Sign in to follow this  
MagicBizkit87

Interleague is crap

I've lived in San Diego since moving here from NY in 1994. I DO drive to Anaheim, and have flow to Oakland, Phoenix , Seattle to watch my team play. That being said you have this insane hatred towards interleague play which makes no sense. Don't give me any of that baseball pursit bull crap. You'll sound like all the cigar smoking 80 year old reporters who like to pound their fist about keeping the game "pure". It's all crap. For years, blacks and latinos couldn't play in MLB either. I am for anything that makes the sport more interesting to people. Ask yourself when the last time Houston sold out a 3 game series was ? Last year when Boston came here to play in Petco, they sold out the entire series the first day tickets went on sale. It brings enthusiasim to a city, that rarely gets to see these teams. If you can't appreciate that , sucks for you . I am a hardcore baseball fan, and I think it's good fpr the sport

Yes I'm pissed Wang got hurt. That's HIS fault for not being athletic enough to run the freaking bases. Maybe you can choose to poit the finger at the training staff or anyone else, who didn't keep him in the kind of shape that would allow him to just simply RUN. Bud Selig is a worthless turd, but one of the few good things to come from his reign of terror is interleague play.

• Upvote 1

I've lived in San Diego since moving here from NY in 1994. I DO drive to Anaheim, and have flow to Oakland, Phoenix , Seattle to watch my team play. That being said you have this insane hatred towards interleague play which makes no sense. Don't give me any of that baseball pursit bull crap. You'll sound like all the cigar smoking 80 year old reporters who like to pound their fist about keeping the game "pure". It's all crap. For years, blacks and latinos couldn't play in MLB either. I am for anything that makes the sport more interesting to people. Ask yourself when the last time Houston sold out a 3 game series was ? Last year when Boston came here to play in Petco, they sold out the entire series the first day tickets went on sale. It brings enthusiasim to a city, that rarely gets to see these teams. If you can't appreciate that , sucks for you . I am a hardcore baseball fan, and I think it's good fpr the sport

Yes I'm pissed Wang got hurt. That's HIS fault for not being athletic enough to run the freaking bases. Maybe you can choose to poit the finger at the training staff or anyone else, who didn't keep him in the kind of shape that would allow him to just simply RUN. Bud Selig is a worthless turd, but one of the few good things to come from his reign of terror is interleague play.

Great post even though you seem to accuse everyone of being homosexuals. Baseball is and should be about the fans. They're the ones who keep this "league" profitable. Same goes to the other professional sports leagues.

• Upvote 1

In interleague play there should be a rule that you pick a runner(whos not starting) for the pitcher for the game. EX. Wang gets on base, he goes to the dugout, and shelley duncan becomes the runner, and wang can still pitch in the game.

That's how it should be.

That's ridiculous. This isn't beer league softball. These are grown men who are supposed to be athletes. We're not asking them to run a Marine Corps drill here. It's called RUNNING.

In interleague play there should be a rule that you pick a runner(whos not starting) for the pitcher for the game. EX. Wang gets on base, he goes to the dugout, and shelley duncan becomes the runner, and wang can still pitch in the game.

That's how it should be.

I think they do that for the fat dudes in said beer leagues.

These are supposed to be the greatest atheletes in the country and they can't run a little bit? How many pitchers in the NL get injured from running each year? Its running ffs. Running.

ps. Pirates bandwagon baby, jump on board! WOOHOO!

• Upvote 1

Says the guy who joined the board 3 months ago :rl:

I'm intrigued by the way you have decided that I'm not intelligent. Please explain.

He knows you Gainzo, didn't you know? He also knows how fake you are, and how'd nothing you say is true. You stupid Red Sox fan...you're a disgrace! :P

I think interleague play is great for the cross city/state matchups.

The other matchups aren't as interesting but it did permit me to see the Cubs play in Seattle a few years ago. There were as many Cubs fans as Ms fans in the place.

Sure I like that we beat the crap out of that weak as league every single time, but this interleague crap has to go. I can understand a in-state game, like Yanks-Mets, Dodgers-Angels, and so on, but other then that, this crap needs to go. Yankees best pitcher ends up getting hurt because we have to play this **** league.

Bartolo Colon strained his back swinging at a pitch last night against the Phillies. Interleague play should be abolished as a Red Sox pitcher was hurt.

Do you see how silly your argument is?

Bartolo Colon strained his back swinging at a pitch last night against the Phillies. Interleague play should be abolished as a Red Sox pitcher was hurt.

Do you see how silly your argument is?

He was hurt???

Hmm... maybe we should abolish interleague.

I don't really think that the cross-town series are that fair tbh. Why doesn't Pittsburgh get to play Cleveland? That could be a good rivalry too.

This interleague stuff is crap.

An AL pitcher hitting a GRAND SLAM off one of the best pitchers in the game...

something's fishy... we's gots to get rid of this interleague garbage.

Beltran Ty Cobbed ol' Babe Ruth.

He could have hurt himself rounding the bases on that grand slam.