Deepest Running Attack? J-E-T-S

SoFlaJets

I love when fans get excited about their team. I like our running backs but calling them great is a big stretch. Lets get 4 yards a carry first or better, run the ball in on goal to go situations, or put a few sustained 3 yards and a cloud of dust type drives together before we anoint this group.

This is not to disparage our RB's. Just keepin it real. Jones is a basher who can wear down a line. Behind our improved line, he's gonna be an asset. I agree that Leon Washington is due to breakout The two each complement each other. Jones wears down a line and Washington exhausts those big guys chasing him around. Should be a great second half combination against a tired defense. Haven't seen much of Chatman, but if he's more than a back-up or additional back in passing situations, we're in trouble.

Richardson may be the key to it all. In the 3-4, there is always a linebacker in the hole to beat. If Richardson lives up to his legend of destroying that first guy, Jones will be a load for the secondary to tackle and Washington will be the most dangerous guy around. Imagine an explosive kickoff returner getting a shot in the open field with only 3-4 DB between him and the endzone. Let's not forget his impact in goal line situations as the lead back.

Chatman had almost 5 yards a carry for Miami last year-he ended up being the starter down here after Brown went down (again) and yesterday on Jets Nation every clip of him was of him smashing a Patriots defender in the helmet-which I believe is THE main reason we got him. I've been saying this since we got him HE could end up being our starter by mid season if Jones doesn't improve big time . He's big and he's fast...

Chatman had almost 5 yards a carry for Miami last year-he ended up being the starter down here after Brown went down (again) and yesterday on Jets Nation every clip of him was of him smashing a Patriots defender in the helmet-which I believe is THE main reason we got him. I've been saying this since we got him HE could end up being our starter by mid season if Jones doesn't improve big time . He's big and he's fast...

I live in south Florida, and have seen the guy play quite a bit. I think he's a very good runner. I don't think he will take Jones' job, but if Jones goes down they won't miss a beat.

I live in south Florida, and have seen the guy play quite a bit. I think he's a very good runner. I don't think he will take Jones' job, but if Jones goes down they won't miss a beat.

I'm trying to think of when the last time we had a runner like him was flgreen-a power back with speed-and am hard pressed to think of one

I'm trying to think of when the last time we had a runner like him was flgreen-a power back with speed-and am hard pressed to think of one

LaMont Jordan fits that bill I suppose, he just lacked the stamina and consistency to be a full time back. That's been proven in Oakland. He was a pretty explosive and powerful runner though.

LaMont Jordan fits that bill I suppose, he just lacked the stamina and consistency to be a full time back. That's been proven in Oakland. He was a pretty explosive and powerful runner though.

Yeah, in the 4th quarter after Curtis Martin wore down the opposing defense. Don't leave that important fact out.

exactly right IJ-that's the guy...good one, I'm thinking Leon Johnson Johnny Johnson Johnny Hector but you're right Lamont Jordan is the closet one-good call-oh yea except Chatman holds the ball

Yout pushing it pal.

Steelers don't have to run it 40 times to win these days. If they run it 40 times, it's what the D is giving now. That was Fanecas strength, run blocking. Pass blocking is a whole different thing with him. Yeah he's still a great player and we'll surely miss him at times but for our money and current system he no longer fit anyway.

I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised at Jesse Chatman's contribution this season. Still don't know why Miami didn't try to keep him let alone Booker.

Chatman will make a huge difference.

Yeah, letting both of those guys go sure is a head scratcher. By the middle of last season most of my RB's were lost to injury and I had to give up Greg Jennings to trade for Chatman. I was happy to get him. He was very productive for a while there.

Yeah, in the 4th quarter after Curtis Martin wore down the opposing defense. Don't leave that important fact out.

Yep

and you might see that very thing again. A fresh set of wheels, who can run with power and speed to rag a defense that has been tired by Jones.

I like the kid. I have no problem with a RB competition.

Jets must find a way to put some points on the board early so the pass rushers, and RB's they have can do their thing.

Yep

and you might see that very thing again. A fresh set of wheels, who can run with power and speed to rag a defense that has been tired by Jones.

I like the kid. I have no problem with a RB competition.

Jets must find a way to put some points on the board early so the pass rushers, and RB's they have can do their thing.

Obviously its good to have a lead going late into the game but i don't see it as a do or die thing for the jets. The defense seems to be built well to stuff the run with the addition of Pace and Jenkins, coupled with already good run stuffers in Coleman and Harris.

Our defence should put us in a position to win most games this season. A lot of it will ride on the RB by committee, i hope it works out like you said, Jones wears them down and the rest finish them off in the 4th.

I only went to 1 game last year, the Redskins game that we lost in overtime. Leon looked great that day. Portis ran OK but his stats were pretty good because our D line was getting pushed backwards all day. But what I noticed about T Jones that day was that he was a lot slower getting to the line of scrimmage or a hole than those other runners. I never noticed this watching him on TV, just on that 1 day that I saw him live. Am I imagining things? Or have you guys noticed a lack of quickness to the hole on the part of T Jones?

What hole are you referring to? They probably created about 5 or 6 of them all year. Maybe he wasn't as quick as you'd like because he was looking for a hole to actually be made. TJ is a very good HB and with a good OL that will be shown this year.

Archived