Discovery channel's ''when we left earth''

BP

Tonight at 9pm is going to be the best episode. it's the beginning of the Apollo missions.

And the first launch of the most powerful machine ever built by man. Werner Von Braun's gigantic 363ft 7million lb Saturn 5 rocket.

wHccHMHVomo

Thanks. I've been watching and have been blown away by the footage. I was a complete space junky back in grade school. My parents let me stay up late to watch the mission coverage on TV, which was a big deal. I still remember being in Yankee Stadium--for Bat Day, I think--when they announced that the LM had landed on the moon. We all watched later that night when Neil Armstrong stepped out for his walk, and I remember being scared because I thought there might be alien beings.

I liked last week's Mercury/Gemini episode. Looking forward to tonight's.

I was hooked on that suff, too. I remember getting this cardboard LM kit from the Gulf gas station. You were supposed to punch out all the parts from flat sheets, then assemble a lot of pieces. I was only 6, and not up to the task.

Frank Borman and Jim Lovell said they almost had brown eyes in their space suits before Apollo 8 lifting off. nobody had ever been on a Saturn 5 rocket before, and Borman said it had the explosive equivalent of a small atom bomb.

They did **** in their space suits during the 2week Gemini mission though. SJ would have loved flying around the earth with **** in his space suit. space turd.

I watched this show last weekend. It was a documentary about a farmer who built a rocket out of scrap parts. He launched it eventually despite the government putting a lot of pressure on him. It was cool.

Very uplifting story about determination. The guy was an ex-astronaut who never saw space because he had to leave the program due to an illness in his family.

I watched this show last weekend. It was a documentary about a farmer who built a rocket out of scrap parts. He launched it eventually despite the government putting a lot of pressure on him. It was cool.

Very uplifting story about determination. The guy was an ex-astronaut who never saw space because he had to leave the program due to an illness in his family.

Did his wife call him Oh-lee-ver in a shrill voice? I think I may have seen that too.

Did his wife call him Oh-lee-ver in a shrill voice? I think I may have seen that too.

I don't remember that part. But his wife was cute. They took the kids out of school for awhile so they could help with the Farmer Space Program.

He really defied the odds imo.

Archived