It's a Good Thing Joba's a Starter Now

PeterNorth09

If the Yankees lose Wang for the rest of the year they are in serious trouble. At least Joba is in the rotation now and finally starting to get adjusted to the new role.

Yankees still have 4 solid starters even with Wang gone. Mussina, Petitte, Rasner and now Joba. Hopefully Ian Kennedy comes back soon and pitches like he did right before he got hurt.

You do know that Joba is going to have some bad starts too, right? Joba will not have as many good starts as Wang will. Wang right now, all he'll be is a middle to back end starter for now. He'll occasionally have that 6-7 inning performance, and then he'll occasionally have that bad start here, and there.

So in other words, if this Wang injury is serious, then the Yankees are ****ed, because we have to waste time playing a **** league like the National League.

You do know that Joba is going to have some bad starts too, right? Joba will not have as many good starts as Wang will. Wang right now, all he'll be is a middle to back end starter for now. He'll occasionally have that 6-7 inning performance, and then he'll occasionally have that bad start here, and there.

So in other words, if this Wang injury is serious, then the Yankees are ****ed, because we have to waste time playing a **** league like the National League.

The Yankees season would be officially f_cked in the ass if all they had in the rotation was Mussina, Pettite and Rasner. Right now they still have a sliver of a chance of making the playoffs b/c Joba is a viable 4th starter.

You need to call Bud Selig and blame him for Wang's injury. Not that Wang's crappy base running had anything to do with it.

Get a life dude.

You need to call Bud Selig and blame him for Wang's injury. Not that Wang's crappy base running had anything to do with it.

Get a life dude.

Dude, you are the one who needs a life, just because I disagree with you, I need a life. Dude, your ****ing stupid, thats all that needs to be said.

The Yankees season would be officially f_cked in the ass if all they had in the rotation was Mussina, Pettite and Rasner. Right now they still have a sliver of a chance of making the playoffs b/c Joba is a viable 4th starter.

Yeah, I know Joba is a viable 4th starter, but he's still going to have rough starts along with the good ones. He won't have the consistency in his starts that Wang has. He shouldn't be expected to either. All we have to do is just hope Wang's injury is just not serious, and hope that Interleague will soon be thrown away.

Darrell f'ing Rasner? The guy everybody wanted to blow who hasn't done jack **** in his last what? Four? Five starts? Hopefully Hughes can come back in July and so SOMETHING positive.

Darrell f'ing Rasner? The guy everybody wanted to blow who hasn't done jack **** in his last what? Four? Five starts? Hopefully Hughes can come back in July and so SOMETHING positive.

I think Hughes has been pushed back to August for sure now. I don't think he'll be starting in late July, unless it's rehab starts in the minors.

Yeah, I know Joba is a viable 4th starter, but he's still going to have rough starts along with the good ones. He won't have the consistency in his starts that Wang has. He shouldn't be expected to either. All we have to do is just hope Wang's injury is just not serious, and hope that Interleague will soon be thrown away.

If by being consistent, you mean being terrible for what amounts to a month then you are correct. Wang's ERA after about 7 or 8 starts was at about 2.00 and it ballooned to nearly 5. I am not sure how "consistent" that is.

Wang has a sprain. There's no reason to believe he's done for the year. That may change after the MRI tomorrow, but today he says he's just a little sore.

If he was seriously hurt, he would have dropped down. I think its a sprained/twisted ankle. 1 start lost, maybe 2

Do you even watch baseball? If the Yankees gave Rasner any run support at all he'd be 6-1 right now instead of 3-4. He has had 5 excellent starts, one so-so start and one bad start.

If by being consistent, you mean being terrible for what amounts to a month then you are correct. Wang's ERA after about 7 or 8 starts was at about 2.00 and it ballooned to nearly 5. I am not sure how "consistent" that is.

I don't know what JCB's position initially was on Joba becoming a starter but it looks like he's trying to minimize how important that move turned out to be because he may have been one of the majority of Yankees fans who were screaming mad against it.

Yes, Wang is very good and he was our ace but having Joba in the rotation helps soften the blow of losing for the year big time.

If the Yankees make the playoffs who do you want starting? Wang or Joba? Honestly, I'd take Joba.

Archived