Kareem Brown could surprise

TNJet

This guy im pretty excited about. I remember liking him out of miami in the 2007 draft. he was a 4th rnd pick last year. He has the prototypical 3-4 DE size which could add some much needed depth behind Ellis and Coleman.

This guy im pretty excited about. I remember liking him out of miami in the 2007 draft. he was a 4th rnd pick last year. He has the prototypical 3-4 DE size which could add some much needed depth behind Ellis and Coleman.

Did we just sign him, has he just been cut and you would like for us to sign him, what's the scoop on him????

The Jets made a few cool moves like this last year. They picked up this guy, a 4th rounder, for nothing as well as David Clowney, a 5th rounder with promise, and Darnell Bing, a 4th rounder from 2006. Grabbing young guys like this is like having extra draft picks. Who knows what will become of these players, but the more of them you have the better chance you have of 1 or more of them turning into a good player for you.

He's had a year with the Pats and Jets to learn the 3-4 DE position and is going into his second camp. I'm interested to see what he can do given the opportunity this pre-season. I'm not gonna go nuts but this guy was a beast at times playing DT at Miami U and he does have the size to play the spot. Let's see if he was able to learn his NFL role. I'm cautiously optimistic that he can add some quality depth and maybe develop into a starter in a year or two.

The Jets made a few cool moves like this last year. They picked up this guy, a 4th rounder, for nothing as well as David Clowney, a 5th rounder with promise, and Darnell Bing, a 4th rounder from 2006. Grabbing young guys like this is like having extra draft picks. Who knows what will become of these players, but the more of them you have the better chance you have of 1 or more of them turning into a good player for you.

Great post! Clowney and Bing were excellent projects to pick up. Clowney can flat-out fly which is something the Jets can use (even though I think Coles speed is way underrated). Let's see if he was able to work on his hands and route-running. Bing can be a great special teams player and possibly rotate in at S at some point.

These are definitely the kind of moves that come at a low risk with a potential for a nice payoff. It's always good to bring in more draft picks to take a look at. Maybe they fit you better than how they fit wherever they were. Maybe they were guys you would have liked to draft but didn't have th pick to get them. As long as they can learn the system and improve their technique you have a shot with them.

another guy im wondering about is Oldenburg the OL that also was drafted 5th rnd buy the pats in 07. He must have been decent to get drafted buy them.

Archived