Stone Temple Pilots

Brenjetsfan

I hope you're joking. These guys have produced hits, and more importantly great rock tunes, since their debut album Core in 1992. They would have been a bigger act if singer Scott Weiland had not discovered--and became a phenomenal devotee of--heroin. Every time they were set to tour in support of a new album, he'd wind up strung out and/or arrested for possession, then sent off to rehab. Here are some awesome tunes from various records:

Plush

Creep

Interstate Love Song

Vasoline

Lady Picture Show

Sour Girl

Sex Type Thing

Big Bang Baby

Wonderful

These guys go into the pantheon of great rock groups just for the opening chords/riff on Plush:

y2xNyxc5VWs

I hope you're joking. These guys have produced hits, and more importantly great rock tunes, since their debut album Core in 1992. They would have been a bigger act if singer Scott Weiland had not discovered--and became a phenomenal devotee of--heroin. Every time they were set to tour in support of a new album, he'd wind up strung out and/or arrested for possession, then sent off to rehab. Here are some awesome tunes from various records:

Plush

Creep

Interstate Love Song

Vasoline

Lady Picture Show

Sour Girl

Sex Type Thing

Big Bang Baby

Wonderful

These guys go into the pantheon of great rock groups just for the opening chords/riff on Plush:

y2xNyxc5VWs

Wow, that was veird. I just posted the same video. :lol:

Wonderful is a well written ballad. Put this on next time you and your wife/girlfriend/pet have a special moment. Nice side benefit is that we get to look at the gorgeous Elisha Cuthbert. Not for nothing, but doesn't the image of Cuthbert at 1:18 just take your breath away?

ks1yt6vicBk

My nephew graduated college so I am taking him Sat at the Arts center...I have near front row center so I will get some good pics for ya Alk....perhaps I may go back stage an get an autograph for you...who do u like the DRUMMER?? hahhahah

Boozer would say the lead guitar player!!!!:yahoo:

My nephew graduated college so I am taking him Sat at the Arts center...I have near front row center so I will get some good pics for ya Alk....perhaps I may go back stage an get an autograph for you...who do u like the DRUMMER?? hahhahah

Boozer would say the lead guitar player!!!!:yahoo:

Show a little love for the bassist. Bassists like me need love ;)

I wish them the best of luck with that lunatic/druggie/rehab skipping Scott Weiland. What a train wreck he is.

Drugs, what a wonderful thing. :shutit: I cannot stand that friggin' beret he wears. Kills me! UGH.

Before - HOT (relatively speaking, hey I was 24 yrs old ok!)

beforebx1.png

After - NOT (friggin skeleton of a mess)

afterbp8.png

So refresh my memory before I see them Saturday.....

What 1 hit wonder did they sing???

:dohslap:

FYI Bren...the two brothers in the band hail from Point Pleasant Beach, NJ!

Much prefer this cover over the original by Led Zep. Sorry!

yQRPM8Mm6RQ

Shame on you. STP does the song justice, but Zep>STP 7 days a week.

Oh right... and when's the last time you played a Led Zep song?:disgust:

Just to let you know that Dean DeLeo is a desciple of Jimmy Page and would put the Zeppelin version ahead of STP's. Plus, although I like Scott Weiland, his vocal "chops" are light years away from Plant's. Put into context, that song was on Houses of the Holy, which was released in 1973. Other than he is a genius, only God and Alistair Crowley know how Jimmy Page wrote that amazing riff and fused in that strange, eastern vibe way back then. I remember hearing that album at my guitar teacher's house that summer and just being floored by the tunes, especially Dancing Days, The Song Remains the Same, and The Ocean. All have timeless riffs, singing and solos. Check out how hard The Ocean rocks for that era. Definitely revisit that album someday.

eGSXM8yTbEA&feature=related

Oh right... and when's the last time you played a Led Zep song?:disgust:

About as often as you listen to Maiden of late, until you learned about the concert and bought us tickets.

:fighting0050:

Just to let you know that Dean DeLeo is a desciple of Jimmy Page and would put the Zeppelin version ahead of STP's. Plus, although I like Scott Weiland, his vocal "chops" are light years away from Plant's. Put into context, that song was on Houses of the Holy, which was released in 1973. Other than he is a genius, only God and Alistair Crowley know how Jimmy Page wrote that amazing riff and fused in that strange, eastern vibe way back then. I remember hearing that album at my guitar teacher's house that summer and just being floored by the tunes, especially Dancing Days, The Song Remains the Same, and The Ocean. All have timeless riffs, singing and solos. Check out how hard The Ocean rocks for that era. Definitely revisit that album someday.

eGSXM8yTbEA&feature=related

Houses of the Holy is my favorite album from Zeppelin. Favorite track from the album is The Rain Song, but they are all great tracks.

Archived