Wang out

baseballnut

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When will the Yanks get a break?

Some of you Yankee fans are such whiners.

Red Sox who have been on the DL or missed significant time-

Ortiz

Manny

Dice-K

Beckett

Bucholz

Lowell

Schilling

Cora

Casey

Credit to Theo for constructing a team that can handle some injuries, plug in some players, and keep winning.

1. None of the guys have missed significant time, except shilling.

2. The yankees have their ace out for almost 2 months.

3. The yankees had their best offensive producer hurt for a significant time period, and had their catcher hurt for a long time.

4. Look at our opening day rotation. 3 of those guys aren't on it due to injury Wang, Hughes, and Kennedy. And don't give me that crap of how we would send Hughes down, because who knows maybe he would've gotten better.

5. Our starting rotation as of now has 2 veterans and 3 kids. Mussina, Pettitte, Joba, Rasner, and a ?. Joba and Rasner combined have 10 ML starts. That's not a lot of experience. We don't even know who the #5 will be, but we know it will be a kid who hasn't made a ML start.

The yankees have gone through more than the Sox. It seems we lose a valuable player to injury every other series. Right when we get on a roll an injury brings us back down to mediocarity.

Credit Girardi for keeping this team in the division/wildcard mix.

WAAAA, WAAAA ....interleague , WAAAA..... what a bunch of embarassing complainers some of you are. I'm ashamed to be a yankee fan around you people. If I keep reading this thread, I fear I may ovulate. :gfight:

supergay.gif

add 4 to that to build his arm up, makin it 10 weeks.

He's done for the season. And the Yankees are too if nobody steps up barring a trade.

When was the last time we had a season where everyone stayed healthy?? Every year we get at least 2 or 3 guys that hit the shelf. This year its been ridiculous with Bruney, Hughes, Kennedy, Arod, and now Wang.

You also forgot Jeter missed 2 weeks with the Quad right before A-Rod.

You can't trade players on the DL.

Latest players involved or linked /Hughes / tabata/ jackson / montero / horne

once hughes comes off the DL .

or the Indians and the Yankees can ask the league for special aproval to go ahead and make the deal even though Hughes is on the DL .

before you come back with Kennedy The Indians have no interest in him

Latest players involved or linked /Hughes / tabata/ jackson / montero / horne

once hughes comes off the DL .

or the Indians and the Yankees can ask the league for special aproval to go ahead and make the deal even though Hughes is on the DL .

before you come back with Kennedy The Indians have no interest in him

they are not getting sabathia why would they when they can get bedard, rich harden, and another i forget all for a cheaper price..

and yankees will never trade montero thats jsut stupid.

they are not getting sabathia why would they when they can get bedard, rich harden, and another i forget all for a cheaper price..

and yankees will never trade montero thats jsut stupid.

Other teams are going to go into this feeling the Yankees are desperate and will hold them up for mulitple top prospects.

In all honesty I think the Yanks should just sit back let Hughes and Kennedy get healthy and go from there. I mean it isn't like they are 10-12 games behind. They are only 5.5 behind the Sox.

If the Yanks want to fix the bullpen and maybe get a guy to take Joba's spot as the setup for Mariano then go ahead be my guest. I can't see the Mariners who gave up a ton for Bedard trading him 3 months into a season.

Other teams are going to go into this feeling the Yankees are desperate and will hold them up for mulitple top prospects.

In all honesty I think the Yanks should just sit back let Hughes and Kennedy get healthy and go from there. I mean it isn't like they are 10-12 games behind. They are only 5.5 behind the Sox.

If the Yanks want to fix the bullpen and maybe get a guy to take Joba's spot as the setup for Mariano then go ahead be my guest. I can't see the Mariners who gave up a ton for Bedard trading him 3 months into a season.

dont like kennedy i just dont think he can be good. i say this is a good time to bring up Horne and see if he is what hes suppose to be maybe he can replace joba in the bullpen this year..

WAAAA, WAAAA ....interleague , WAAAA..... what a bunch of embarassing complainers some of you are. I'm ashamed to be a yankee fan around you people. If I keep reading this thread, I fear I may ovulate. :gfight:

I hate interleague play, but injuries and Wang's inability to run the bases have nothing to do with it. What's the sense of having different leagues if they are going to play each other. It's just another bull**** novelty money making opportunity. Like "alternative" jerseys.

I hate interleague play, but injuries and Wang's inability to run the bases have nothing to do with it. What's the sense of having different leagues if they are going to play each other. It's just another bull**** novelty money making opportunity. Like "alternative" jerseys.

I don't understand the hatred for interleague play. I think it's great for the fans. The AFC plays the NFC all the time, why even bother having two conferences?

I don't understand the hatred for interleague play. I think it's great for the fans. The AFC plays the NFC all the time, why even bother having two conferences?

same i dont hate interleague i think its exciting to see al pitchers hit i couldnt wait to see joba bc he said he was good on yesterdays and some are very funny like bartolo colon he pulled his back put swinging so hard.. its fun to see and a pitcher that can do both are amazing.

But u cant compare Al Nl to AFC and NFC. bc in nfl its the same rules and baseball its different.

Exactly. I think it's worse in football.

I'm a conservative. I fear change.

It seems good for the fans in the short term, but in the long run it waters down rivalries and makes the playoffs and championship less interesting to me. Yes, you can still have upsets like this past super bowl, but you don't have that feeling of two champions playing each other. You just throw the best records in a pot and let them all play. Like hockey for the love of God. It'll never again be like the old AFL-NFL championships where you honestly don't know which is the better team until they play the game.

I would rather see games played in the same league to decide a race. Not a loss to the Pirates or another league that makes you fall sort. It takes away from the world series because you already have seen these teams play.

I honestly think the Yankees would be hard-pressed not to earn at least a Wild Card spot at this point, unless you expect Tampa to keep playing nearly .600 baseball. I honestly think that the AL is bad enough--or maybe has enough parity--this year that 90 wins just might be enough. Even with a partly makeshift rotation the Yankee offense should carry the team into October. And if Wang is back by September, a Wang-Pettitte-Moose-Joba rotation going into October should serve them fine.

I would rather see games played in the same league to decide a race. Not a loss to the Pirates or another league that makes you fall sort. It takes away from the world series because you already have seen these teams play.
Not necessarily, I don't like inter league play either, but it does not automatically mean the World Series will include 2 teams that met earlier in that season.

For the most part inter league is gaarbage through out the league anyway, except in the big markets, like New York, Chicago, and California.

They should just get rid of it all together, and not because Wang got hurt, because it blows.

I'd rather not see the NL, until the Allstar game and the World Series, but that's just me. :)

As for the DH, they should either have both leagues use it or get rid of it all together.

Every league in the world except the NL use it, so it is quite silly that AL pitchers who never practice hitting or base running their entire life,

only to be forced to do it in inter league play because the NL is the only league who has not implicated the DH.

Wang getting hurt running the bases is no case to complain, but what if a pitcher gets hit by a pitch and breaks his wrist, then what?

I honestly think the Yankees would be hard-pressed not to earn at least a Wild Card spot at this point, unless you expect Tampa to keep playing nearly .600 baseball. I honestly think that the AL is bad enough--or maybe has enough parity--this year that 90 wins just might be enough. Even with a partly makeshift rotation the Yankee offense should carry the team into October. And if Wang is back by September, a Wang-Pettitte-Moose-Joba rotation going into October should serve them fine.

I feel they'd be hard-pressed to make the playoffs with their best starter out a few months. Barring a big trade, this is an 85 win team.

I feel they'd be hard-pressed to make the playoffs with their best starter out a few months. Barring a big trade, this is an 85 win team.

You don't think they could go 53-39 over the remainder of the season? That's a .588 clip that would get them to 92 wins and I think would get them the wild card for sure. Mind you, Wang has pitched badly almost just as often as he's pitched well this season. Pettitte is a second-half pitcher and he's starting to come into form. I think even with a rotation of Pettitte-Moose-Joba-Rasner and Horne, they could go 14 games over .500 because all of those pitchers are at least solid and their offense will pick the pitching up when it struggles. I don't think they're a .500 team anymore.

This offense alone will win them 90 games. They have had the entire starting lineup in games together less than 15 times this season.

One other interesting stat. Since A-Rod returned, they are 18-9. .667 clip. That is with Wang having a couple of bad starts, Petitte the same, and Joba getting his feet wet as a starter. It is no coincidence that they have hit much better with the main cog back in there. Unless Giambi falls off a cliff, or their is a major injury to Posada again, they will slug their way to at least 90 wins.

Imagine if Cano ever gets going!!!;)

This offense alone will win them 90 games. They have had the entire starting lineup in games together less than 15 times this season.

One other interesting stat. Since A-Rod returned, they are 18-9. .667 clip. That is with Wang having a couple of bad starts, Petitte the same, and Joba getting his feet wet as a starter. It is no coincidence that they have hit much better with the main cog back in there. Unless Giambi falls off a cliff, or their is a major injury to Posada again, they will slug their way to at least 90 wins.

This is true. Even if the Sox keep playing well, I think the Yankees will get the Wild Card.

This is true. Even if the Sox keep playing well, I think the Yankees will get the Wild Card.

I don't hate interleague play. I just think the NL needs to get out of the 19th century and join the rest of the world. Nobody wants to see pitchers flailing away like they're stuck in a car with a bee.

I don't hate interleague play. I just think the NL needs to get out of the 19th century and join the rest of the world. Nobody wants to see pitchers flailing away like they're stuck in a car with a bee.

yeah, they should try taking batting practice once in a while.

Micah Owings, Rick Ankiel, Dontrelle Willis, and Carlos Zambrano could always hit. Some of these pitchers you see were good hitters in high school but apparently once they decided to be a pitcher they stopped working on it.

Archived