You have got to F'in kidding me

SouthernJet

Report: Maryland Textbooks on Islamic Teachings Dumbed Down

Sunday, June 08, 2008

A textbook monitoring group said that Maryland middle and high school students will be required to read about Islamic teachings that have been dumbed down and are products of political correctness.

According to the New York Examiner, a new report issued by the American Textbook Council said that administrators who approved books for use in the Montgomery County school district caved into pressure by pro-Islamic groups seeking to present a less violent interpretation of Islam.

Gilbert Sewall, director of the council, stated that, for example, the definition of jihad has gone through "amazing cultural reorchestration" in textbooks, losing any connotation of violence, the Examiner wrote.

Other terms, such as sharia law, have been adjusted or removed from lessons to avoid what he called "inconvenient truths."

Montgomery County Public Schools defended the decision to use the books, saying in a statement that all texts used by teachers had been properly vetted and were appropriate for classroom uses.

By dumbed down they mean taking out all the violent scripts to have us stupidly believe there is no violence in Islam.

There is violence in every religion, take for instance The Crusades. Not showing people history's mistakes and violence is just going to ensure that it all happens again. The only way to stop this is to teach people about it and show the horrors of war, give people real valuable education.

However, they should not just show the Muslim people as a violent religion who all believe conquering lands for Mohammed is good. There are still people who believe in the original Jihad as the Greater one, they're just overshadowed by the radicals.

All religions have violence. I wonder if those same textbooks discuss in details how many people were murdered at the hands of the Catholic Church and the Christian wars that engulfed Europe for so long.

As long as we're being politically incorrect, I might as well mention the Spanish Inquisition and witch hunts.

All religions have violence. I wonder if those same textbooks discuss in details how many people were murdered at the hands of the Catholic Church and the Christian wars that engulfed Europe for so long.

As long as we're being politically incorrect, I might as well mention the Spanish Inquisition and witch hunts.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!

gldlyTjXk9A

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!

gldlyTjXk9A

Pope Paul got really upset at those Mony Python guys for that. A wonder they were able to live and work ever again, right?

He made those Muslims getting pissed off about Mohammed cartoons look mild, dontcha think?

Everything I need to know about Islam, I learned on September Tuesday morning. I'd say a whole bunch more,but leave it at that.

Pope Paul got really upset at those Mony Python guys for that. A wonder they were able to live and work ever again, right?

He made those Muslims getting pissed off about Mohammed cartoons look mild, dontcha think?

Everything I need to know about Islam, I learned on September Tuesday morning. I'd say a whole bunch more,but leave it at that.

Ridiculous. That's like saying, "Everything I need to know about Americans, I learned at Hiroshima."

Ridiculous. That's like saying, "Everything I need to know about Americans, I learned at Hiroshima."

Why are we still allowing these backward people, who do not want to be Americans, to emigrate.

Why are we allowing this PC insanity?

Why aren't we drilling everywhere so we don't ahve to do business wtith them?

Why are we still in Iraq?

The more I have learned about Islam it becomes clear that much of what these loons professed wasn't a perversion, but the reality of Islamic beliefs. They are in fact commanded to kill infidels. All the PC cany coating in the world isn't going to change that. Their prohet was a murderous pedophile.

Call it ridiculous, I'll call it survival.

That's absurd. Kinda like Iraqis saying "Everything I learned about Americans I learned from Abu Ghraib." Or the Iraqi sanctions that killed millions. Or the Iranians under the American-supported Shah, or Chileans under American-supported Pinochet.

That's absurd. Kinda like Iraqis saying "Everything I learned about Americans I learned from Abu Ghraib." Or the Iraqi sanctions that killed millions. Or the Iranians under the American-supported Shah, or Chileans under American-supported Pinochet.
All governmernt policies(like Hiroshima), rather than actions commanded by a holy book prophet.

Why are we still allowing these backward people, who do not want to be Americans, to emigrate.

Why are we allowing this PC insanity?

Why aren't we drilling everywhere so we don't ahve to do business wtith them?

Why are we still in Iraq?

The more I have learned about Islam it becomes clear that much of what these loons professed wasn't a perversion, but the reality of Islamic beliefs. They are in fact commanded to kill infidels. All the PC cany coating in the world isn't going to change that. Their prohet was a murderous pedophile.

Call it ridiculous, I'll call it survival.

Ever read the Old and New Testament Bugg? The Qu'ran is hardly the only religious text that has an abundance of violence.

Why are we allowing this PC insanity with Christian fundamentalists in this country? We allow people who believe in an imminent Apocalypse to hold great power in this country. We are forced to deal with these crazed loons in everyday life who care more about hating gay people than anything to do with the economy or anything that actually affects people's lives.

If you really want to get into it, the Bible is by far one of the most violent books out there.

All governmernt policies(like Hiroshima), rather than actions commanded by a holy book prophet.

OK. All I need to know about Christians, I learned from the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials and Northern Ireland.

So you believe 19 Muslims represent the entirety of the religion which has around 1 billion members?

If Christians truly acted in the way the Bible commands them too, men would be selling their daughters into slavery and people would be stoned to death for working on the Sabbath day. And the list truly does go on.

If you're going to accuse one religion of violence, you should realize that all religions are violent. And all religions are foolish and based on nothing more than superstition.

When it comes to religion, I don't discriminate because they are all equally ridiculous.

Archived