Anyone see some of the NBA finals?

drago

cause it sucked. It sucked really bad. I thought that since it was the finals perhaps the two teams playing wouldn't be awful but i was wrong. They still isolated for one on ones, and let one guy drive to the lane against sub-par defenders.

This is going to be some WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP...i mean US and Canada are clearly the powers of basketball. :rl:

Some of these guys are good but can anyone shoot that isn't a guard? Allen obviously shoots but is 31 or 32, Garnett is a great defender/rebounder, i have heard kobe can shoot but all i see is him driving or dunking...not sure that really counts as jump shots go....but does anyone have all the skills anymore? what happened the the larry birds, MJ's, magics of the world?

sooooo boring!

cause it sucked. It sucked really bad. I thought that since it was the finals perhaps the two teams playing wouldn't be awful but i was wrong. They still isolated for one on ones, and let one guy drive to the lane against sub-par defenders.

This is going to be some WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP...i mean US and Canada are clearly the powers of basketball. :rl:

Some of these guys are good but can anyone shoot that isn't a guard? Allen obviously shoots but is 31 or 32, Garnett is a great defender/rebounder, i have heard kobe can shoot but all i see is him driving or dunking...not sure that really counts as jump shots go....but does anyone have all the skills anymore? what happened the the larry birds, MJ's, magics of the world?

sooooo boring!

I watched the game, I thought it was pretty good. Refs really didn't interfere that much. Kobe can shoot, he was just off last night, thats why he was taking it to the basket so much. As far as skills go, this is how the NBA game is now, alot of one on one crap and shooting is bad yes. Some guys in the league are great to watch though. Also, this is why international players are so highly scouted and drafted, because they have those "skills".

I watched the game, I thought it was pretty good. Refs really didn't interfere that much. Kobe can shoot, he was just off last night, thats why he was taking it to the basket so much. As far as skills go, this is how the NBA game is now, alot of one on one crap and shooting is bad yes. Some guys in the league are great to watch though. Also, this is why international players are so highly scouted and drafted, because they have those "skills".

there was one little white guy on the lakers that appeared to be a shooter, i'm just wondering when an NBA team gets the moxy to put together a team of no thugs and all shooters/passers/defenders. The Suns sort of looked like that when Nash was on his game, i still think they needs some lights out shooters to go along with their good forwards.

It just seems that any team good really run away with this league if they got some really good 'team' guys. Until then, i've watched my quota of NBA games this year, i'll wait for 2010 to see my next.

Did you watch the game last night? Kobe hit a couple of great shots while being double teamed or while the shot clock was expiring. At least five or six of his shots were in and out, bad luck happens to the best. Paul Pierce isn't a shooter? Did you see him last night, even after coming back from his injury? The guy is a shooter and was on last night. Garnett struggled down the stretch, but started out hot.

Comeon now. This nobody can shoot anymore nonsense is ridiculous. Sorry this isn't the Italian league were everyone runs up and down the court non stop for 48 minutes for 140-137 bull**** scores. Thats not Basketball. Back in the day there were plenty of layups and drives the the hole and there was no defense whatsoever. If thats what excites you, you're following the wrong sport.

Basketball has changed for the better with better defense and the slowed up tempo.

Did you watch the game last night? Kobe hit a couple of great shots while being double teamed or while the shot clock was expiring. At least five or six of his shots were in and out, bad luck happens to the best. Paul Pierce isn't a shooter? Did you see him last night, even after coming back from his injury? The guy is a shooter and was on last night. Garnett struggled down the stretch, but started out hot.

Comeon now. This nobody can shoot anymore nonsense is ridiculous. Sorry this isn't the Italian league were everyone runs up and down the court non stop for 48 minutes for 140-137 bull**** scores. Thats not Basketball.

Good post, I agree with eveyrthing. But I didn't buy the PP injury at all. He looked absolutely dead at one point and two minutes later he's back on the floor ? No way.

I don't understand, what would get you off your seat ?

fast passing and great shooting. All i see out there are some good and tall athletes, coupled with some good players (kobe/garnett and whoever else)....I want to see some great teams, not just players.

fast passing and great shooting. All i see out there are some good and tall athletes, coupled with some good players (kobe/garnett and whoever else)....I want to see some great teams, not just players.

I don't think you watched the game like you said you did.

I don't think you watched the game like you said you did.

we turned it into a drinking game, but was watching! haha NBA is just not my bag, i like basketball, so i'll watch march madness but that's really it. NBA is too slow.

Comeon now. This nobody can shoot anymore nonsense is ridiculous. Sorry this isn't the Italian league were everyone runs up and down the court non stop for 48 minutes for 140-137 bull**** scores. Thats not Basketball.

I agree, these two teams have some good shooters. However overall, the in-between game and 'pure' shooters is kinda a lost art IMO. I really don't blame the players, I blame the league and their rules, hell centers and big men are slowly being phased out with all the ticky tack garbage.

we turned it into a drinking game, but was watching! haha NBA is just not my bag, i like basketball, so i'll watch march madness but that's really it. NBA is too slow.

March Madness you'll watch, which is a slower paced game than the NBA, yet you call the NBA too slow? :confused0082:

So you'll watch 65-60 games, but not 98-88 games? Interesting.

March Madness you'll watch, which is a slower paced game than the NBA, yet you call the NBA too slow? :confused0082:

So you'll watch 65-60 games, but not 98-88 games? Interesting.

please tell me you did not just imply that the NBA is a faster than NCAA b-ball. I think i'm going to be sick. :puke:

please tell me you did not just imply that the NBA is a faster than NCAA b-ball. I think i'm going to be sick. :puke:

:rl::rl::rl:

You can't be serious if you believe otherwise.

Lets see:

NBA - 24 second shot clock

NCAA - 35 second shot clock

NBA - 48 minutes

NCAA - 40 minutes

NCAA games take 2-2:30 hours

NBA games take 2:30-3 hours, unless its playoff time and all the commercials get into the way... still thats not the game, thats the advertising.

On the court, the NBA players run faster, the NCAA players almost every time take 8 seconds to get the ball past half court unless it is in the final two minutes.

Then you also complain about shooters. Well then why the heck are you watching March Madness? In just 8 less minutes, the NCAA per team scores at least 10-20 points less than an NBA team. I thought you liked shooters and high scoring? All the NCAA is is short three pointers, foul shots and lay-in's.

Please don't give me this crap, even though I do like the NCAA more because the March Madness tourney is such an awesome set up where upsets happen frequently.

:rl: :rl: :rl:

You can't be serious if you believe otherwise.

Lets see:

NBA - 24 second shot clock

NCAA - 35 second shot clock

NBA - 48 minutes

NCAA - 40 minutes

NCAA games take 2-2:30 hours

NBA games take 2:30-3 hours, unless its playoff time and all the commercials get into the way... still thats not the game, thats the advertising.

On the court, the NBA players run faster, the NCAA players almost every time take 8 seconds to get the ball past half court unless it is in the final two minutes.

Then you also complain about shooters. Well then why the heck are you watching March Madness? In just 8 less minutes, the NCAA per team scores at least 20 points less than an NBA team. I thought you liked shooters and high scoring? All the NCAA is is short three pointers, foul shots and lay-in's.

Please don't give me this crap, even though I do like the NCAA more because the March Madness tourney is such an awesome set up where upsets happen frequently.

sorry dude, i don't like high scoring at all. I said i liked shooters. The NBA has high scoring and is lacking in shooters...reason for that is probably that traveling doesn't exist and the average NBA player can dunk without needing to take a step.

I like watching march madness because they sprint their arses off the entire game and show tons of passion. It's the same reason i like to watch state final games of any sport in the area. I love the intensity.

Good post, I agree with eveyrthing. But I didn't buy the PP injury at all. He looked absolutely dead at one point and two minutes later he's back on the floor ? No way.

Yeah that was pretty strange. A sprained knee and you can run up and down the court? Yeah, sure.

NBA is too slow.

Haha. They were off last night. You are watching some pretty good defenses. Though, that fourth quarter was pretty sad on the Lakers end. No one was hitting shots. Derek fisher for three with 16 seconds left.. yeah ok. Since you are a big soccer fan you think it would seem to be going at blazing speeds.

Haha. They were off last night. You are watching some pretty good defenses. Though, that fourth quarter was pretty sad on the Lakers end. No one was hitting shots. Derek fisher for three with 16 seconds left.. yeah ok. Since you are a big soccer fan you think it would seem to be going at blazing speeds.

scoring has never really been my thing (when it comes to sports, not with the mods). I like watching the athletes do something that i can't. If i were 6'10" i'm pretty sure i could dunk with out much effort...so to me that isn't too much fun to watch.

Maybe they could raise the rims or something, it just seems to easy to back down and dunk. Oh well, i don't care, i've reached my NBA quota.

Archived