Detroit| Shaun Cody may be cut

hoping4ASuperBowl

Lions DT Shaun Cody, the No. 37 overall pick in the 2005 draft, is in danger of not making the team.

Cody has the tools to be an effective three technique, but has never been productive. He might've worked out better had he been drafted into a 3-4 and taught to play end. If cut, Cody would likely be snapped up quickly.

Source: MLive.com

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/06/scouting_report_shaun_cody.html

Hes finally healthy, if he gets cut I think we should definently bring him in, maybe he could switch around on the DL with Elllis.

one of the now very rare June 1 cuts. hmm, i like it

i was looking at his draft scout profile, yeah if he's out there i'd like to see Tanenbaum bring him in, he's gotta be better than DeVito and Kareem Brown.

he's 6'4" hovering in the 300lbs range, i deal for a 3-4, and lets face it, Millen has no idea how to draft, it's not surprising he would take a guy for the wrong system

the whole "square peg, round hole" deal

Bash me if you want but I sorta like Coleman. I think he played well last season.

i like coleman too, he was way better than Von Olhoffen. i think he's gonna be great now that he has a real NT next to him.

I'd bet anything Parcells would like to have K.C. in Miami, he did recommend K.C. to Tannenbaum

i like coleman too, he was way better than Von Olhoffen. i think he's gonna be great now that he has a real NT next to him.

I'd bet anything Parcells would like to have K.C. in Miami, he did recommend K.C. to Tannenbaum

With the few replies it has, I really think this is an excellent thread. I selected Broadway's post to respond to because it most agrees with my thoughts. I'll up him one. Not only did Coleman outplay Von Olhoffen, he was an excellent 3-4 DE.

No he didn't have 10 sacks, and he is not going to. He is a 3-4 DE not a 4-3 DE. Big difference. The guy had 90 tackles last year, with a weak 3-4 NT next to him.

I read a post last week, that I didn't bother to respond to, because the poster clearly didn't know what he was talking about that was said, to paraphrase "Don't talk about how many tackles Coleman had, they were all upfield, after he had been blow off the LOS". Total BS. Most of Colemans 90 tackles were at the LOS, or within a yard or two of it. This kid is the real deal. He holds the POA, and makes tackles.

He was betrayed by Thomas last season, who did nothing. That will change. Thomas, I hope, now gets it. He said " Either I do it this year or my Arse will be on the bench". He's got that right.

Parcells was always about "His People". IMO Mangini is the same way. He now has "His People" I think most Jets fans, not to mention the National media, are going to very surprised what "Mangini's People" are going to do this year

one of the now very rare June 1 cuts. hmm, i like it

i was looking at his draft scout profile, yeah if he's out there i'd like to see Tanenbaum bring him in, he's gotta be better than DeVito and Kareem Brown.

he's 6'4" hovering in the 300lbs range, i deal for a 3-4, and lets face it, Millen has no idea how to draft, it's not surprising he would take a guy for the wrong system

the whole "square peg, round hole" deal

At least he wasn't another WR. :biggrin:

With the few replies it has, I really think this is an excellent thread. I selected Broadway's post to respond to because it most agrees with my thoughts. I'll up him one. Not only did Coleman outplay Von Olhoffen, he was an excellent 3-4 DE.

No he didn't have 10 sacks, and he is not going to. He is a 3-4 DE not a 4-3 DE. Big difference. The guy had 90 tackles last year, with a weak 3-4 NT next to him.

I read a post last week, that I didn't bother to respond to, because the poster clearly didn't know what he was talking about that was said, to paraphrase "Don't talk about how many tackles Coleman had, they were all upfield, after he had been blow off the LOS". Total BS. Most of Colemans 90 tackles were at the LOS, or within a yard or two of it. This kid is the real deal. He holds the POA, and makes tackles.

He was betrayed by Thomas last season, who did nothing. That will change. Thomas, I hope, now gets it. He said " Either I do it this year or my Arse will be on the bench". He's got that right.

Parcells was always about "His People". IMO Mangini is the same way. He now has "His People" I think most Jets fans, not to mention the National media, are going to very surprised what "Mangini's People" are going to do this year

If Thomas doesn't "get it" by now he never will. The signs are clear and HE'S under the spotlight. Perform or else.

Lions DT Shaun Cody, the No. 37 overall pick in the 2005 draft, is in danger of not making the team.

Cody has the tools to be an effective three technique, but has never been productive. He might've worked out better had he been drafted into a 3-4 and taught to play end. If cut, Cody would likely be snapped up quickly.

Source: MLive.com

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/06/scouting_report_shaun_cody.html

Hes finally healthy, if he gets cut I think we should definently bring him in, maybe he could switch around on the DL with Elllis.

This would be a great guy to look at if they can get him at a reasonable rate. He could turn out to be a good depth guy at DE or even a starter at some point. With nobody really behind Ellis and Coleman, it would at least give them a rotation guy with upside. If they can bring him in for a relatively low amount I think it's a no-brainer.

Shaun Cody has better skills than Brown and Devito (not Mosely) but first off he's a 4-3 gap shooter not a 3-4 player. More importantly he has no heart, no drive, no killer instinct. to steal a line from "Rudy" If Shaun Cody had Mike Devito's heart he'd be an all american.

as it stands he just went from the 3rd team to the scout team.

get me another runner in there, do it again! :banned:

Shaun Cody has better skills than Brown and Devito (not Mosely) but first off he's a 4-3 gap shooter not a 3-4 player. More importantly he has no heart, no drive, no killer instinct. to steal a line from "Rudy" If Shaun Cody had Mike Devito's heart he'd be an all american.

as it stands he just went from the 3rd team to the scout team.

get me another runner in there, do it again! :banned:

Hey Bit, Shaun Cody was an All American. ;)

Archived