5. Rams

6. Vikings

AFC Championship Game

Jaguars over Browns

NFC Championship Game

Packers over Rams

Super Bowl

Jaguars over Packers

drago, its not going to be via who has the best record. Indy would have to be the WC.

Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl? :rl:

Ahhhh - F it. I had something typed out here but its way too early to get into this crap.

drago, its not going to be via who has the best record. Indy would have to be the WC.

Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl? :rl:

No way the Jags will be the 1 seed. Have they ever won a Division Title? We all know they can't beat the Colts (Jags are 2-6 against the Colts since 2004).

Cleveland has the same problem against the Steelers but its actually worse. The Browns are 0-8 against the Steelers since 2004.

I doubt Derek Anderson is going to have the same kind of season he had last year.

doubt all you want, these are my picks, where are yours?

I had them out but erased them because it is May freakin' 22nd. Lets wait for Training Camp and Preseason to take shape to see what injuries and cuts take place, if any.

And Jacksonville that high is absurd. Keep doubting New England. And St.Louis? Dude I'd like to know what you're on.

BTW at least make the list NFL correct. If Jacksonville is the 1 seed, Indy can be no higher than 5th and San Diego as a division winner must be in the top 4.

I had them out but erased them because it is May freakin' 22nd. Lets wait for Training Camp and Preseason to take shape to see what injuries and cuts take place, if any.

And Jacksonville that high is absurd. Keep doubting New England.

BTW at least make the list NFL correct.

are you saying it is impossible to have two teams in the same division to have the best records in that conference? even if won gets swept they could lose two games that entire season...more than likely would put them as the second best record in the AFC/NFL.

I will doubt New England, this is the first year i've bet on them having a down season, i dno't feel as though i need to rationalize a pick on "May freakin' 22nd".

reading comprehension is fun. "rated by record"

Too bad thats not how the NFL works. If you want to rate by record, don't include playoff predictions because you ranked them as the Top 6 teams in each conference, ala a playoff format. Sorry if in your world you want playoff rankings like that, but its not. Rank it correctly or leave out the postseason crap.

AFC

1. New England Patriots

2. Indianapolis Colts

3. Cleveland Browns

4. San Diego Chargers

5. Pittsburgh Steelers

6. New York Jets

NFC

1. New Orleans Saints

2. Green Bay Packers

3. Dallas Cowboys

4. Arizona Cardinals (and I predict they'll get in no better than 9-7, maybe 8-8)

5. New York Giants

6. Minnesota Vikings

Round 1 AFC:

(6) Jets over (3) Browns

(5) Steelers over (4) Chargers

Round 1 NFC:

(3) Cowboys over (6) Vikings

(5) Giants over (4) Cardinals

Round 2 AFC:

(1) Patriots over (6) Jets

(2) Colts over (5) Steelers

Round 2 NFC:

(1) Saints over (5) Giants

(3) Cowboys over (2) Packers

2008 AFC Championship Game:

(2) Colts over (1) Patriots

2008 NFC Championship Game:

(1) Saints over (3) Cowboys

Super Bowl XLIII:

Indianapolis Colts over New Orleans Saints

are you saying it is impossible to have two teams in the same division to have the best records in that conference? even if won gets swept they could lose two games that entire season...more than likely would put them as the second best record in the AFC/NFL.

I will doubt New England, this is the first year i've bet on them having a down season, i dno't feel as though i need to rationalize a pick on "May freakin' 22nd".

Eh, you can do it now and change after training camp/preseason. After all, isn't that what all the "experts" do? lol

Okay my drago way of top teams.

AFC.

1. Patriots

2. Colts

3. Cowboys - wait they're not in the AFC? Ah screw it, its rankings man! Who cares I don't care about how the NFL runs things.

4. Chargers

5. Jaguars

6. Browns

NFC.

1. Jets

2. Giants

3. Redskins

4. Eagles

5. Rams

6. St.Louis Cardinals -- yes the Baseball team

Super Bowl:

Cardinals over Cowboys

Okay my drago way of top teams.

AFC.

1. Patriots

2. Colts

3. Cowboys - wait they're not in the AFC? Ah screw it, its rankings man! Who cares I don't care about how the NFL runs things.

4. Chargers

5. Jaguars

6. Browns

NFC.

1. Jets

2. Giants

3. Redskins

4. Eagles

5. Rams

6. St.Louis Cardinals -- yes the Baseball team

Super Bowl:

Cardinals over Cowboys

Cardinals over Eagles if it pans out this way, IMO

Why are you down on the Pats? They only lost Kyle Brady and Donte Stallworth from a record setting offense. They get Sammy Morris back and by all accounts have a pretty decent schedule.

Too bad thats not how the NFL works. If you want to rate by record, don't include playoff predictions because you ranked them as the Top 6 teams in each conference, ala a playoff format. Sorry if in your world you want playoff rankings like that, but its not. Rank it correctly or leave out the postseason crap.

Why would i want to rate it like the NFL does? I want to rank the best teams by record. I'm sorry if i think the browns will have 6 losses but will still win their division, i don't want to rank it like that, i want to rank it exactly how i said...start your own thread if you would like to rank the division winners first.

Why are you down on the Pats? They only lost Kyle Brady and Donte Stallworth from a record setting offense. They get Sammy Morris back and by all accounts have a pretty decent schedule.

Duh. Donte Stallworth was the glue that kept that receiving unit together with those 30 something amazing receptions. Ignore the fact that Jabar Gaffney outplayed him.

Why would i want to rate it like the NFL does? I want to rank the best teams by record. I'm sorry if i think the browns will have 6 losses but will still win their division, i don't want to rank it like that, i want to rank it exactly how i said...start your own thread if you would like to rank the division winners first.

So why can't you change the title of the thread to the Incorrect Way To Predict The Playoffs? ;)

Their schedule is a reason i am catious to pick them as having a down year. You'll probably disagree with these points, but these are my reasons...

-Offensive tackles are slowing down rapidly. Even before the Giants had all the success they did in the super bowl, you could tell Light was having huge issues with the speed rushers.

-I'm not one for thinking other teams didn't know 'how' to beat the pats and now they do because of the Giants game. But teams will not sit back and let brady play statue anymore. Even if the team loses badly doing it, you can bet they will be blitzing all day, just to get shots at the QB.

-Linebackers are very old, Mayo may be good, but he's a rookie.

-Loss in their secondary. I'm not questioning BB's ability to coach a defense, but at somepoint you need some talent to play off of.

-Spaygate, the videos really helped them. If they have to go through a whole season even knowing only half the plays of the other teams.

Those are my reasons. As you can see i still have them rated very high, i just think they'll slip a little.

No way the Jags will be the 1 seed. Have they ever won a Division Title? We all know they can't beat the Colts (Jags are 2-6 against the Colts since 2004).

History has completely irrelevent, it's all about right now.

I think you underate Jacksonville. They were playing as well as anyone towards the end of the season and their one main issue was exposed in the end, their lack of pass rush. They've addressed that need by drafting both Harvey and Groves, both of which could have an immediate impact (The Jags have also been rumoured to be in the running for Jason Taylor). They also had some injuries down the stretch which could only have hurt them (Henderson and Peterson).

I really do think they're a team to watch next season and wouldn't be at all surprised if they went the distance.

History has completely irrelevent, it's all about right now.

I think you underate Jacksonville. They were playing as well as anyone towards the end of the season and their one main issue was exposed in the end, their lack of pass rush. They've addressed that need by drafting both Harvey and Groves, both of which could have an immediate impact (The Jags have also been rumoured to be in the running for Jason Taylor). They also had some injuries down the stretch which could only have hurt them (Henderson and Peterson).

I really do think they're a team to watch next season and wouldn't be at all surprised if they went the distance.

History isn't irrelevant when it comes to the Jags and Colts. For some reason the Jags just can't beat those guys.

History isn't irrelevant when it comes to the Jags and Colts. For some reason the Jags just can't beat those guys.

Eh...to be fair, once upon a time the same thing was said about the Colts concerning the Patriots. Of course, I don't necessarily think things will change either, but if the Colts can turn things around against the Pats like they did, Im convinced anyone turn things around against a team.

That reason - They haven't been able to get to Manning. Hence the Pass rushers. IF they pan out, and I know that's far from a sure thing, they will be an incredibly tough team for anyone to beat.

(rated by record)

AFC

1. Jaguars

2. Colts

3. Patriots

4. Browns

5. Jets

6. Chargers

NFC

1. Cowboys

2. Seattle

3. Packers

4. Saints

5. Rams

6. Vikings

AFC Championship Game

Jaguars over Browns

NFC Championship Game

Packers over Rams

Super Bowl

Jaguars over Packers

My Picks:

AFC

1. Pats

2. Jags

3. Chargers

4. Browns

5. Colts

6. Jets

NFC:

1. Cowboys

2. Saints

3. Vikings

4. SF 49ers

5. Seattle

6. Giants

AFC Playoffs:

RD 1:

Jets (6) over Chargers (3)

Browns (4) over Colts (5)

RD 2:

Jags (2) over Jets (6)

Browns (4) over Pats (1)

CHAMP GAME:

Jaguars (2) over Browns (4)

NFC Playoffs:

RD 1:

Vikings (3) over Giants (6)

49ers (4) over Seattle (5)

RD 2:

Cowboys (1) over 49ers (4)

Vikings (3) over Saints (2)

CHAMP GAME:

Cowboys (1) over Vikings (3)

SUPER BOWL:

Jaguars (AFC 2) over Cowboys (NFC 1)

Eh...to be fair, once upon a time the same thing was said about the Colts concerning the Patriots. Of course, I don't necessarily think things will change either, but if the Colts can turn things around against the Pats like they did, Im convinced anyone turn things around against a team.

That 3 game streak the Colts had against the Pats came to a crashing halt last year in Indy.

The Jags and Colts play twice a year. The Jags haven't proven they can beat the Colts on a consistent basis.

I just don't see the Jags getting over that hurdle.

Their schedule is a reason i am catious to pick them as having a down year. You'll probably disagree with these points, but these are my reasons...

-Offensive tackles are slowing down rapidly. Even before the Giants had all the success they did in the super bowl, you could tell Light was having huge issues with the speed rushers.

-I'm not one for thinking other teams didn't know 'how' to beat the pats and now they do because of the Giants game. But teams will not sit back and let brady play statue anymore. Even if the team loses badly doing it, you can bet they will be blitzing all day, just to get shots at the QB.

-Loss in their secondary. I'm not questioning BB's ability to coach a defense, but at somepoint you need some talent to play off of.

-Spaygate, the videos really helped them. If they have to go through a whole season even knowing only half the plays of the other teams.

Those are my reasons. As you can see i still have them rated very high, i just think they'll slip a little.

The Jets have the same schedule except the Pats play Pittsburgh and Indy while the Jets play Cincy and Tennessee.

On to your points:

Matt Light has always had trouble with speed rushers.

Brady get hit a lot last year. Bring on the blitz. Welker will have 120 receptions.

The linebackers have been old for many years. There was a reason the Pats drafted three of them this year

The Pats will miss Asante big time, but they still have a great D-Line and scheme that will trouble the QB.

Are you serious? The Pats won 18 games in a row last year without "videotapes" They came within 2 minutes of going 19-0.

gainzo, the last one i forgot to add, is teams play the second best team in the NFL different than the rest of the league. Despite the Jets having virtually the same schedule, the Pats are going to see much more difficult competition from those same teams.

You're right about light...but if it was a moderate problem when he was young, how will it effect him now that he is getting up there in age?

The only way to tell if i'm right at all is watching the season. Time will tell i suppose.

gainzo, the last one i forgot to add, is teams play the second best team in the NFL different than the rest of the league. Despite the Jets having virtually the same schedule, the Pats are going to see much more difficult competition from those same teams.

You're right about light...but if it was a moderate problem when he was young, how will it effect him now that he is getting up there in age?

The only way to tell if i'm right at all is watching the season. Time will tell i suppose.

Matt Light was born in June of 1978. Alan Faneca was born in December of 1976.

Damien Woody has played 4 or 5 games at tackle and the Jets sign him to a ridiculous contract.

I'll roll the dice and put my money on the Pats Oline over the Jets Oline.

Lotta love for the Browns in this thread... Is it just me or does anybody else think that their awful defense will get them burnt BAD this year?

I think they have been slightly overated. They should be much improved defensively though with the new additions on the D-line. As long as they have Winslow, Edwards, Lewis and that O-line their offense will still be a huge force.

Lotta love for the Browns in this thread... Is it just me or does anybody else think that their awful defense will get them burnt BAD this year?

I like their two new DT's, that should shore up their terrible run defense. I have a guess that one of their linebackers will make the probowl this year only because of their tackle play.

my opinion Id love to see the Jets but I dont think so yet

AFC

1-Pats

2-Colts

3-Chargers

4-Steelers

5-Jags

6-Browns

NFC

1-Cowboys

2-Packers

3-Seahawks

4-Bucs

5-Giants

6-Vikings

AFC Wild Card

(3) Chargers 27 (6) Browns 17

(4) Steelers 34 (5) Jags 37

NFC Wild Card

(3) Seahawks 17 (6) Vikings 20

(4) Bucs 24 (5) Giants 31

AFC Divisional Round

(1) Pats 34 (5) Jags 24

(2) Colts 24 (3) Chargers 20

NFC Divisonal Round

(1) Cowboys 23 (6) Vikings 10

(2) Packers 20 (5) Giants 23

AFC Championship

(1) Pats 27 (2) Colts 30

NFC Championship

(1) Cowboys 31 (5) Giants 27

Super Bowl XLIII

(1) Pats 20 (1) Cowboys 23

my opinion Id love to see the Jets but I dont think so yet

AFC

1-Pats

2-Colts

3-Chargers

4-Steelers

5-Jags

6-Browns

NFC

1-Cowboys

2-Packers

3-Seahawks

4-Bucs

5-Giants

6-Vikings

AFC Wild Card

(3) Chargers 27 (6) Browns 17

(4) Steelers 34 (5) Jags 37

NFC Wild Card

(3) Seahawks 17 (6) Vikings 20

(4) Bucs 24 (5) Giants 31

AFC Divisional Round

(1) Pats 34 (5) Jags 24

(2) Colts 24 (3) Chargers 20

NFC Divisonal Round

(1) Cowboys 23 (6) Vikings 10

(2) Packers 20 (5) Giants 23

AFC Championship

(1) Pats 27 (2) Colts 30

NFC Championship

(1) Cowboys 31 (5) Giants 27

Super Bowl XLIII

(1) Pats 20 (1) Cowboys 23

The Pats cheating again I see. Losing in the Championship game yet finding a way to make it to the superbowl regardless. Bastards.

It's May right? Ok. :)

AFC

1. New York Jets

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

4. San Diego Chargers

5. New England Patriots

6. Indianapolis Colts

NFC

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. Minnesota Vikings

3. New Orleans Saints