Titans QB Vince Young Considered Retirement After '06

Irish Jet

Titans QB Vince Young Considered Retirement After '06

Tennessee Titans third-year quarterback Vince Young told NFL.com's Vince Young on Thursday that he seriously considered quitting football after his rookie season, in which the Titans finished at .500. "I really thought long and hard about it," Young said after practice. "There was so much going on with my family. It was crazy being an NFL quarterback. It wasn't fun anymore. All of the fun was out of it. All of the excitement was gone. All I was doing was worrying about things. My teammates helped lift me out of it. I prayed really hard. And I began to focus on God's calling for me. Play football. Be a role model."

Source: NFL.com

:wtf:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe he knew that if he played any longer, he would be exposed for the ****ty QB that he is.

Actually, judging by his Wonderlic, I doubt he knew that.

:rl:

I actually think he'll be better this season. I still don't rate him and he's horrificly overrated but I think that with Chris Johnson and Alge Crumpler being added, and with that offensive line he's in too good a situation to be terribly bad.

The running game will be incredibly strong for the Titans next season.

:rl:

I actually think he'll be better this season. I still don't rate him and he's horrificly overrated but I think that with Chris Johnson and Alge Crumpler being added, and with that offensive line he's in too good a situation to be terribly bad.

The running game will be incredibly strong for the Titans next season.

Their running game is always strong. It's how they compete for the playoffs without an NFL caliber QB.

I think Young is pretty much like Vick, in that it does not matter what receiving talent surrounds him. He will **** it up.

Hell, Roddy White looks like a pretty damn good young receiver now. Because he got to play a whole season with superstuds Joey Harrington and Chris Redman at QB.

Their running game is always strong. It's how they compete for the playoffs without an NFL caliber QB.

I think Young is pretty much like Vick, in that it does not matter what receiving talent surrounds him. He will **** it up.

Hell, Roddy White looks like a pretty damn good young receiver now. Because he got to play a whole season with superstuds Joey Harrington and Chris Redman at QB.

One thing about QB's such as Young and especially Vick. They will always improve the teams running game just because of their own rushing threat. The D-line always plays to contain the QB from rolling out and running himself, which will always opens up running lanes inside for the RB's.

That is one of the few advantages of having a run first QB.

I think he has considerably more passing ability than Vick.

Also...we haven't had an NFL QB since Vinny was benched for Chad the first time. You saw how that worked. If VY just calls Chad and asks him how to promote himself, barring injuries, he can manage FGs in playoff games for a decade.

Vick was bad at passing. Very bad. But I don't know what Vince Young has done to show he's in anyway better.

Vick was better than Young at both passing and of course running. He was a much smarter QB too.

Overall he was just simply a much better QB and I don't even rate him that highly.

Vick was bad at passing. Very bad. But I don't know what Vince Young has done to show he's in anyway better.

Vick was better than Young at both passing and of course running. He was a much smarter QB too.

Overall he was just simply a much better QB and I don't even rate him that highly.

Vick usually didn't even rank in the top 32 passers. That's pretty bad considering there are only 32 teams in the NFL. I think VY has been finishing in the bottom 5 or so of NFL starters, that's quite a bit better. You've got to remember, we aren't exactly comparing great passers here, being better than Vick isn't saying much.

Vick usually didn't even rank in the top 32 passers. That's pretty bad considering there are only 32 teams in the NFL. I think VY has been finishing in the bottom 5 or so of NFL starters, that's quite a bit better. You've got to remember, we aren't exactly comparing great passers here, being better than Vick isn't saying much.

Go to NFL.com and compare their passing stats for the early part of their careers, Vick was much better.

Also...we haven't had an NFL QB since Vinny was benched for Chad the first time. You saw how that worked. If VY just calls Chad and asks him how to promote himself, barring injuries, he can manage FGs in playoff games for a decade.

If Young is a better passer than Vick, it is marginal at best.

Vick has a stronger arm, but I don't see how you can definitively say that Young is more accurate. Neither is (was) accurate.

At this point in Michael Vick's career (after year two), he was a better player than Young and it's not that close. Of course, Vick's problem is that he never improved on his initial promise, and he ended up regressing. Right now, I have a hard time believing Young will ever put together a season as good as Vick's second one (16 TDs, 8 INTs, 777 yds rushing, 8 rush TDs).

That was two years ago. Who gives a crap?

How do stories like this get past the editor anyway? I thought about quitting my job a year ago also. It's not exactly breaking news.

Not to be rude, but there is a difference between you and Vince Young in the popular world.

Vick has a stronger arm, but I don't see how you can definitively say that Young is more accurate. Neither is (was) accurate.

At this point in Michael Vick's career (after year two), he was a better player than Young and it's not that close. Of course, Vick's problem is that he never improved on his initial promise, and he ended up regressing. Right now, I have a hard time believing Young will ever put together a season as good as Vick's second one (16 TDs, 8 INTs, 777 yds rushing, 8 rush TDs).

Vick at his best was the man

but Young is yet to play with a real offense.

My point exactly.

Archived