Interleague is crap

MagicBizkit87

Sure I like that we beat the crap out of that weak as league every single time, but this interleague crap has to go. I can understand a in-state game, like Yanks-Mets, Dodgers-Angels, and so on, but other then that, this crap needs to go. Yankees best pitcher ends up getting hurt because we have to play this **** league.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure that the basis for disliking interleague play can be on the lack of intriguing matchups. That can change from year to year. After all, who would have thought the Tampa Bay Rays-Florida Marlins series this year might actually be meaningful?

I don't know how any american league fan can say that they've got no problem with the fact that their teams pitchers have to run the bases, have to hit, or do anything but pitching. The National League is pure trash, it's the only league in the league that does No DH rule, bottom line, either this interleague crap has to go, or pitchers having to hit has to go.

I don't know how any american league fan can say that they've got no problem with the fact that their teams pitchers have to run the bases, have to hit, or do anything but pitching. The National League is pure trash, it's the only league in the league that does No DH rule, bottom line, either this interleague crap has to go, or pitchers having to hit has to go.

That explains everything.

I actually would like to see more pitchers hit. Maybe then, they wouldn't be so ballsy about throwing at people's heads. I'm still waiting for the day someone punches Pedro in his face and makes him bleed.

now that pedro has to bat, he isnt such a d!ck anymore.

and I agree with your post.

The DH is bullcrap. It ruined the game. I do think its crap that the 2 leagues play under different rules. Standardize it already. Get rid of the DH. enough with treating the pitchers like pansies. BTW, AL pitchers have hit better in IL than NL pitchers.

The DH is bullcrap. It ruined the game. I do think its crap that the 2 leagues play under different rules. Standardize it already. Get rid of the DH. enough with treating the pitchers like pansies. BTW, AL pitchers have hit better in IL than NL pitchers.

The DH rule was not the way baseball was intended to be played. Anyway, Pedro hasn't had a chance to hit many guys the past few years. Here's hoping he has his opportunity the rest of the season.

Actually it should be the other way around, the Craptional League is the only league that lets a pitcher bat, it would be a hell of a lot easier getting that crap out, instead of the other way around. If they want to let their pitchers bat, then why exactly do the american league teams have to face this crap, and have our pitchers get hurt to something we aren't used to?

It makes no sense, basically one of the other has to go, either Interleague play, or pitchers batting.

That explains everything.

Dude, why don't you shut the **** up for the first time in your life, which I honestly don't expect to ever happen.

You know for a fact if Josh Beckett was injured this way, you would be pissed as well. Please just do me a favor, and shut the **** up.

Actually it should be the other way around, the Craptional League is the only league that lets a pitcher bat, it would be a hell of a lot easier getting that crap out, instead of the other way around. If they want to let their pitchers bat, then why exactly do the american league teams have to face this crap, and have our pitchers get hurt to something we aren't used to?

It makes no sense, basically one of the other has to go, either Interleague play, or pitchers batting.

As much as i love interleague, I would rather lose interleague than have DH throughout the majors.

Pitchers are athletes too, they should be batting. I dont think a max of 81 ab's a year per pitcher is such a strain on them (most ab's by a pitcher in 2007 was 81)

Also, not every league uses it. AA and AAA games with 2 NL teams have pitchers bat.

Also, in the Japanese league, the Central league uses the DH in interleague games on the road.

And... in the AL, the DH is optional. You dont have to use it if you dont want to.

Dude, why don't you shut the **** up for the first time in your life, which I honestly don't expect to ever happen.

You know for a fact if Josh Beckett was injured this way, you would be pissed as well. Please just do me a favor, and shut the **** up.

If Beckett was injured running the bases I wouldn't start a thread saying that Interleague play is crap.

BTW: I'm sorry that your best pitcher can't run around the bases without hurting himself.

As much as i love interleague, I would rather lose interleague than have DH throughout the majors.

Pitchers are athletes too, they should be batting. I dont think a max of 81 ab's a year per pitcher is such a strain on them (most ab's by a pitcher in 2007 was 81)

Thats probably also why American League pitchers are the better pitchers. Along with the fact that they don't have to face the crappy 7th, and 8th hitter, and pitcher, they also only pitch, so it's the only thing they have to worry about.

My opinion, Pitchers should only pitch.We basically lose our best pitcher, because Interleague is bull****.

Thats probably also why American League pitchers are the better pitchers. Along with the fact that they don't have to face the crappy 7th, and 8th hitter, and pitcher, they also only pitch, so it's the only thing they have to worry about.

My opinion, Pitchers should only pitch.We basically lose our best pitcher, because Interleague is bull****.

no, you lost your best pitcher because he cant run properly. What moron player doesnt know how to run?

Dont they run in spring training?

and by the fact most pitchers suck at hitting, its proof they dont worry too much about hitting.

The only difference between AL and NL pitchers is they face 1 less crappy hitter. AL still has lousy 7th and 8th hitters.

In fact, they should switch it so during interleague they should have the DH in national League parks and no dh in the american league parks.

As much as I would like the DH to be taken out of the game, it never will. Too much money is invested in the DH. The union will never let it to be abolished because of the amount of jobs it would take away and it has become a solidified position as well with the likes of Edgar Martinez, David Ortiz, and Jim Thome. As a pure baseball fan I would like to see pitchers hit, because that is the way baseball is supposed to be played IMO, but I've accepted the fact that, sooner or later, all of baseball is going to have a DH. Look at the positives. It makes the game more exciting and it allows the greats to stick around a while longer.

As much as I would like the DH to be taken out of the game, it never will. Too much money is invested in the DH. The union will never let it to be abolished because of the amount of jobs it would take away and it has become a solidified position as well with the likes of Edgar Martinez, David Ortiz, and Jim Thome. As a pure baseball fan I would like to see pitchers hit, because that is the way baseball is supposed to be played IMO, but I've accepted the fact that, sooner or later, all of baseball is going to have a DH. Look at the positives. It makes the game more exciting and it allows the greats to stick around a while longer.

yep... but for me it doesnt make it more exciting. but i am in the huge minority on this.

the union will never let it disappear.

If Beckett was injured running the bases I wouldn't start a thread saying that Interleague play is crap.

BTW: I'm sorry that your best pitcher can't run around the bases without hurting himself.

Maybe you wouldn't say it on here, but trust me, you would definitely say it.

no, you lost your best pitcher because he cant run properly. What moron player doesnt know how to run?

Dont they run in spring training?

and by the fact most pitchers suck at hitting, its proof they dont worry too much about hitting.

The only difference between AL and NL pitchers is they face 1 less crappy hitter. AL still has lousy 7th and 8th hitters.

In fact, they should switch it so during interleague they should have the DH in national League parks and no dh in the american league parks.

No, we lost our best pitcher, because morons that own this league think that Interleague is an exciting addition to the league. When it's complete trash, it's always been complete trash, and it needs to go.

I agree. I like to see baseball played "pure," I guess. I like the strategy that goes along with making pitchers hit.

Bob Costas would crap his pants if the NL went with the DH.

What is "pure" baseball?

I agree. I like to see baseball played "pure," I guess. I like the strategy that goes along with making pitchers hit.

Yeah, American League has no strategy, except maybe the fact that the American League always kicks the **** out of the National League every single season. Damn, I wonder what strategy was used during the times the American League was winning.

Yeah, American League has no strategy, except maybe the fact that the American League always kicks the **** out of the National League every single season. Damn, I wonder what strategy was used during the times the American League was winning.

The AL has far superior talent. That's no secret and that's the recipe for beating strategy...

No, we lost our best pitcher, because morons that own this league think that Interleague is an exciting addition to the league. When it's complete trash, it's always been complete trash, and it needs to go.

the moron owners also thought back in the early 70's that baseball would be more exciting with an extra hitter...

The real issue is that the AL pitchers are at such a disadvantage when playing interleague

They may bat only a few times per year....IMO when playing interleague, the DH has to be a full time position

Finally, someone on this site that actually has knowledge on this situation.

The real issue is that the AL pitchers are at such a disadvantage when playing interleague

They may bat only a few times per year....IMO when playing interleague, the DH has to be a full time position

if they were at such a disadvantage, why have AL pitchers hit better than NL pitchers in interleague games....

Finally, someone on this site that actually has knowledge on this situation.

how is that knowledge? Its not like NL pitchers dominate at the plate versus the AL. Plus with all the player movement, plenty of pitchers have hit in the NL.

You're pissed your guy got hurt. It was a freak thing. Its not like any other pitcher has been hurt because of the no dh... only your guy.

Wang could've been hurt pitching. Batting is part of the game. The AL had pitchers batting for over 70 years before the DH.

What I don't like; if you're gonna have interleague play, why not have 2 leagues of 15 teams rather than one of 14 and another of 16. The schedule would just have 1 interleague series going on at all times, but so what? It might suck that teams get stuck playing outside of their league and not against the teams they're competing for a playoff spot in September. But it would even out.

how is that knowledge? Its not like NL pitchers dominate at the plate versus the AL. Plus with all the player movement, plenty of pitchers have hit in the NL.

You're pissed your guy got hurt. It was a freak thing. Its not like any other pitcher has been hurt because of the no dh... only your guy.

Yet if it was Josh Beckett, or CC the one who got hurt, I am damn sure you'll hear from the Cleveland, and Boston fans as soon as it happened. People like Gainzo are full of ****, and they know they would be on a rant against Interleague if this were to happen to Beckett, or someone else like CC.

Archived