Girardi's going to kill Rivera's arm before the All-Star break.

Bob

****ing idiot. Joba needs more pitches, so he throws them in the pen instead of the game, while Mo tacks an inning on to the two he pitched the night before.

How the hell did this guy get a second managing job?

Heh, Bob you know and I had a disagreement of some sorts yesterday ;-), but I agree with Girardi being a f'ing moron for bringing in Rivera. If Joba's plan is to pitch 55 pitches, why are you yanking him after 23? Let him pitch the 9th and maybe his pitch count is up to 40-45 and you only have to have him pitch 10-15 simulated pitches (which is just f'ing retarded) in the pen. Made zero sense to me.

Heh, Bob you know and I had a disagreement of some sorts yesterday ;-), but I agree with Girardi being a f'ing moron for bringing in Rivera. If Joba's plan is to pitch 55 pitches, why are you yanking him after 23? Let him pitch the 9th and maybe his pitch count is up to 40-45 and you only have to have him pitch 10-15 simulated pitches (which is just f'ing retarded) in the pen. Made zero sense to me.
This is so ridiculous.

Carlos Zambrano threw 130 pitches tonight.

Channeling Dusty.

I swear to god if I lose Carlos in September when the playoffs are going on I'm going to be PISSED. I cannot believe he's going to get the loss. :puke:

Girardi used his closer in a save situation? What the hell is wrong with him.

Yeah great idea Bob. Let's get Joba on the job training and rest Mo. NOT. I am all for stretching Joba out but lets not push his limits with the game on the line.

The goal is to win. And that is what happened.

Girardi used his closer in a save situation? What the hell is wrong with him.

Yeah great idea Bob. Let's get Joba on the job training and rest Mo. NOT. I am all for stretching Joba out but lets not push his limits with the game on the line.

The goal is to win. And that is what happened.

Yeah. Because Joba has NO record of pitching well in late innings, right?

The pitching staff is becoming Girardized. We'll need a closer AND a setup man by August.

Meanwhile, two of the three young guns are now on the DL. That's some conditioning program.

Yeah. Because Joba has NO record of pitching well in late innings, right?

The pitching staff is becoming Girardized. We'll need a closer AND a setup man by August.

Meanwhile, two of the three young guns are now on the DL. That's some conditioning program.

Yes Phil Hughes had a pretty injury free start before Girardi came to town.

Right now Mariano is on pace to throw 67 innings. That would be his lowest total (injury free season) since the 90's.

Yeah Joe Girardi is really burning him out.

Yes Phil Hughes had a pretty injury free start before Girardi came to town.

Right now Mariano is on pace to throw 67 innings. That would be his lowest total (injury free season) since the 90's.

Yeah Joe Girardi is really burning him out.

I'm reminded of your "Herm Edwards will win the Super Bowl as HC of the NYJ" sig. You wouldn't listen then, either.

I'm reminded of your "Herm Edwards will win the Super Bowl as HC of the NYJ" sig. You wouldn't listen then, either.

Bob -- You can't win this point. Joe Girardi has not proven that he is a terrible manager. You want him to be because you predicted it. If you really feel that strongly about it you should add a statement to your signature stating that Girardi will never win the WS and MGR of the NYY.

And you win the point because the Yankees are in last place for the first time in Barton's life? Tell me how that works.

They have had 3 Hall Of Famers hurt. They are playing well right now.

Your point is that Joba should have thrown the 9th tonight and the greatest reliever of all time should have taken the night off. Sounds like a great idea.

And you win the point because the Yankees are in last place for the first time in Barton's life? Tell me how that works.

They have a better record at this point then they did last year, slick.

Your anti-Girardi agenda is getting old. You werent even willing to give him a clean slate before he managed a single game.

Same thing with Kellen Clemens.

They have a better record at this point then they did last year, slick.

Your anti-Girardi agenda is getting old. You werent even willing to give him a clean slate before he managed a single game.

Same thing with Kellen Clemens.

Is that pennington in you avatar?

I would've been fine with either decision. Either way, Joba got his pitches in. I would like them to be in in-game situations, but the big thing is building up his stamina and arm strength. But the one thing I do know is that Girardi is NOT burning out Rivera.

Correct, he has no record of pitching into a 3rd inning of relief.

2 games below .500 and with mo in the bullpen and the game on the line isn't the time to see how well Joba does in his 3rd inning of relief. If he leave joba in and joba loses the game Bob starts a thread on how Giradi sucks by leaving Joba in too long and losing the game. We would have to hear how he is giving Joba too many innings and is going to kill him.

As Max pointed out, Rivera is on pace to pitch 67 innings which would be the fewest he has pitched in the last 5 years.

In other words, give it a rest Bob. The Yankees are in last and the Devil Rays are in 1st, how long do you think that is going to last?

You know what? I need to concede a point, here. Mo's arm can't get worn out if we lose so many games that he hardly ever needs to pitch. That's why he's on pace for 67 innings. I didn't think of that.

He's going to be just fine. You guys were right.

You know what? I need to concede a point, here. Mo's arm can't get worn out if we lose so many games that he hardly ever needs to pitch. That's why he's on pace for 67 innings. I didn't think of that.

He's going to be just fine. You guys were right.

I wanted to see Joba pitch the 9th too, but thats only because I'm a fan.

As a manager, Girardi made the right decision. The Yankees had to win yesterdays game and Mo is the surest bet to close out a game. End of story.

I wanted Tony Pena. Bowa would have been OK, too, but he was never in the mix.

I did not want the curse of Mattingly.

Really? I guess I was misinformed on Family Man.

Tony Pena though? Seriously? I don't know about that one. I think this Yankee team struggles no matter who is manager right now.

Archived