Gordon or Mayo - Who Should the Knicks Take at 6?

PeterNorth09

Honestly, this draft blows IMO I say trade the pick and get under the cap. Mayo kinda reminds me of Deshawn Stephenson with a bigger head if thats possible, I would go Gordon over him though...but I'm still not feeling any of them.

Honestly, this draft blows IMO I say trade the pick and get under the cap. Mayo kinda reminds me of Deshawn Stephenson with a bigger head if thats possible, I would go Gordon over him though...but I'm still not feeling any of them.

I think Gordon has a lot of potential. Mayo will be an ok combo guard in the nba. If the Knicks were picking later than 6 then they'd be in a lot of trouble b/c like you said this isn't a good draft. Outside of the top 5-6 players there isn't much talent.

The good thing about this pick is that the Knicks will be able to get rid of Jamal Crawford's contract immediately. I know Crawford played very well last season but to be honest the guy is a loser. He actually owns the NBA record for seasons played w/o winning 40 games. Even Marbury, Mr. Loser himself, has made the playoffs three different times and won playoff games.

Crawford is a ball-hog and doesn't play defense. Fortunately he played well last season and teams want him. Drafting Gordon or Mayo makes Crawford expendable.

If the Knicks trade Crawford for expiring contracts they'll have about $38 mil coming off the cap next season:

Marbury - $21.9 mil

Rose - $7.6 mil

Crawford- $8.6 mil

$38 mil coming off the cap in one off-season. Let's see Walsh do it.

I think Gordon has a lot of potential. Mayo will be an ok combo guard in the nba. If the Knicks were picking later than 6 then they'd be in a lot of trouble b/c like you said this isn't a good draft. Outside of the top 5-6 players there isn't much talent.

The good thing about this pick is that the Knicks will be able to get rid of Jamal Crawford's contract immediately. I know Crawford played very well last season but to be honest the guy is a loser. He actually owns the NBA record for seasons played w/o winning 40 games. Even Marbury, Mr. Loser himself, has made the playoffs three different times and won playoff games.

Crawford is a ball-hog and doesn't play defense. Fortunately he played well last season and teams want him. Drafting Gordon or Mayo makes Crawford expendable.

If the Knicks trade Crawford for expiring contracts they'll have about $38 mil coming off the cap next season:

Marbury - $21.9 mil

Rose - $7.6 mil

Crawford- $8.6 mil

$38 mil coming off the cap in one off-season. Let's see Walsh do it.

It'll be good if they can move Crawford, I agree with your assessment on him. I would love to see them move Curry also (Wishful thinking), however I don't understand why they wanna move Randolph he's decent, a ball hog but decent IMO.

It'll be good if they can move Crawford, I agree with your assessment on him. I would love to see them move Curry also (Wishful thinking), however I don't understand why they wanna move Randolph he's decent, a ball hog but decent IMO.

Curry has no trade value. After this past season no NBA GM in his right mind would trade for a fat lazy piece of crap who is due $30 million guaranteed the next 3 years.

Randolph is here to stay for at least another 2-3 years. However unlike Curry he can at least score and grab rebounds.

Curry has no trade value. After this past season no NBA GM in his right mind would trade for a fat lazy piece of crap who is due $30 million guaranteed the next 3 years.

Randolph is here to stay for at least another 2-3 years. However unlike Curry he can at least score and grab rebounds.

Sad but true, never liked him, super bust.

Neither.

Bayless, Augustine or Westbrook.

However, they'll take the Italian since D'Antoni loves the Italians and played on the same team as his father 20 some odd years ago. Plus he fits the D'Antoni type of player to run his offense that never stops running.

Neither.

Bayless, Augustine or Westbrook.

However, they'll take the Italian since D'Antoni loves the Italians and played on the same team as his father 20 some odd years ago. Plus he fits the D'Antoni type of player to run his offense that never stops running.

Bayless probably won't be there at 6. He's going at either 3 or 4.

Augustine is a reach at 6. He's a good passer but at 5'11 he won't be able to defend anyone and the Knicks need to start getting guys who play defense.

Westbrook is an excellent defender but is probably a reach at 6.

If the Knicks draft Gallinari I'm going to stop watchng the NBA.

I don't think trading down in the NBA makes any sense. You hardly EVER get good players later in the 1st round.

That's true. Not much talent in the NBA draft after the first 10 picks. For every Gilbert Arenas there are about 1,000 players you've never even heard of that were in the league for 1-2 years and flopped out.

• 2 weeks later...
Gordon. Mayo has trouble written all over him IMO.

I just think Gordon is going to be a very good player in the nba. The NBA has a draft combine, just like the NFL, and Gordon had a great day. He had 5 more reps than Derrick Rose, 5 more than Bayless and nearly twice as many as Brook Lopez, a 7 foot center. He did excellent in the speed drills and showed alot of lateral quickness - which is key to be going a good defender in the nba.

I don't hate Mayo, I think he too can be good in the nba, I just think Gordon has the potential be another Gilbert Arenas or Dwayne Wade.

Super Joe Alexander

i love him besides derrick rose i think he is the best.. i had wvu going final four jsut because he was on that team lol.

Knicks should get him, great player, always finds a way to score. and who is the SF anyway?

gordon would be good but he plays just like crawford there liek the same exact players..

Mayo is overrated imo might be a good 6th man

I just think Gordon is going to be a very good player in the nba. The NBA has a draft combine, just like the NFL, and Gordon had a great day. He had 5 more reps than Derrick Rose, 5 more than Bayless and nearly twice as many as Brook Lopez, a 7 foot center. He did excellent in the speed drills and showed alot of lateral quickness - which is key to be going a good defender in the nba.

I don't hate Mayo, I think he too can be good in the nba, I just think Gordon has the potential be another Gilbert Arenas or Dwayne Wade.

Ehhh I'm not a big fan of this 'NBA combine' at all, Kevin Durant did terrible I believe and he's an excellent player.

i love him besides derrick rose i think he is the best.. i had wvu going final four jsut because he was on that team lol.

Knicks should get him, great player, always finds a way to score. and who is the SF anyway?

gordon would be good but he plays just like crawford there liek the same exact players..

Mayo is overrated imo might be a good 6th man

Gordon plays defense, Crawford doesn't. That's the main difference in their games. There are others as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived