Ratliff threw the longest pass of the day today

jetsrule128

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ratliff threw the longest pass of the day, a perfect spiral that traveled just over 50 yards, barely overshooting Paul Raymond. For practing, always, with the third team, Ratliff has done ok. The guy does have an arm.

Maybe he should enter the punt pass and kick competition.

This kids been on my radar for quite some time. He has all the tools required to be a succesful NFL QB.

I like the kid too. I'd LOVE to see a totally open competition and give the kid a legit chance to start. That would be sweet, to have our own "late round QB makes good" to talk about.

What makes Clemens any better than Ratliff.........this oughta be a good one.

i don't get it either. I have heard nothing but praise for Ratliff and am hoping he finds a roster spot. The only way that could happen is if Penny gets cut.

there is no way they don't sign Ainge and Ratliff might get scooped up if he rides our practice squad again. The packers are doing it with two rookies behind an unkown, i think the jets will have to consider the same situation.

good news now cut Chad AND we have a spot for him

plus we'd save 7 mil on the cap! Ratliff can throw the ball. If he develops "touch' he could be something good for us. I still would love to see Kellen get a real shot at the job with the first team and no CHAD hanging around. If he falls, we try someone else until we get it right! We know what CHAD is and ever will be. Time for us to move on.

plus we'd save 7 mil on the cap! Ratliff can throw the ball. If he develops "touch' he could be something good for us. I still would love to see Kellen get a real shot at the job with the first team and no CHAD hanging around. If he falls, we try someone else until we get it right! We know what CHAD is and ever will be. Time for us to move on.

Kellen got a shot with the first team and he blew it on all aspects of the game.Many want to blame the offensive line situation and that only goes so far.He basically failed as I see things and Mangini obviously felt the same way.

Ratliff Id like to see him get more reps before any decision is made.

Kellen got a shot with the first team and he blew it on all aspects of the game.Many want to blame the offensive line situation and that only goes so far.He basically failed as I see things and Mangini obviously felt the same way.

Ratliff Id like to see him get more reps before any decision is made.

Once again we have another fan who is quick to judgement. You're right, the Offensive Line sucked and you can take that as far as you want to when the line performed as poorly as it did. The kid had EIGHT NFL starts. EIGHT. You cannot judge a Quarterback off of eight starts behind a poor Offensive Line and for a few of those games without his number one receiver.

Kellen Clemens was also 3-5 as the starting Quarterback last year, two wins better than the "veteran leader" Chad Pennington. He was able to orchestrate game tying and game winning drives at the end of regulation and in overtime, something we havn't seen from Chad Pennington since god knows when.

Obviously Mangini feels the same? Obviously he doesn't feel the same as you and thank god he doesn't. If Mangini and the coaching staff felt Clemens wasn't good enough to be a starting Quarterback in the NFL there would've been better competition in here than Erik Ainge. They keep Pennington around because he is a veteran prescense and obviously the organization wants to give their $64 million investment one last chance.

Do not give this garbage that Clemens proved he isn't capable of becoming a good starting Quarterback and that Mangini feels that way. That is complete nonsense.

Brett Ratliff? Are you kidding me? Wasn't he an Undrafted Free Agent out of freakin' Utah? Seriously? Brett Ratliff? There's a reason Marques Tuiassasopo beat him out for a roster spot last year and Erik Ainge will have a spot over him on the roster this season.

Get real.

Once again we have another fan who is quick to judgement. You're right, the Offensive Line sucked and you can take that as far as you want to when the line performed as poorly as it did. The kid had EIGHT NFL starts. EIGHT. You cannot judge a Quarterback off of eight starts behind a poor Offensive Line and for a few of those games without his number one receiver.

Kellen Clemens was also 3-5 as the starting Quarterback last year, two wins better than the "veteran leader" Chad Pennington. He was able to orchestrate game tying and game winning drives at the end of regulation and in overtime, something we havn't seen from Chad Pennington since god knows when.

Obviously Mangini feels the same? Obviously he doesn't feel the same as you and thank god he doesn't. If Mangini and the coaching staff felt Clemens wasn't good enough to be a starting Quarterback in the NFL there would've been better competition in here than Erik Ainge. They keep Pennington around because he is a veteran prescense and obviously the organization wants to give their $64 million investment one last chance.

Do not give this garbage that Clemens proved he isn't capable of becoming a good starting Quarterback and that Mangini feels that way. That is complete nonsense.

Brett Ratliff? Are you kidding me? Wasn't he an Undrafted Free Agent out of freakin' Utah? Seriously? Brett Ratliff? There's a reason Marques Tuiassasopo beat him out for a roster spot last year and Erik Ainge will have a spot over him on the roster this season.

Get real.

:rl::rl:

see i just never bring myself to worry about the QB situation...i think whoever starts is the best man for the job period

Get real.

Judgement and PROOF from what I saw on the field.3-5 WHO did he beat??????

Marques beat him out because Ratliff was a rookie and the NYJETS brass wanted a veteran back up not a rookie.Nothing more.

Kellen Clemens FAILED miserably in all aspects of the game and besides what do the NYJETS have invested in him? Im sure Ainge or Ratliff could go 3-5 easily.

Utah????? I say Oregon????????????

They already had a veteran in house in Chad Pennington, so do not give me the veteran argument as it does not work in this case.

Pennington: 1-7

Clemens: 3-5

Pennington: Miami

Clemens: Miami, PITTSBURGH (playoff team) and Kansas City (better than Miami)

Oregon - Pac 10

Utah - What are they in again? Please remind me? Northcoast Eastern Division?

Don't make this a Tom Brady situation. Tom Brady attended Michigan and was actually drafted. Brett Ratliff is a complete joke. A practice squad guy. Get real man. Lay off the sauce.

Just because Kellen Clemens had 10 interceptions as a rookie starter, 7 in his 8 starts where he played more than one series (less than 1 per game isn't too bad for a rookie with a terrible line, no running game and for the most part either a 50% healthy or OUT #1 receiver).

Two late in the game at home vs Buffalo when the game was already over, thanks to Pennington and the defense, and one on the first pass play against New England in which he was knocked out of the game. The interception thing for Clemens can be easily disputed.

They already had a veteran in house in Chad Pennington, so do not give me the veteran argument as it does not work in this case.

Pennington: 1-7

Clemens: 3-5

Pennington: Miami

Clemens: Miami, PITTSBURGH (playoff team) and Kansas City (better than Miami)

Oregon - Pac 10

Utah - What are they in again? Please remind me? Northcoast Eastern Division?

Don't make this a Tom Brady situation. Tom Brady attended Michigan and was actually drafted. Brett Ratliff is a complete joke. A practice squad guy. Get real man. Lay off the sauce.

Just because Kellen Clemens had 10 interceptions as a rookie, 7 in his 8 starts where he played more than one series (less than 1 per game isn't too bad for a rookie).

Two late in the game at home vs Buffalo when the game was already over, thanks to Pennington and the defense, and one on the first pass play against New England in which he was knocked out of the game. The interception thing for Clemens can be easily disputed.

No dude you put down the crackpipe.Im sick and tired of the NYJETS putting an imposter QB on the field season after season.Chad Pennington is an injured veteran and you were saying........... he beat WHO? You consider Miami a legitimate win????????

Clemens is a has been that never was and never will be!

That is your opinion after a season in which he started eight games in a horrible situation. You're just too fast to judge a Quarterback. Once again, thank god you are not on a coaching staff or else Troy Aikman wouldn't have been in Dallas, Peyton Manning wouldn't be in Indianapolis, Eli Manning wouldn't be in New York and Tom Brady wouldn't be in New England.

Maybe he'll bust and maybe he'll boom, but you cannot judge a Quarteback after EIGHT freakin' games. Unbelieveable that a fan of a franchise whose best Quarterback through more Interceptions than ****ing Touchdowns reacts.

That is your opinion after a season in which he started eight games in a horrible situation. You're just too fast to judge a Quarterback. Once again, thank god you are not on a coaching staff or else Troy Aikman wouldn't have been in Dallas, Peyton Manning wouldn't be in Indianapolis, Eli Manning wouldn't be in New York and Tom Brady wouldn't be in New England.

Maybe he'll bust and maybe he'll boom, but you cannot judge a Quarteback after EIGHT freakin' games. Unbelieveable that a fan of a franchise whose best Quarterback through more Interceptions than ****ing Touchdowns reacts.

I can react any way I want to.Ive seen enough of this underachiever and what round was he drafted in.Im a fan who wants to WIN not just exist.Kellen Clemens is not the answer learn it like it live it.He reminds me of Glenn Foley need I say more.DAMMIT

Well you can act like you'd like, but you over-react and are quick to judge. You cannot have a concret observation with eight career starts under his belt, and only two seasons. Like I said, if you were in Indianapolis in 1998, Peyton Manning would be elsewhere. :eek:

Quick to judge is never a good thing. Especially when evaluating a Quarterback.

And an underachiever? Tell me, what he was he supposed to do in 2006? Beat out Pennington as a rookie? Pennington? The ultimate practice player and the organizations darling precious jewel? Seriously? And then what in 2007? Play like Joe Montana behind no line, no running game and practically no security blanket at receiver?

In 2008 the NYJETS do not have a true #1 WR will that be the new Clemens EXCUSE.

This guy wasnt drafted to be the franchise QB no way no how uh uh sorry.

Really? So second round draft picks are drafted to be back-ups? If thats the case, I think Tangini needs to go, don't you?

Laveranues Coles is a lower-tier #1 receiver, and if healthy he will be there for Clemens, along with Cotchery. Cotchery cannot do it by himself with Brad "Drops" Smith, which is what it was for the majority of Clemens' starts with a banged up or OUT Coles.

Really? So second round draft picks are drafted to be back-ups? If thats the case, I think Tangini needs to go, don't you?

Laveranues Coles is a lower-tier #1 receiver, and if healthy he will be there for Clemens, along with Cotchery. Cotchery cannot do it by himself with Brad "Drops" Smith, which is what it was for the majority of Clemens' starts with a banged up or OUT Coles.

Lower-tier LOL LMFAO LOL wanna sleep in a lower tier bunk bed how about buying a seat in the lower tiers? i think you mean TEARS when Clemens is no longer a NYJET.

Lower-tier LOL LMFAO LOL wanna sleep in a lower tier bunk bed how about buying a seat in the lower tiers? i think you mean TEARS when Clemens is no longer a NYJET.

Hey, actually I do own and pay fully for my two seats in the Lower Tier. Imagine that. :yawn:

Keep dreaming about Practice Squad Ratliff. :rl:

Archived