Coco Crisp aka Bush Leaguer

LiLMiCKMANTLE

Are you trying to divert attention from the Yankees or do you have a serious complaint? A hard slide into second? I suppose if the Devil Rays (who during the spring did much worse) don't want people sliding hard into second anymore then we should just play two hand touch in the NFL. Come on. The hard slide doesn't happen if Bartlett doesn't have his knee straddling second base earlier in the game. It's a non-issue.

Are you trying to divert attention from the Yankees or do you have a serious complaint? A hard slide into second? I suppose if the Devil Rays (who during the spring did much worse) don't want people sliding hard into second anymore then we should just play two hand touch in the NFL. Come on. The hard slide doesn't happen if Bartlett doesn't have his knee straddling second base earlier in the game. It's a non-issue.

yea but a hard slide like that one when your trying to steal a base with a 4 run lead in the bottom of the 8th is bush.. maybe if it was a one run game and he is tryin to break up a double play it would be exceptible but not in this case

I saw the play. Crisp was out of line in this case and there's no place in the game for that. It was a late late slide. However, as compared to the Duncan slide, it wasn't as bad as Duncan came in with spikes up.

yea but a hard slide like that one when your trying to steal a base with a 4 run lead in the bottom of the 8th is bush.. maybe if it was a one run game and he is tryin to break up a double play it would be exceptible but not in this case

The slide did go too far, but he was right to be pissed at Bartlett. Unfortunately, Akimura ended up being the target.

Shields just hit Coco in the leg and Coco charged the mound. He took a pretty good beating as there were 4 Rays on him. I'm sure you will see the highlights on SportsCenter.

Coco Crisp expected there might be some payback after Wednesday night's controversial slides into second base. So, when Tampa Bay starter James Shields hit Crisp with a pitch in the second inning, it first appeared Crisp might just go to first base. Instead, Crisp dropped his bat, flipped his helmet and charged the mound. He dodged Shields's punch and then hit Shields before being taken down by catcher Dioner Navarro. Tampa DH Jonny Gomes got in a few shots on Crisp as both dugouts emptied and jumped into the fray. When it was sorted out, Crisp and Shields were ejected. Righthander Grant Balfour took over on the mound for Tampa Bay.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/06/red_soxrays_gam.html

I hated what Duncan did to Iwamura during spring, I personally though we just should have threw at somebody in the back or something, and that should be the end of it, instead Duncan took it into his own hands to get back at Tampa.

I also didn't like what Crisp did, I honestly don't like sliding hard into a 2nd baseman, or shortstop is right, he's not a catcher. If Shelley Duncan got suspended, why is this guy Crisp not going to be suspended, with how bad he is, you figure Boston fans would want him to get suspended, it would be for the better.

I'd say cut him, but then he'd get his money and someone else would still sign him. I say he "mysteriously" has a season ending injury from this whole ordeal, and maybe he'll just disappear.

No room for that kind of play in baseball, no matter what team your on

i cant believe no one brought this up yet.. he came pretty close to ending Iwamura career lastnight with that piece of **** slide..

why is that boston seems to always have dushbags playing for them??

Just curious....whats a dushbag? Is it like a dirt devil? :roll:

At first site I honestly thought Crisps was much worse than Shelleys..

Carl- you are an unbelievable homer.

If you thought that was worse than Shelley's spikes up slide, then you are the homer.

There's no place for either one of them in baseball.

At first site I honestly thought Crisps was much worse than Shelleys..

Carl- you are an unbelievable homer.

Haha. I didn't even see it. I was just stirring the pot. I figured it couldn't have been that bad since there was no on field fight or anything. Plus the Penguins had just lost, I was in a dark place. :)

Oh and Jonny Gomes and Carl Crawford should both be suspended for at least 5 games. What a bunch of sissies. Pulling a grown man's hair (Crawford) or trying to get in some sucker punches while a guy is already on the ground with someone on top of him (Gomes).

Oh and Jonny Gomes and Carl Crawford should both be suspended for at least 5 games. What a bunch of sissies. Pulling a grown man's hair (Crawford) or trying to get in some sucker punches while a guy is already on the ground with someone on top of him (Gomes).

maybe coco shouldnt have charged the mound then he wouldnt ever had both guys on him.. he deserves he hair to be pull for being so ugly. First time i seen a guy charge the mount and not throw one punch.(gotta admit that was a sweet dodge punch that shields threw at him.

when he went into imawura it made imawaru defensless against the slide so crawford and gomes did the same to him and like what coco said its even now.

maybe coco shouldnt have charged the mound then he wouldnt ever had both guys on him.. he deserves he hair to be pull for being so ugly. First time i seen a guy charge the mount and not throw one punch.(gotta admit that was a sweet dodge punch that shields threw at him.

when he went into imawura it made imawaru defensless against the slide so crawford and gomes did the same to him and like what coco said its even now.

I don't even know where to start. But you obviously missed that Coco sorta landed a punch after ducking Shields' punch. I wouldn't mess with Coco. He went 17-0 as an amateur boxer.

And no one deserves their hair to be pulled. That's a sissy move.

Matsui IS ugly. No way around that.

Doesn't change the fact that Crisp is a cheapshot c0cksucker. If he doesn't get at least a five-game suspension, the league is more crooked than I thought.

I'm still waiting for the day that a batter brings the bat out to the mound with him and starts taking swings at the pitchers face and or arm.

Until then, Crisp got what he deserved -- being gang raped by three Rays.

And why not pull his hair? Who cares if its a "sissy" move? Whatever helps you win the fight is all that matters. Winning.

Matsui IS ugly. No way around that.

Doesn't change the fact that Crisp is a cheapshot c0cksucker. If he doesn't get at least a five-game suspension, the league is more crooked than I thought.

Yeah, the whole thing could have been easily avoided. This whole thing is on Coco. I'm sure he'll get at least 5 games. What's funny is, when he was jawing with Maddon the day before, he was saying that it was on him. If the Rays wanted to retaliate, make sure they do against him. And then he goes and rushes the mound.

Coco, Crawford, Gomes, Iwamura and maybe Casey are going to get suspended.

That fight sort of reminded me of the fight with Sturtze....a couple of players teaming up on him all while the Big Gorilla was kicking him while he was being mugged on the ground

THe Sawx get what they deserve

The fact that Crisp charged the mound after getting hit in the leg should at least earn him 5 games for being stupid.

You don't charge the mound when you get hit in the leg. If it is around your head then I can see it but in Crisp's case he was just being hot headed.

He got what he deserved and hopefully MLB comes down hard on him.

I don't even know where to start. But you obviously missed that Coco sorta landed a punch after ducking Shields' punch. I wouldn't mess with Coco. He went 17-0 as an amateur boxer.

And no one deserves their hair to be pulled. That's a sissy move.

im sorry, lol i didnt see that one punch that barely landed into the back of shields head which was pretty much a love tap. all im saying he he doesnt want hes hair to be pulled then dont have it that long. i think he shouldve charged at all so liek is aid before he deserves what he got

Crisp has no one to blame but himself....his slide the other nite was much worse than the bag block he took exception to. 6 game suspension minimum.

That said, the dude was pinned to the ground and people started throwing punches to his head and scratching his face and pulling his hair. I loathe to say this - but they were fighting like girls. :P

Crisp has no one to blame but himself....his slide the other nite was much worse than the bag block he took exception to. 6 game suspension minimum.

That said, the dude was pinned to the ground and people started throwing punches to his head and scratching his face and pulling his hair. I loathe to say this - but they were fighting like girls. :P

Thats exactly what Coco said after the game.

Why exactly did Lester and Iwamura get suspended? Seriously

What's up with Lester? I didn't even see him during the brawl. Iwamura was throwing punches when Crisp was on the bottom of the pile. It was pretty obvious.

Here is the official word:

Major League Baseball handed out suspensions today for last night’s brawl between the Red Sox and Rays at Fenway Park, penalizing a total of eight players, three of them Red Sox.

Outfielder Coco Crisp got the longest, a 7-game suspension. Jon Lester got 5 games, and Sean Casey 3 games.

For Tampa Bay, James Shields got 6 games, Jonny Gomes 5 games, Edwin Jackson 5 games, Carl Crawford 4 games, and Akinori Iwamura 3 games

Barring an appeal, the suspensions will be staggered. The suspensions for Crisp, Shields, Gomes, and Lester are slated to begin tonight (again, barring appeals). Crawford’s would begin June 11, Jackson’s June 13, Casey’s June 14, and Iwamura’s June 17.

When told that he was suspended this afternoon, Crisp claimed he did not know he had been penalized.

"No clue what I'm going to do,” Crisp said when asked if he planned to appeal.

Asked if he was interested in hearing which Rays players were suspended, Crisp said "No, not really, doesn't matter to me."

Was Crisp surprised he was suspended?

"Everybody gets suspended when they charge the mound," he said.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

Why are the suspensions staggered?

What's up with Lester? I didn't even see him during the brawl. Iwamura was throwing punches when Crisp was on the bottom of the pile. It was pretty obvious.

No I dont get Lester at all, but I did miss Iwamura somehow. I guess I was too busy watching Gomes throw those jabs lol.

Archived