Anyone else hear this news?

4HCrew

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw this on NFL Live last night. Schlerth had a good point. How can you fine the club for something the player does, He said, "This is the NFL, not a babysitting club". He went on to say that they would have to send someone to follow the players home.

might be an exageration but he has a point. If a player goes home to visit family for example and gets in trouble in his home town the team gets a fine? I don't know how that will go over with the union either, if there is in fact a union left.

saw this on NFL Live last night. Schlerth had a good point. How can you fine the club for something the player does, He said, "This is the NFL, not a babysitting club". He went on to say that they would have to send someone to follow the players home.

might be an exageration but he has a point. If a player goes home to visit family for example and gets in trouble in his home town the team gets a fine? I don't know how that will go over with the union either, if there is in fact a union left.

I agree with this also, we all know players have targets on their back. I think its a dumb rule and it needs to be challenged.

If you're going to take risks on players with criminal backgrounds than why not? The teams know what they are getting into from the get go and this will hopefully help players stay out of a little less trouble. I don't see how this is a bad rule at all. It should hopefully eliminate some bad apples. The player is representing the league and that player comes from a team and not only gives himself a bad name but as well his team and the league. For the money these players make the fines in my mind are too small.

If you're going to take risks on players with criminal backgrounds than why not? The teams know what they are getting into from the get go and this will hopefully help players stay out of a little less trouble. I don't see how this is a bad rule at all. It should hopefully eliminate some bad apples. The player is representing the league and that player comes from a team and not only gives himself a bad name but as well his team and the league. For the money these players make the fines in my mind are too small.

I could see if it was for repeat offenders, however some of these players get arrested for no reason or never get a conviction. I think Chris Chambers last year was 'arrested' for DUI and it turns out he wasn't even drunk, Benson was just arrested and that looks like its gonna get thrown out. Its a gray area, a jealous cop can pull you over and pretty much ruin your career.

How does the NFL justify this proposal? If a player is on his own time, he should be subject to the rules of society and national or local laws. Period. Under the current system, a player is actually penalized twice: once by law enforcement and then by the NFL. Now they want to add a third by punishing the team as well? All this tight a**ed corporate mind/body control goes away tomorrow if the players, led by a strong union, threatened to stop playing unless the league removed all this McCarthy-esque uber-legislation.

If you're convicted of the crime then that is when you should be punished. The NFL isn't going to just up and fine the player and the team without hearing the players side of the story and the legal process pan out.

You expect a pats fan to get all of the facts before making a comment? lol

Cheats fans don't need facts, they get all the information they need from "fuhrer" B. Bellicheat.
Yeah because Chris Henry is way worse for the NFL then 8 years of systematically cheating your way to 3 Super Bowls, way to clean up the league Rodger.

Kudos to you guys, more proof of how blind they are.

I remember the good old days of JN when it was possible to have a good old fashioned Patriots/Jets ribbing without anyone taking it personal...
Who's taking it personal, you???

Well you are the only one get bitch slapped, so I guess I understand. :baby:

wambulance5fw.jpg

I remember the good old days of JN when it was possible to have a good old fashioned Patriots/Jets ribbing without anyone taking it personal...

maybe it's time for you to move on to greener pastures. Or be put out to pasture. Whichever one takes less time.

maybe it's time for you to move on to greener pastures. Or be put out to pasture. Whichever one takes less time.

Just knowing how happy that it would make you and some of these other JI transplants prevents me from doing such a thing.

As soon as Tx was banned, it all went down hill from there. ;-)

No but seriously Alk the problem is all these 15 year olds finding out about the site and coming on here and just running their mouths about things they barely know about. They can't have a conversation, it has to be "PATRIOTS SUCK" and thats it. Thats the only logical thing in their minds.

So I'm just curious. Supposing that it wasn't the Patriots in the middle of this whole scandal and lets just say it was oh...lets say...the Jets. Do you honestly think any of you would act any differently?

So I'm just curious. Supposing that it wasn't the Patriots in the middle of this whole scandal and lets just say it was oh...lets say...the Jets. Do you honestly think any of you would act any differently?
You are ridiculous, yeah we all would join a Pats board and show how focking dumb, blind and ignorant we could be.

As soon as Tx was banned, it all went down hill from there. ;-)

No but seriously Alk the problem is all these 15 year olds finding out about the site and coming on here and just running their mouths about things they barely know about. They can't have a conversation, it has to be "PATRIOTS SUCK" and thats it. Thats the only logical thing in their minds.

Alk, Gonzo is that you???

You are ridiculous, yeah we all would join a Pats board and show how focking dumb, blind and ignorant we could be.

That's your first problem. Do you really think I joined this board to defend Belichick? I think even Arsis himself said that it's a good idea to lurk around here before you open your mouth. That way you at least know your a$$ from a hole in the ground or can pretend to anyway.

No, that's just a rational Jets fans. I know it's hard for you to recognize such a thing.
He thinks 124 is rational, WOW.

Talk about blind, well I guess his rational A$$ was not talking about me, I never said the patsies suck, I said they **CHEATED!!!** and their fans are full of sh*t!!!

You need to take your Jets dildo out of your arse, take off the Jets green colored sun glasses off and look at the rest of the league and the NFL. Alk is a respected member of this board, far more respected than you, and most members here who have pubic hair know that.

Spygate is OVER. Okay? O-V-E-R until, if it happens, there is new information released. So far, there hasn't been and Matt Walsh really didn't bring out anything amazingly different from what we already knew. Yes, they cheated, its over, but don't take your frustration out on respected Patriot fans who know what they're talking about. They're not here to run their mouths. They were invited here when this site began back in 2005 because they're smart and intellectual.

Archived