3 Way Trade: Man-Ram to the Mets: Red Sox, Drays, Mets 3 Way

Barton

Buster Olney on ESPNEWS like 5 minutes ago said there are discussions of a 3 team trade involing the red sox, Drays and Mets.

Mets would get: Baez and MANNY RAMIREZ

Red Sox get: Aubrey Huff and a player I cannot remember what Olney said, lol maybe it was Mike Cameron

Drays would get: boatload of prospects from both the red sox and mets

Steal for the Mets

Drays could be great in a few years, never know.

Red Sox looked like losers in this, but I cannot remember that other player from the deal, actually I think it was Mike Cameron but I thought my ears were playing tricks on me

Hell if the sox wanna trade Man-Ram, their best prospects and get a stiff like Cameron and a .260 hitter like Huff I'll be very happy.

Huff is a better than good player. Always a slow start folled by a big second half.

He's a good player. But he is having a down season and he is definetly no Manny Ramirez.

Mike Cameron is a strikeout machine.

I hope this trade goes down. Breaking up that Ortiz-Manny 1-2 Punch would be fantastic.

Good points, Barton. Manny is a nutcase, but he scares the hell out of you at the plate. I love this trade from the Mets perspective because Baez is a throw in here, and he's going to cement the entire bullpen instantly. Hernandez-Looper-Baez is a tough group. And a lineup of Reyes-Wright-Beltran-Manny-Floyd-Piazza is pretty sick, too.

Good points, Barton. Manny is a nutcase, but he scares the hell out of you at the plate. I love this trade from the Mets perspective because Baez is a throw in here, and he's going to cement the entire bullpen instantly. Hernandez-Looper-Baez is a tough group. And a lineup of Reyes-Wright-Beltran-Manny-Floyd-Piazza is pretty sick, too.

I would switch Beltran and Wright, otherwise you're pretty much right on.

Gonna be a lot of balls landing on the turf in the outfield though.

True, you'd be going from the of the best fielders in the league in Cameron to one of, if not the worst, fielder in the league in Manny.

Still, the Mets have been walking the tight rope trying to win every game 3-2. Maybe Manny peps the rest of them up a bit.

Yes it is, until you remember that Beltran, Reyes and Piazza all SUCK :lol:

I had to come out of hiding for THIS sh*t. Beltran always has a better second half, it's also quite clear IF YOU EVEN WATCHED THE DAMN GAMES that Beltran is getting more and more comfortable in Queens. Piazza SUCKS? No. He isn't what he used to be, but he still has the most if not the second most RBI's for a catcher, even though he really gets a LOT of days off. And when he does get his days off, he has Castro filling in for him. Castro is a solid hitter and fielder, he'd start for MANY teams. When you add the production of Piazza and Castro to mold a full-time catcher it comes out MUCH better than you considered, you dumb punk.

REYES SUCKS? IS THAT A TWISTED JOKE? Reyes next year will probably be provided with a private batting coach, to get his bat in order. He's batting around .280 right now Jeter bats about 20 points higher, right?

DO THE MATH, KID. 20 batting average points equates to around 17 more hits in the year. 162 games - one more hit every 9 or so games - BIG DEAL.

I don't care what you little Yankme fans say, Reyes is already the superior fielder. Jeter gets a good number of errors, Reyes just has some timing issues. Reyes is improving, Jeter is on the decline. Reyes has 34 SB's, Jeter's got 10. The homers, big damn deal - lead-off hitters don't REALLY need homers, do they? Reyes has more RBI's!

Reyes is damn close to Jeter RIGHT NOW. In 2 years Jeter will be scum and Reyes will be a star.

Watch what you say, little fella.

I had to come out of hiding for THIS Sh#t. Beltran always has a better second half, it's also quite clear IF YOU EVEN WATCHED THE DAMN GAMES that Beltran is getting more and more comfortable in Queens. Piazza SUCKS? No. He isn't what he used to be, but he still has the most if not the second most RBI's for a catcher, even though he really gets a LOT of days off. And when he does get his days off, he has Castro filling in for him. Castro is a solid hitter and fielder, he'd start for MANY teams. When you add the production of Piazza and Castro to mold a full-time catcher it comes out MUCH better than you considered, you dumb punk.

REYES SUCKS? IS THAT A TWISTED JOKE? Reyes next year will probably be provided with a private batting coach, to get his bat in order. He's batting around .280 right now Jeter bats about 20 points higher, right?

DO THE MATH, KID. 20 batting average points equates to around 17 more hits in the year. 162 games - one more hit every 9 or so games - BIG DEAL.

I don't care what you little Yankme fans say, Reyes is already the superior fielder. Jeter gets a good number of errors, Reyes just has some timing issues. Reyes is improving, Jeter is on the decline. Reyes has 34 SB's, Jeter's got 10. The homers, big damn deal - lead-off hitters don't REALLY need homers, do they? Reyes has more RBI's!

Reyes is damn close to Jeter RIGHT NOW. In 2 years Jeter will be scum and Reyes will be a star.

Watch what you say, little fella.

LOL, I was just baiting you mets fans. tomshane was smart enough to not respond, I was joking.

Reyes: .270 BA / .301 OBP / 4 home runs

Jeter: .300 BA / .380 OBP / 12 home runs (and better defense)

Right now, they're not even close. Maybe a few years down the line Reyes can step outa the kiddie pool and swim with the big boys.

LOL, I was just baiting you mets fans. tomshane was smart enough to not respond, I was joking.

Reyes: .270 BA / .301 OBP / 4 home runs

Jeter: .300 BA / .380 OBP / 12 home runs (and better defense)

Right now, they're not even close. Maybe a few years down the line Reyes can step outa the kiddie pool and swim with the big boys.

Reyes is .278 and Jeter is .300. Who cares about HR's if you don't have as many RBI? Dumb. Reyes is a threat when he hits the bags that .301, a real threat. 2 SCORES OFF OF BALKS, PITCHERS sh*t IN THEIR PANTS - THEY THINK HE CAN STEAL HOME. I already debunked the batting average argument - what an overrated stat.

20 more BA pts. equals about 17 or 18 more hits, with about 400 AB's. 17 more hits is 1 more per 9 games.

Big whoop

18 hits is alot, but the big difference between the 2 players is the OBP.

Listen, settle down I was just kidding around. Dont sh** out a storm because I made fun of Reyes :lol:

Lol...have you seen your outfield lately EB?

Last I checked Beltran was still a top 5 CF and Floyd leads the NL in assists while Manny leads the AL.

Manny is sub par but Beltran and Floyd are fine.

Yes. I surrender O Mighty one.

Even though I showed that Reyes is nowhere near the hitter that Jeter is, at this point in their careers.

Not really. hahaha. The very fact that Reyes is so deadly on the basepaths also destroys your argument on offense.

And you Yankme fans don't even know Reyes' fielding, don't start that.

LMAO

2005 SEASON

Reyes:

.973 fielding %, 11 errors, range factor 4.05, zone range .798

Jeter:

.978 fielding %, 10 errors, range factor 4.72, zone range .813

He's SO much better, right? What a significant difference? Please note that Reyes is much younger as well. The baserunning wins the argument.

Archived