****Official Euro 2008 Thread****

BP

I do have a bias as I can't stand the Italians. They are floppers/divers of the highest order.

They are far from the worst when it comes to diving BTW. It happens absolutely everywhere too. I hate the way the English try to make out like they have nothing to with it and how they're too 'honest' for their own good when guys like Joe Cole are as bad as anyone when it comes to diving.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Italians may be floppers, but the French seem to be doing a pretty good job of dropping from any stiff breeze. Every time I watch this sport I feel like asking if these guys need a tissue.

Like I said, it's tough to criticise any individual country for it because just about everyone does it, it's a regular theme in the sport and it's why many can't stand it. The worst cases though that I've ever seen have been the Portugese.

LOL, crazy people.

Did you watch the game? They were doing it at the stadium. Now multiply that to 100,000 people in large sized cathedral piazza watching the game on a big screen. Yes, they are crazy. Just a little too spoiled to go too nuts in this round.

I think you have to respect Buffon for sticking with Juve when the got the penalty, even if they are cheating bastards. My wife is apparently a "Juvetina" so she's happy. Not a bad girlfriend either. I think I'll post her in the hot women thread.

Did you watch the game? They were doing it at the stadium. Now multiply that to 100,000 people in large sized cathedral piazza watching the game on a big screen. Yes, they are crazy. Just a little too spoiled to go too nuts in this round.

I think you have to respect Buffon for sticking with Juve when the got the penalty, even if they are cheating bastards. My wife is apparently a "Juvetina" so she's happy. Not a bad girlfriend either. I think I'll post her in the hot women thread.

LOL, please do.

I did watch it and noticed them chanting that at the game, pretty strange. I think it had something to do with them beating '7 nations' on their way to winning the WC.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Italy when on to win the whole thing now, it would be funny if they put out Holland in the semi's.

I agree with you on Buffon, it really was a true mark of loyalty from the likes of himself, Del Piero and Camoranesi to stay on and play in the lower leagues. I would have loved to see Buffon go to United primarily as a United fan, he is just such a truly great keeper. That penalty save will no doubt be one of the moments of the tournament.

Goalkeeper. This ain't Ice Hockey.;-)

And Yes, Buffon is the ****ing man. I wanted United to sign him so much when Juventus were relegated, happy enough with Edwin though.

Yeah, my mistake... lol...

Buffon is clutch though. The guy makes big save after big save. Without him, there would have been no way they would have won in 2006, and without him they wouldn't be playing another match this tournament.

Like I said, it's tough to criticise any individual country for it because just about everyone does it, it's a regular theme in the sport and it's why many can't stand it. The worst cases though that I've ever seen have been the Portugese.

I honestly don't get why people flop though. When I played when I was younger, when I got tripped up, I used to just jump right back up, and continue playing, I don't whine like everyone in this whole damn tournament.

LOL, please do.

I did watch it and noticed them chanting that at the game, pretty strange. I think it had something to do with them beating '7 nations' on their way to winning the WC.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Italy when on to win the whole thing now, it would be funny if they put out Holland in the semi's.

I agree with you on Buffon, it really was a true mark of loyalty from the likes of himself, Del Piero and Camoranesi to stay on and play in the lower leagues. I would have loved to see Buffon go to United primarily as a United fan, he is just such a truly great keeper. That penalty save will no doubt be one of the moments of the tournament.

It is from the World Cup, but they were doing it during all the games in '06 too. As for Juve, 52M euro does buy a lot of loyalty.

I honestly don't get why people flop though. When I played when I was younger, when I got tripped up, I used to just jump right back up, and continue playing, I don't whine like everyone in this whole damn tournament.

Because they want to convince the referee to give out cards as well as get the free kick.

True. Germany looking forward to this game.

Turkey seems like a team of destiny, however.

I hate to use stereotypes but Germany is a machine. They will crush those upstart Turks.

Croatia choked today.

What an amazing finish!

The crowd atmosphere at that game was the best yet, just awesome, for Croatia to believe

they had stolen it right at the end and to be jumping up and down and singing and clapping

and hugging the nearest person to them who they`d never met, to be completely euphoric,

and then to have it all cruelly taken away left hands on head, ashen faced and falling to the

ground, all in a matter of a minute and at the blink of an eye, a complete reversal of emotions

and what makes the game so special.

Brilliant:-)

What an amazing finish!

The crowd atmosphere at that game was the best yet, just awesome, for Croatia to believe

they had stolen it right at the end and to be jumping up and down and singing and clapping

and hugging the nearest person to them who they`d never met, to be completely euphoric,

and then to have it all cruelly taken away left hands on head, ashen faced and falling to the

ground, all in a matter of a minute and at the blink of an eye, a complete reversal of emotions

and what makes the game so special.

Brilliant:-)

Apart from a handful of Americans (Thor, #27, Mavrik) they have no idea what international sport is all about.

I will take an All Blacks Rugby World Cup win over anything the Patriots, Red Sox or Celtics have won.

Great game.

That was absolutely amazing, another great game. Germany should be looking forward to playing that decimated Turkey team though.

Is the Turkey/Germany game going to be played in Switzerland or Austria?

Either way the German fans are going to dominate.

argh I wish I could have seen this game. Have been packing up boxes all friggin day and I get a call tonight from a buddy who's going apeshi*t telling me about what happened. Luckily, I ot a chance to at least see the Turkey-Czech Rep game last weekend.

Looks like the Turks are pulling miracles out of their a$$. Hopefully the Germans will bring them back down to Earth.

Been a brilliant tournament so far but that was an incredibly boring 2nd half. Italy are playing Serie A type football. I hate the way the BBC studio are so surprised to see the Italians use these tactics, that is Italian football.

I just turned the game back on and was greeted by an Italian rolling around on the field like he was shot. The replay showed he wasn't even touched.

I can't stand the Italians and their crappy antics.

A Spaniard just tried to take a dive (following the Italian lead) and was given a yellow card.

What's up with that?

He wasn't touched. He laid on the floor for over 45 seconds then got up crying like a bitch that he should have gotten a foul.

Besides Spain doesn't understand calciopoli or maybe they'd have some refs in their pocket.

Oops. There goes another one!

He wasn't touched. He laid on the floor for over 45 seconds then got up crying like a bitch that he should have gotten a foul.

Besides Spain doesn't understand calciopoli or maybe they'd have some refs in their pocket.

Oops. There goes another one!

This game is up for grabs. I'm very disappointed by the Spaniards behaviour.

This game is up for grabs. I'm very disappointed by the Spaniards behaviour.

Usually overtime games are exciting.

I only watch Italian soccer. Do you mean to tell me there are actually games where guys don't flop and roll around for 20 minutes on the floor trying to draw a yellow card? The French sure seemed practiced in the art.

On that note, the announcer actually just screamed out "BRAVISSIMI ARBITRO!"

Usually overtime games are exciting.

Do you mean to tell me there are actually games where guys don't flop and roll around for 20 minutes on the floor trying to draw a yellow card?

I'm trying to tell you that the Italians have made an art form out of that.

Take a look at the 2:10 mark of this video. Was that a foul or a dive?

wicGKbufDzk

Archived