Anyone watching this golf match??

Boozer76

So I'm not real familiarl with how these tournaments go. How does sudden death work?

They just tied after a full 18 hole playoff, so now they play hole by hole. If one of them shoots better on this next hole, that person wins. Right now Tiger is in the fairway, Rocco is in really bad shape in a left side fairway bunker with a really bad stance to hit it most likely. EDIT-his stance is not that bad, b ut his shot was. Hit it way left of the green, actually hit the grandstand.

I agree Booze. There is something very likeable about Tiger....he handles his stardom and athletic greatness with class. He transcends race, religion, social and economic status. When you watch him, you just think "wow, he is the greatest golfer of all time."

Other than watching the US come back in the Ryder Cup in 99 this was the best 3-4 days of golf I have witnessed.

I'll never understand the hate for Tiger. Not only is the best golfer of all time (Yes I will put him ahead of Nicklaus, Palmer and Hogan) but he conducts himself with class (Other than a few cuss words which we all use when we are out there).

Sports is about moments and Tiger gives you moments. People 20 years from now when they think about the 08 US Open will think of the 30 Tiger shot on the back 9 on Friday. The eagles on 13 and 18 and the chip in on 17 on Saturday and the putt to force the playoff on 18 on Sunday, and the playoff against Rocco on Monday.

Those moments are few and far between in sporting events. Tiger gave you 5 in 4 days.

Unbelieveable.

the one thing i really liked about Rocco is that he seemed to be having the time of his life yesterday. He was smiling and seemed so happy. Got to love that!

He is scheduled to play here at the travelers championship in cromwell. they are very excited about it around here.

never mind.. rocco pulled out of the tourney.

Tiger is the greatest player ever.. however he does get very lucky

the putt on sunday to get into playoff goes in about 1 in 10.

Sidedoor on US Open Greens just do not fall in, cept for Tiger.

Tiger was playing on 1 leg and he did give the field a chance

Rocco played great, he also knew he had to hit fairway on 18th hole and get

birdie, par was not going to win it.

Fun stuff

Other than watching the US come back in the Ryder Cup in 99 this was the best 3-4 days of golf I have witnessed.

I'll never understand the hate for Tiger. Not only is the best golfer of all time (Yes I will put him ahead of Nicklaus, Palmer and Hogan) but he conducts himself with class (Other than a few cuss words which we all use when we are out there).

Sports is about moments and Tiger gives you moments. People 20 years from now when they think about the 08 US Open will think of the 30 Tiger shot on the back 9 on Friday. The eagles on 13 and 18 and the chip in on 17 on Saturday and the putt to force the playoff on 18 on Sunday, and the playoff against Rocco on Monday.

Those moments are few and far between in sporting events. Tiger gave you 5 in 4 days.

Unbelieveable.

agreed that was a lot of fun for me to watch. I taped & watched all 5 days.. unbelievable stuff went on everyday. felt bad for phils collapse on 13 but but the week was amazing with a brilliant finish. Not sure about the hate for tiger but I enjoy watching history live myself

Archived