Now, when Rivera retires, Chamberlain will take over.

Besides, if Kennedy, Hughes and Rasner end up what the Yankees expect them to be, Chamberlain probably wouldn't be needed in that rotation anyways.

SCREW THE SOX!!!!

Joba, and Rasner are still better than your young guns including Lester. One no hitter doesen't make you better than everyone else/

especially against the royals... when a red sox pitcher throws a perfect game in the world series than ill be impressed

especially against the royals... when a red sox pitcher throws a perfect game in the world series than ill be impressed

Wait, you'll only be impressed when a Red Sox pitcher does something that's only been done ONCE in Major League history? It's not impressive that a cancer survivor not only came back, but threw a no-no? Who cares who it is against, thats impressive.

Wait, you'll only be impressed when a Red Sox pitcher does something that's only been done ONCE in Major League history? It's not impressive that a cancer survivor not only came back, but threw a no-no? Who cares who it is against, thats impressive.

yes once and it was done by an yankee... and yes surviving cancer is pretty special but still he had throat cancer nothing every happened to his throwing arm.... hahahahaha i might be going to hell for that one..:P

Not to mention that future Hall of Famer Phil Hughes only lasted 3 innings against those crappy Royals.

That's exactly the point. You really don't have a leg to stand on to be bashing Lester or the Red Sox.

why because of one bad start to a season... i could stand on my ego if i wanted to because being a yankee fan gives me the right to bash the red sox any day of the week..

why because of one bad start to a season... i could stand on my ego if i wanted to because being a yankee fan gives me the right to bash the red sox any day of the week..

I thought Yankee fans didn't care about the Red Sox? At least that's what Yankee fans have been saying forever.

I thought Yankee fans didn't care about the Red Sox? At least that's what Yankee fans have been saying forever.

yea i dont care if they do good or bad but im still gonna crack on them and give sox fans a hard time... just like when i was a kid and went to dolphin stadium to watch the jets vs. dolphins around christmas time and a guy said i must of been bad that year cuz i got a jet hat for christmas.. its just hazing

Where did you get this idea from? Its the Mets most Yankee fans dont care about unlike they other way around.

Of course I care about beating the Sox...I hate the Red Sox.

Where did you get this idea from? Its the Mets most Yankee fans dont care about unlike they other way around.

Of course I care about beating the Sox...I hate the Red Sox.

I've seen many threads where some Yankee fans claim that Red Sox fans like to see the Yankees lose more than they like to see the Sox win.

For example: If I started a thread about the Yankees someone like JonEJet would jump in and accuse me of being infatuated with the Yanks.

I'm glad you hate the Sox. That's what sports are all about!

Archived