what kinda whip yall drive

kobe24jets

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks.

The 318 is a good engine. A friend of mine had a Dart and all he did was add headers and flowmasters and that baby ran real nice. Back in the mid seventies I had the chance to buy a 70 Hemi Cuda that needed some work and my father talked me out of it. I never let him forget that one. :)

Frankly the headers have been a bit of a pain in the *** between trying to play Houdini and get the starter in and trying to figure out how I can get the SP wires to NOT lay on top of them on the drivers side. I wish Mopar had moved the gear box foward like on the Chevilles :biggrin: . Did you do any of the work on the Mustang yourself?

You are smart. My wife complains it is too loud. Too loud!!!! What is the matter with women? That is sweet music from Heaven. :)

:( I just wanta be ABLE to hear my car run. It's been a whole year in July that I've owned it and I haven't heard it yet.

Frankly the headers have been a bit of a pain in the *** between trying to play Houdini and get the starter in and trying to figure out how I can get the SP wires to NOT lay on top of them on the drivers side. I wish Mopar had moved the gear box foward like on the Chevilles :biggrin: . Did you do any of the work on the Mustang yourself?

I did some things myself. Installing the first set of headers myself was a big mistake. It was brutal. Last year I had the engine rebuilt including swapping out the original 4.6 liter short block for a 5.4 liter (bored out to 5.7). It was a lot easier for them to drop the new motor onto the new headers that what my brother and I had to do from below.

I did some things myself. Installing the first set of headers myself was a big mistake. It was brutal. Last year I had the engine rebuilt including swapping out the original 4.6 liter short block for a 5.4 liter (bored out to 5.7). It was a lot easier for them to drop the new motor onto the new headers that what my brother and I had to do from below.

I'm laughing right now because I KNOW what you went through. I couldn't get stock pipes anywhere that's why I went with the Hookers. If I had to do it over I'd honestly stick with the orig. manifolds and have pipes made by muffler man. I can't begin to tell you how many %$#& times I cracked my %$#& head on the ends of those things. :biggrin:

I'm laughing right now because I KNOW what you went through. I couldn't get stock pipes anywhere that's why I went with the Hookers. If I had to do it over I'd honestly stick with the orig. manifolds and have pipes made by muffler man. I can't begin to tell you how many %$#& times I cracked my %$#& head on the ends of those things. :biggrin:

I hear ya. :) Making matters worse is my brother has the patience of a jack russell terrier. He had to take a hundred cigarette breaks and cuss me out. :)

I had a heck off a time finding the first set of headers. This was back in 2001, and nobody made long tube headers yet for the 99 and later cobras. And I didn't want to get the shorties that they had. I finally found an outfit in California - MAC Performance. They assured me that they would fit on a cobra. After calling them a few times to ask questions, they finally admitted that no one had installed these headers on a 99 cobra yet, only GTs. But we finally got it done. I stuck with MAC when I replaced them last year.

I hear ya. :) Making matters worse is my brother has the patience of a jack russell terrier. He had to take a hundred cigarette breaks and cuss me out. :)

I had a heck off a time finding the first set of headers. This was back in 2001, and nobody made long tube headers yet for the 99 and later cobras. And I didn't want to get the shorties that they had. I finally found an outfit in California - MAC Performance. They assured me that they would fit on a cobra. After calling them a few times to ask questions, they finally admitted that no one had installed these headers on a 99 cobra yet, only GTs. But we finally got it done. I stuck with MAC when I replaced them last year.

I used to live 5 minutes from MAC. They make fairly good products. It's good to be close to them because I just walk in and pay cash. The deals are incredbile. My entire exhaust is MAC.

I used to live 5 minutes from MAC. They make fairly good products. It's good to be close to them because I just walk in and pay cash. The deals are incredbile. My entire exhaust is MAC.

Cool. They are good people. Very helpful. My entire exhaust is MAC too. Headers to chrome tailpipes.

Glad everything worked out. I had to LOL when they FINALLY admitted no one had tried them on a Cobra after saying they were fine. :biggrin:I wanted ceramic headers but with the engine rebuilt I had to go with the painted ones. I got most of my parts from Summit Racing out of Akron, Ohio. I ordered the headers and total dual Flow masters on a Tuesday at 7am (on line) and they were at my door (Buffalo) Weds. at 11am. VERY impressive.

Glad everything worked out. I had to LOL when they FINALLY admitted no one had tried them on a Cobra after saying they were fine. :biggrin:I wanted ceramic headers but with the engine rebuilt I had to go with the painted ones. I got most of my parts from Summit Racing out of Akron, Ohio. I ordered the headers and total dual Flow masters on a Tuesday at 7am (on line) and they were at my door (Buffalo) Weds. at 11am. VERY impressive.

Wow. Mine came in pieces. First the headers. Then the pro chamber and flowmasters. Then the pipes and tailpipes. My wife called me everyday at my job to ask "what the heck is all of this stuff?". :) I felt like Dr. Frankenstein getting excited as Igor kept dragging all of the parts in. :)

It's alive!!!!

umma be drivin a bentley thursday

wit 24s

ya dig

ridin dirty

bentley2.jpg

I filled up the Patriot ($50) Friday at $4.09 and today it's $4.21. Same frillin station !! Thank God the Patriot gives me 24 around town and 32 highway.

I'm in the search for a new car, was thinking about the patriot.

I'm in the search for a new car, was thinking about the patriot.

I really like mine Drums. Got it in November as I traded in my Cruiser. It was GREAT all winter. Great traction and better mileage than the PT. I've been getting around 23-24 in the city and got 29 then 32 on the only 2 trips (Binghamton) I've taken with it. 2.4 L engine with the 5 speed.

Yo dis be mah fly ride. Mah momma bought dis fo me wit da mony she gots from her axadent at da Denny's.

63_FalconRed_RH_Rr_High.jpg

ah gots ta git da window tint so ma homeboyz won be tryin ta horn in when ahm in da back seat mackin on da honies

AH !! The classic 1960 Ford Falcon. :)

You can usually tell a lot about someones intelligence level by how they type on the net. If you see a lOt oF tHis and a bunch of poor spelling, that usually means loser low income welfare turd.

Or you're a cowardly emo kid trying to act hard, in the case of Kobe. Maybe he can't see well enough through his fringe to type properly.

You can usually tell a lot about someones intelligence level by how they type on the net. If you see a lOt oF tHis and a bunch of poor spelling, that usually means loser low income welfare turd.

jus cuz i dont feel like typin out evry last leter and usin gramar and punc duznt mean **** hell i m no dumass u go 2 hell

So what are you tryin to get at.. there have been some pretty smart people in this world that cant spell for ****... not everyone grew up in the Hills...

Or you're a cowardly emo kid trying to act hard, in the case of Kobe. Maybe he can't see well enough through his fringe to type properly.

Doesn't it mean it's a 12 year old girl?

Archived