Ratliff threw the longest pass of the day today

jetsrule128

drago The "know it alls" dont like Ratliff so they choose to debate and attack.Dont take it personal I dont I take it from the source.

It's not that I don't like Ratliff. I just don't think he will ever play a regular season down for the New York Jets, pretty simple.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, as IJ said, its not that I don't like Ratliff, I just find it funny that you're ready to proclaim that he could be the next great starting Quarterback in this league, yet you want to throw away Kellen Clemens after eight regular season starts on a horrible 2007 squad. That is why this little debate began.

If the guy does become something, it will be elsewhere. The Jets drafted Ainge for a reason when they could've just kept Ratliff as the 3. That should tell you something. Best case scenario for him in 2008, in terms of remaining on the Jets, is being on the Practice Squad.

Yeah, you can believe this guy who believes if a QB doesn't play like Joe Montana or Johnny U in his first 8 games, he's garbage. If 5180 was in Indianapolis before the 1999 season, I wonder where Peyton Manning would be playing right now. :rl:

Oh so now you think Kellen Clemens is the next PEYTON MANNING...................................

LMFAO LOL LOL LMFAO LOL LOL DYIN OVA HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude put down the crackpipe,get out of the basement once in awhile your brain is slowly deteriorating its quite obvious.

Oh so now you think Kellen Clemens is the next PEYTON MANNING...................................

Dude put down the crackpipe,get out of the basement once in awhile your brain is slowly deteriorating its quite obvious.

Please tell me where I ever said that Kellen Clemens is the next Peyton Manning. You are making yourself look like a complete joke. All I was saying was that you are quick to judge and would've canned Manning if you were Indy's GM / Owner after his horrific 1998 performance on a horrific team.

LEARN HOW TO READ.

HOOKED ON PHONICS DOES WORK!!! Do not be afraid to use it.

You cannot be freakin' serious.

Great quality of post, as always.:confused0058:

Great quality of post, as always.:confused0058:

He doesn't even understand English.

Earlier I made a point that he is ridiculous for expecting any QB to be Joe Montana after eight games on a garbage team and he took it as me believing Kellen Clemens is the second coming of Joe Montana.

Bahahahahahahahahaha.

Answer me this you Kellen Clemens jock sniffers. What did he do in college that was so great that even gives a glimmer of hope that he will be a decent NFL QB. And based on his performance last year what did he do that was so exceptional in his 3-5 tenure. 1 win against the Miami Dolphins.

So you'll bring up the point that he had one win against Miami, but you'll completely ignore his victory against a PLAYOFF team (Pittsburgh)? Talk about only trying to find things that fit your argument.

College stats? Seriously? We're going to bring up College? Since when did college stats have anything to do with how you fair in the pro's. But since you brought it up...

What did Brett Ratliff do at UTAH that excited you about his NFL chances? How many freakin UTAH games did you see after the great Alex Smith was drafted?

Answer me this you Kellen Clemens jock sniffers. What did he do in college that was so great that even gives a glimmer of hope that he will be a decent NFL QB. And based on his performance last year what did he do that was so exceptional in his 3-5 tenure. 1 win against the Miami Dolphins.

First off, I'm not a 'Kellen Clemens Jock sniffer'.

Secondly. Answer me this. What has Brett Ratliff done in college that was so great that even gives a glimmer of hope that he will be a decent NFL QB?

But hey, lets take a look shall we?

Kellen Clemens -- Pac 10 Football

Junior year

223-372 (59.9%), 22 TD, 10 INT, 2548 yds, 131.6 QBRating

Senior year

185-289 (64%), 19 TD, 4 INT, 2406 yds, 152.9 QBRating

Brett Ratliff - Utah

Only started his senior year

228-391 (58.3%), 23 TD, 9 INT, 2796 yards, No QBRating available -- I welcome you to find it.

Clemens, playing in a tougher conference (and both have strong arms so they weren't dinking and dunking like Chad) had a higher completion percentage, better QB rating (you can tell), and in his senior year, until he was injuried, outplayed Ratliff. He was a 1st round pick until his leg injury. -- Clemens that is.

Ratliff also played in the famous Utah "FIVE WIDE" that was still used after Urban Meyer bolted to Florida. A little easier to throw in the shotgun 95% of the time with five receivers most of the time. Eh?

I asked you first provide me with Kellen Clemens accomplishments in the NCAA. What did he do to give you a thought he will reach NFL stardom.

He was a mediocre QB who did nothing excpetional and failed miserably in his NFL tenure.

Can you say Browning Nagle or how about Glenn Foley.

You mentioned Peyton Manning did Kellen Clemens come from a QB rich family like Manning did????????? If so i missed something.

If you are going to argue and debate with me at least bring something to the fight!!!!

I asked you first provide me with Kellen Clemens accomplishments in the NCAA. What did he do to give you a thought he will reach NFL stardom.

He was a mediocre QB who did nothing excpetional and failed miserably in his NFL tenure.

You mentioned Peyton Manning did Kellen Clemens come from a QB rich family like Manning did????????? If so i missed something.

If you are going to argue and debate with me at least bring something to the fight!!!!

Are you serious? What the **** is your deal man? You can't even read. I did not compare Peyton Manning and Kellen Clemens. Not once. I made a correct assesment that if you were in Indianapolis as GM or Owner after the '98 season, you would've released Manning beacuse he played like **** in 1998. Kellen Clemens played worse than expected in 2007, in eight games, on a horrible team, and you want him gone.

Your main argument is you believe Clemens is garbage because he didn't shine in 2007 in his entire long history of eight starts on a **** team.

Does Peyton Manning coming from a rich QB family mean anything? No. Before Peyton, it was Archie and thats it. Now that Peyton and Eli have panned out, NOW it is a QB rich family. It wasn't in 1998 as Peyton then was just hype. Cooper, his older brother, was a receiver, not a Quarterback.

You continue to argue and get mad, but you can't understand the simple language we've all agreed upon in this country (sorry drago). I say you're a fool for expecting anyone to be great, like Montana or Manning or Unitas, after eight games, and you take as me comparing Clemens to either, which I clearly was not doing.

You continue to bash Clemens, when he out played Ratliff for a roster spot in 2007, and also outplayed him in college, with better stats, in a better conference, in a more running back friendly offense.

Give it up already. This is an argument that you CANNOT win.

He showed you what KC done in College.

His 'NFL tenure' has been 8 games. It's ridiculous to have ruled him out already.

What the Hell does Peyton Manning and his family have to do with anything?

Are you serious? What the **** is your deal man? You can't even read. I did not compare Peyton Manning and Kellen Clemens. Not once. I made a correct assesment that if you were in Indianapolis as GM or Owner after the '98 season, you would've released Manning beacuse he played like **** in 1998. Kellen Clemens played worse than expected in 2007, in eight games, on a horrible team, and you want him gone.

Your main argument is you believe Clemens is garbage because he didn't shine in 2007 in his entire long history of eight starts on a **** team.

Does Peyton Manning coming from a rich QB family mean anything? No. Before Peyton, it was Archie and thats it. Now that Peyton and Eli have panned out, NOW it is a QB rich family. It wasn't in 1998 as Peyton then was just hype. Cooper, his older brother, was a receiver, not a Quarterback.

You continue to argue and get mad, but you can't understand the simple language we've all agreed upon in this country (sorry drago). I say you're a fool for expecting anyone to be great, like Montana or Manning or Unitas, after eight games, and you take as me comparing Clemens to either, which I clearly was not doing.

You continue to bash Clemens, when he out played Ratliff for a roster spot in 2006 and 2007, and also outplayed him in college, with better stats, in a better conference, in a more running back friendly offense.

Give it up already. This is an argument that you CANNOT win.

Every arguement he gets into he CANNOT win. This includes arguements with animals, plants and objects.

What the Hell does Peyton Manning and his family have to do with anything?

Nothing, except 5180 would've booted Manning out of Indy after 1998 because you know, he had a full season and he didn't live up to his personal expectations.

Oh wait, but 124 thinks Clemens is the next Manning. :rl:

I ask myself the same question about you. A lounge lizard room lurker troll like you should be tarred and feathered.

Excuse me? You're fighting another losing fight, dude. And it has nothing to do with your argument, it's the fact that you can't keep a civilized discussion. You should just give up in this thread before another mod makes you, like last time.

Back to my point and Dom's point...I could see Ratliff grabbing the 3rd QB spot this season and having Ainge IRed so he can learn the system without the possibility of him getting thrown to the wolves. If that happens then Chad would stay, if Ainge is healthy enough to play (which i assume he could be), Chad might be on the way out.

Although it would be pretty frightening to have Ratliff or Ainge as a back up to an unknown starter. But hey, lets face it, we've had worse for a good 6 years now (thanks chad).

Excuse me? You're fighting another losing fight, dude. And it has nothing to do with your argument, it's the fact that you can't keep a civilized discussion. You should just give up in this thread before another mod makes you, like last time.

Come on dude ive got many valid points about the QB situation and you know it.

Kellen Clemens has more question marks surrounding his name than anything.

Ratliff could be something here.I bet you felt the same way about Tom Brady.

I may be new here, but calling Kellen Clemens a "Mediocre" QB just because he got sacked about 35 times last year out of 8 games and was practically scrambling for his life isn't a valid point. Kellen Clemens probably has the strongest arm out of all the QB's, he works well with play action, and he can scramble out of the pocket, unlike Pennington. And you can't make a valid point on a rookie whose started 8 games. No one can even say anything until the pre-season

I may be new here, but calling Kellen Clemens a "Mediocre" QB just because he got sacked about 35 times last year out of 8 games and was practically scrambling for his life isn't a valid point. Kellen Clemens probably has the strongest arm out of all the QB's, he works well with play action, and he can scramble out of the pocket, unlike Pennington. And you can't make a valid point on a rookie whose started 8 games. No one can even say anything until the pre-season

Finally my point comes out after all these days.Kellen Clemens is a decent QB and most of you are comparing him with Chad Pennington who I like.But saying he ranks among the top 10 in the NFL is just WRONG.Comparing him with Chad makes him a superstar.

The guy in my OPINION faltered on all aspects of the game last year.

There may valid points somewhere, but backing Ratliff because Tom Brady was a nobody coming out of college is not one of them. Neither is saying a wr can be great because Jerry Rice was slow as molasses too. Or a midget RB because of Sanders. The only thing that proves is that it's not impossible. For every Tom Brady there are thousands of Josh Heupels.

Finally my point comes out after all these days.Kellen Clemens is a decent QB and most of you are comparing him with Chad Pennington who I like.But saying he ranks among the top 10 in the NFL is just WRONG.Comparing him with Chad makes him a superstar.

The guy in my OPINION faltered on all aspects of the game last year.

I'd like you to find ONE post were someone posted Kellen Clemens is one of the top 10 QB's in the NFL

Dude, you should really stop making up quotes its just not working

And neither is your argument supporting Clemens as the answer at QB for the NYJETS.

What did this guy do in college that leads you all to believe he is the answer????????

Comparing him to Chad Pennington post shoulder surgeries is very lame.

Archived