&^*$ this weather!!!

Boozer76

Enough already, it's almost Memorial Day and every friggin day has been rain with 50 degree temperatures. I've had enough of this crap!! I have a gig tomorrow in Manhattan and can barely talk right now thanks to the friggin cold I have due to this sh&t ass weather.

Tell me about it. I woke up Tuesday morning with what felt like a glob of hydrochloric acid in my throat. I have a sore throat and a head cold. this **** ****ing sucks!

Can't say I've ever seen a Long John Silver fast food joint in Massachusetts.

Raleigh leads the nation in PHD's? I guess they are counting all of the people not from North Carolina who work in the RTP area.

And before you ask, I have been to Raleigh.

so,,i have been to Stoneham and thought it sucked..

awful,,just awful

Can't say I've ever seen a Long John Silver fast food joint in Massachusetts.

Raleigh leads the nation in PHD's? I guess they are counting all of the people not from North Carolina who work in the RTP area.

And before you ask, I have been to Raleigh.

3 huge universities in raleigh area is where they are mainly comin from..

nc state, unc and duke,,

most of the kids stay in area when graduate..

visits on business,,ya,,airport,, hotel areas,,good person to get a take on area :confused:

who cares,, it is what is it..

fast growing area for reasons other than strip malls i assume..

they have 3 huge malls in area,,but in between the yhave mini malls where there are grocery stores, pharmacy etc..

its like most places,,nice areas and crappy areas,,,

only diff is warmer, college town, close to beach and mountains..college cheap, and just slower pace..

but i suggest you listen to the guy who comes on business trips,,i dont think its a place meant for you..

u seem like the type that would complain that 'they dont make the lasagne this way UP NORTH'

or

'The bread is way Better UP NORTH'

those people never succeed anywhere other than where mommie and daddie raised them...

I have lots of neighbors from Up North, but not mant Northerners have people movin in from down south...

clue in there somewhere

You have completely misinterpreted what I posted. Shocker!

I said I have no clue - one friend (a woman, btw) has made business trips down there and was not impressed. My cousin lives down there (moved there for his job 6 years ago) and LOVES it. Two differenet opinions. None is weighted more than the other. I think I would like it because its warmer - period. It's warmer. People leave the northeast for three reasons. 1) they are sick and tired of the cold, 2) they are sick and tired of high cost of living and 3) they are just sick and tired of the fast-paced, in your face, grind.

I've visited the south on numerous occasions - I especially liked VA, SC and GA. I like 'em better than MA, that's for sure. The climate is better - and the people are warmer too! Well, the natives anyway - those NY transplants kind of suck;)

And, God forbid I don't get good bread and Lasagna! My oh my, I'd just cry in my mommie and daddies arms that reside in that cold college town that is close to the mounatins and the beach....:)

3 huge universities in raleigh area is where they are mainly comin from..

nc state, unc and duke,,

most of the kids stay in area when graduate..

Harvard, MIT, BC, BU, Northeastern, Tufts, Suffolk, UMass-Lowell* etc. I don't want to play that game.

The reason people are moving down your way is because its cheaper to live down there and most major Corporations have fled the Northeast in pursuit of more tax friendly states.

*I threw in my alma mater for some comic relief.

I understand that you like where you live. I like where I live as well.

BTW: Without going to google maps I doubt you know where Stoneham is.

Harvard, MIT, BC, BU, Northeastern, Tufts, Suffolk, UMass-Lowell* etc. I don't want to play that game.

The reason people are moving down your way is because its cheaper to live down there and most major Corporations have fled the Northeast in pursuit of more tax friendly states.

*I threw in my alma mater for some comic relief.

I understand that you like where you live. I like where I live as well.

i am glad u can list local schools :confused:

u asked why so many phd's here,,i mentioned why..

they produce huge #s of PHDs that STAY here..

I guarantee that a much higher % of Harvard/MIT PHDs leave boston than the % of duke, unc and ncsu ..

i was just tellin u wht raleigh has highest phd ratio,,,

Well, thanks to the ****ty weather I woke up today with a full blown cold. This really sucks considering my band is playinjg Manhattan tonight in front of about 200 people and I am singing lead on one of the songs. Now I think we'll have to switch up the setlist.

$^%# You ****ty weather!!!!!!!!! :curse::mad0222::blowup:

Well, thanks to the ****ty weather I woke up today with a full blown cold. This really sucks considering my band is playinjg Manhattan tonight in front of about 200 people and I am singing lead on one of the songs. Now I think we'll have to switch up the setlist.

$^%# You ****ty weather!!!!!!!!! :curse::mad0222::blowup:

u do any Tull?

how can i do that????

mets are just as bad..

Keith Hernandez for Mets manager..

welcome back,,everything OK????

Not The Yankees - I mean the norther folk around these parts. :) The NY baseball teams are just terrible, aren't they.

I'm good - work has just been kicking my tail all over the place lately - way too much to do around here. Your tax dollars are being spent well - well, at least for my salary. :)

Awesome, glad you liked it Beans!! For old time sakes I'll give you a POTW NOM for liking my song ;)

Thank you sir. :)

I just saw the video for "When Autum Leaves" - also a great tune. You guys ought to do like SJ says and book a few shows down here in Chapel Hill - you'd do well here.

Not The Yankees - I mean the norther folk around these parts. :) The NY baseball teams are just terrible, aren't they.

I'm good - work has just been kicking my tail all over the place lately - way too much to do around here. Your tax dollars are being spent well - well, at least for my salary. :)

I just saw the video for "When Autum Leaves" - also a great tune. You guys ought to do like SJ says and book a few shows down here in Chapel Hill - you'd do well here.

ya, ,at least we can relish in the fact that this IR thing is gonna be the nail that gets BB suspended IMHO

We were just talking about it last night. We are playing at least one more show in Manhattan after tonight, maybe 2. After that show on June 13th we are taking a break until August 18th. My son is due on July 13th so this give us a good window. Around September we are hoping to do a little east coast touring anywhere from VT to DC. I pushed to expand to NC and actually got some good response back from the guys. We'd probably have to book 3 shows Thur/Fri/Sat nights) and make a weekend of it to really make it worthwhile. How is the band scene in the area? Are they like NJ, being cover band crazy, or are they more original band centric?

We were just talking about it last night. We are playing at least one more show in Manhattan after tonight, maybe 2. After that show on June 13th we are taking a break until August 18th. My son is due on July 13th so this give us a good window. Around September we are hoping to do a little east coast touring anywhere from VT to DC. I pushed to expand to NC and actually got some good response back from the guys. We'd probably have to book 3 shows Thur/Fri/Sat nights) and make a weekend of it to really make it worthwhile. How is the band scene in the area? Are they like NJ, being cover band crazy, or are they more original band centric?

original..

its a progressive scene,,

its chapel hill..

liberal, wild, and very cool...

raleigh has many band venues also for nc state in raleigh..

chapel hill is mainly the UNC and Duke kids

thursday is when the crowds star tfor partyong,,my kids told me thurs is when weekends start,,JGBs would know more about band scene,,althoigh he has been gone for awhile from Chapel Thrill

Archived