Titans QB Vince Young Considered Retirement After '06

Irish Jet

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 TD's and 17 picks?

21 and 30 for his career?

Are you serious?

I'm a huge VY fan..but there's no way dude is top 10, or even 20 right now.

I understand that, but what he did his rookie season was unbelievable. Who the F*** does he have to throw too ? No one, they are all TERRIBLE. I won' take any receiver on that team and put them with the Jets, not one. They just refuse to give him help, they refuse. They took Chris Johnson with the 24th pick, a running back ? Are you serious right now. They never ever tried to help him at all and don't say Alge Crumpler is a major upgrade because it's not.

The Titans don't even have a good offensive line, most of them are old and banged up. Nothing needs to be said about this, If Young actually had a WR that is dependable and consistent then the sky is the limit.

Are you kidding me right now ? Vince Young is a Top 10 QB, I don't care what you say. He's a TOP 10 QB right now.

Okay you can live in your fantasy world, and your welcome to do so, but you're 100% completely WRONG. A guy who can't even throw more Touchdown's than Intereception's is not a Top 10 Quarterback.

Not in any order..

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Carson Palmer

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Philip Rivers

6. Drew Brees

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Matt Hasselbeck

9. Tony Romo

10. Marc Bulger

Others before Young: David Garrard, Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme and Derek Anderson.

You could argue that there are more better than your boy, Mr. I Rely On my RB's and Defense and I throw more INT's than TD's.

Offensive Lineman age? Are you kidding me? Thats all you've got? :lol: This is the NFL. It's better to be have experienced older veterans on the Offensive Line, people who have been to the playoffs and won significant games before, like Kevin Mawae.

His receivers? Yes, his interceptions were perfectly thrown balls that were batted up by his receivers. :lol: No **** sherlock he'd fair better with better targets, anyone would, but he'd still be a turnover machine. He's Michael Vick with more weight. Deal with it. Not a Quarterback, a runner. Someone who will never win an NFL championship.

Offensive Lineman age? Are you kidding me? Thats all you've got? :lol: This is the NFL. It's better to be have experienced older veterans on the Offensive Line, people who have been to the playoffs and won significant games before, like Kevin Mawae.

His receivers? Yes, his interceptions were perfectly thrown balls that were batted up by his receivers. :lol: No **** sherlock he'd fair better with better targets, anyone would, but he'd still be a turnover machine. He's Michael Vick with more weight. Deal with it. Not a Quarterback, a runner. Someone who will never win an NFL championship.

Yeah, your exactly right. His offensive line was very good, maybe because as a team they averaged 68 yards rushing a game. Let me guess, that's Vince Young's fault ? That's pathetic! I'm also not saying put a Chad Johnson or a Randy Moss on the damn team, I'm just saying give him a reciever that's dependable. His receivers blow, they can't do ****. The organization is not getting him help at all.

I can't see how you don't respect him at all, especially after his rookie season. He carried that team on his back, ALONE!

Now go ahead and give me one of your statistic post. I still think Vince Young is a Top 10-13 QB in this league, and I'll much rather have him than any QB on our team.

Yeah, your exactly right. His offensive line was very good, maybe because as a team they averaged 68 yards rushing a game. Let me guess, that's Vince Young's fault ? That's pathetic! I'm also not saying put a Chad Johnson or a Randy Moss on the damn team, I'm just saying give him a reciever that's dependable. His receivers blow, they can't do ****. The organization is not getting him help at all.

I can't see how you don't respect him at all, especially after his rookie season. He carried that team on his back, ALONE!

Now go ahead and give me one of your statistic post. I still think Vince Young is a Top 10-13 QB in this league, and I'll much rather have him than any QB on our team.

Care to explain where you get this from?

LenDale White 1110 yds

Chris Brown 462 yds

Chris Henry 119 yds

Seems to me they were getting over 100 yds on the ground without Vince Young's 400 yds.

Finished the year with just over 2100 rushing yards. That's 131 rushing yards per game. I wish our OL did such a crappy job as that last year.

C'mon. If he wasn't such a great college player, and certainly if he wasn't drafted 3rd in the country, no one would be cooing over him like this. Flip his draft slot and Garrard's and people would be calling Garrard #3 after Manning/Brady. And Young would be little more than Kyle Orton with scrambling/rushing ability.

However...Young's average completed pass play went for almost a full yard longer than Chad Pennington's though. Scary for the Jets if he's our QB again.

Ultimately, I haven't totally formulated my opinion of Young. The truth is he has very little to throw to at receiver (one year of Drew Bennett is the only "asset" they had at the position). To assume he would be some great passer otherwise is a giant leap. But to say he would be just as bad of a passer with even the legit tandem of #2's that the Jets have in Coles/Cotchery is equally silly. I still have no idea what their FO is thinking, giving someone who appears to have major passing issues an even bigger handicap by having no one to throw to. They've decided to "help" him by getting rid of Derrick Mason & Drew Bennett, signing David Givens and Bobby Wade and Eric Moulds, and then re-signing Justin McCareins. I would not classify that as giving him a lot of tools to work with.

He carried his team on his back? Are you freakin' serious? :lol:

This is what happens when people listen to all the hype machines on ESPN. The Titans, both his rookie and second year, were brought success due to a standout Defense led by a standout Line and their Running Attack .. Travis Henry in 2006 and LenDale White in 2007, added in with their reserves.

As Sperm posted above this, 131 yards a game in '07. Not too shabby huh?

That garbage Offensive Line led the Titans to 5TH in the NFL in rushing in 2006 and 2007. Man did that line just suck or what.

Oh and Young did his best Chad Pennington impersanation by leading his offense to an outstanding total of 6 points in the AFC Wild Card game. Outstanding.

How are these two posts for "cute little posts" High Schooler? :lol:

B..buu..buu...buuuuuttttt... Vince Young is awesome! ESPN told me so!!!!!

Michael Vick with a few extra lbs.

Care to explain where you get this from?

LenDale White 1110 yds

Chris Brown 462 yds

Chris Henry 119 yds

Seems to me they were getting over 100 yds on the ground without Vince Young's 400 yds.

Finished the year with just over 2100 rushing yards. That's 131 rushing yards per game. I wish our OL did such a crappy job as that last year.

C'mon. If he wasn't such a great college player, and certainly if he wasn't drafted 3rd in the country, no one would be cooing over him like this. Flip his draft slot and Garrard's and people would be calling Garrard #3 after Manning/Brady. And Young would be little more than Kyle Orton with scrambling/rushing ability.

However...Young's average completed pass play went for almost a full yard longer than Chad Pennington's though. Scary for the Jets if he's our QB again.

Ultimately, I haven't totally formulated my opinion of Young. The truth is he has very little to throw to at receiver (one year of Drew Bennett is the only "asset" they had at the position). To assume he would be some great passer otherwise is a giant leap. But to say he would be just as bad of a passer with even the legit tandem of #2's that the Jets have in Coles/Cotchery is equally silly. I still have no idea what their FO is thinking, giving someone who appears to have major passing issues an even bigger handicap by having no one to throw to. They've decided to "help" him by getting rid of Derrick Mason & Drew Bennett, signing David Givens and Bobby Wade and Eric Moulds, and then re-signing Justin McCareins. I would not classify that as giving him a lot of tools to work with.

I actually read that wrong, they gave up the amount of yards as a defense. But still, no defense is going to respect the Titans offense because they have no recivers and they don't have a stud runningback. All those recivers you named, I honestly won't take any on the Jets right now. They all blow, all of them. They never brought in some reciver that at least can be a bit of a threat. I'm not saying Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, or Reggie Wayne but maybe a player like Brandon Marashall or Donta Stallworth.

It's pathetic how he thinks Vince Young is terrible when he has nobody around him.

My fault again on that stat, it was a mistake.

He carried his team on his back? Are you freakin' serious? :lol:

This is what happens when people listen to all the hype machines on ESPN. The Titans, both his rookie and second year, were brought success due to a standout Defense led by a standout Line and their Running Attack .. Travis Henry in 2006 and LenDale White in 2007, added in with their reserves.

As Sperm posted above this, 131 yards a game in '07. Not too shabby huh?

That garbage Offensive Line led the Titans to 5TH in the NFL in rushing in 2006 and 2007. Man did that line just suck or what.

Oh and Young did his best Chad Pennington impersanation by leading his offense to an outstanding total of 6 points in the AFC Wild Card game. Outstanding.

How are these two posts for "cute little posts" High Schooler? :lol:

B..buu..buu...buuuuuttttt... Vince Young is awesome! ESPN told me so!!!!!

Michael Vick with a few extra lbs.

Alright, where the **** were the Jets at while Young was in the Wild Card game ? Tell me that. They were getting debated on about who will start between our two terrible quarterbacks.

This is the annual spring beat up Vince Young or Lendale White or whoever pisses off Troll and some other hard-headed posters the most and then the fall comes and the players get 1,000 yards, win rookie fo the year and make the playoffs and they all become quiet again until the following April or May when some incident at a bar or a dumb interview happens again and then all of a sudden there the worst again.

Alright, where the **** were the Jets at while Young was in the Wild Card game ? Tell me that. They were getting debated on about who will start between our two terrible quarterbacks.

Go get laid? My mistake, maybe you're still in Middle School. :lol:

And are you seriously that dumb? Where were the Jets? Well in 2006 the Jets were in the playoffs and the Titans were not.

In 2007? The Titans had a much better team, plain and simple and it still took them a gift from Tony Dungy in Week 17 to make the playoffs. Jim Sorgi? Seriously? The only thing the Jets had on the Titans in 2007 was a better receiving core. Are you freakin' serious? You're laughable.

I present you with cold hard FACTS and there you are just shrugging them off, beating your chest and being ignorant. You want to believe Young is so great? You're entitled to live in a fairy taled world. The facts do not lie. Yes Young made the playoffs once, and led the offense to an amazing 6 points, but he was not the main or near the main reason why those teams got in. The defense and the running game carried him and that has been proven in this thread.

Take your head out of Vick Jr.'s ass.

Go get laid? My mistake, maybe you're still in Middle School. :lol:

And are you seriously that dumb? Where were the Jets? Well in 2006 the Jets were in the playoffs and the Titans were not.

In 2007? The Titans had a much better team, plain and simple and it still took them a gift from Tony Dungy in Week 17 to make the playoffs. Jim Sorgi? Seriously? The only thing the Jets had on the Titans in 2007 was a better receiving core. Are you freakin' serious? You're laughable.

I present you with cold hard FACTS and there you are just shrugging them off, beating your chest and being ignorant. You want to believe Young is so great? You're entitled to live in a fairy taled world. The facts do not lie. Yes Young made the playoffs once, and led the offense to an amazing 6 points, but he was not the main or near the main reason why those teams got in. The defense and the running game carried him and that has been proven in this thread.

Take your head out of Vick Jr.'s ass.

I'm not saying Young is the best QB in the league nor am I saying he's a SB caliber QB. I got a little mad because you said Clemens is better than Young and I thought that was completely laughable. Clemens did nothing in his career for you to say that.

I could careless about Vince Young, I still rather have him than Clemens.

And just to let you know your only a year older than me.

I'm not saying Young is the best QB in the league nor am I saying he's a SB caliber QB. I got a little mad because you said Clemens is better than Young and I thought that was completely laughable. Clemens did nothing in his career for you to say that.

I could careless about Vince Young, I still rather have him than Clemens.

And just to let you know your only a year older than me.

Please show me where I said that Kellen Clemens is better than Vince Young. I never said that. All i said is I didn't want him on the team because we already have three proven Running Backs. I don't like him. Runners like him don't win championships. Never have and probably never will.

Ah, so you just turned 18? Congrats, I'll be 20 in a few weeks.;)

Please show me where I said that Kellen Clemens is better than Vince Young. I never said that. All i said is I didn't want him on the team because we already have three proven Running Backs. I don't like him. Runners like him don't win championships. Never have and probably never will.

Ah, so you just turned 18? Congrats, I'll be 20 in a few weeks.;)

I still think we can go further with Vince Young than Clemens right now.

But thankss. :biggrin:

This is the annual spring beat up Vince Young or Lendale White or whoever pisses off Troll and some other hard-headed posters the most and then the fall comes and the players get 1,000 yards, win rookie fo the year and make the playoffs and they all become quiet again until the following April or May when some incident at a bar or a dumb interview happens again and then all of a sudden there the worst again.

I never shut up about Vince Young and you know damn good and well that "his" Rookie of the Year award was one of the biggest jokes in league history. Maurice Jones-Drew got ****ed so hard, it would have made your namesake proud.

9 TDs, 17 picks last season. At least he has that ROTY award, though, right?

Correct.

However, we also didn't have the awesome offensive line and front seven that the Titans had. That makes it possible to win when your starting QB belongs in the Arena League.

I never shut up about Vince Young and you know damn good and well that "his" Rookie of the Year award was one of the biggest jokes in league history. Maurice Jones-Drew got ****ed so hard, it would have made your namesake proud.

9 TDs, 17 picks last season. At least he has that ROTY award, though, right?

Marques Colston too deserved it before Vince Young.

Correct.

However, we also didn't have the awesome offensive line and front seven that the Titans had. That makes it possible to win when your starting QB belongs in the Arena League.

When you have no supporting cast around you, you can't succeed, unless your name is Tom Brady of course.

Archived