Jets begin PSL assessments

Kentucky Jet

Jets begin PSL Assessments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://hpolsurveys.com/w34632/c-en_U...37240&pwd=0245

From the survey:

"The Jets are surveying different types and terms of Personal Seat Licenses (PSLs) as one of the ways to help achieve this requirement. A PSL is an asset, like a taxi medallion, that is purchased in addition to the ticket that gives the holder ownership of their seat. This holder can then sell the seat license in the future, including for any profit, to someone else if the holder no longer wishes to purchase season tickets.

PSLs have been sold in virtually every new NFL stadium built in the past 15 years as a way of paying for construction costs. For example, the Dallas Cowboys have announced a PSL program with prices ranging $2,000 to $12,000 for general admission seats and from $16,000 to $150,000 for club seats.

Now we would like to present you with some alternative general admission seating options. These seats might have different locations in the new stadium, different ticket prices and different PSL (personal seat license) prices. The PSL may also have different time periods over which you can pay off the cost. Please look at all of the elements of each description carefully and then rate your likelihood of buying the PSL and season ticket for those general admission seats using an 11-point scale where 10 means you certainly would buy them and 0 means there is no chance you would buy them, including any number in-between. Then indicate how many seats you would buy."

Here are the basic costs:

Upper Level- Between the 30s. $4000 PSL. $1050/year tickets.

Upper Corner- $800 up front, $800/year for 5 years- PSL. $1000/year tickets

Upper End Zone- $500 up front, $500/year for 5 years- PSL. $900/year tickets.

Upper Level 30s to the end zone- $300 up front, $135/year for 15 years- PSL. $1050/year tickets.

Upper Level 30 to corner- $200 up front, $200/year for 5 years- PSL. $1000/year tickets.

Lower Level- Between the 30s. $5000 up front, $5000/year the next 5 years- PSL. $1650/year tickets.

Lower Level- 30 to the end zone. $20000 PSL. $1450/year ticket.

Lower End Zone- $2400 up front, $2400/year for 5 years- PSL. $1050/year ticket.

Lower 30 to corner- $400 up front, $400/year for 5 years- PSL. $1365/year ticket.

Coaches Club Seats:

Lower Level- Top 10 rows between 30 and 40. $4000 up front, $1800/year for 5 years- PSL. $6250/year ticket

Lower Level- 50 Yard Line, Top 10 Rows. $50000- PSL. $6250/year ticket.

Lower Level 50 Yard Line- $30000- PSL. $6250/year ticket.

Lower Level- 1st 10 rows between 30 and 40- $2500 up front, $2500/year for 5 years- PSL $6250/year ticket.

Mezz between 20 and end zone- $2000 up front, $2000/year for 5 years. $5250/year ticket.

Mezz between 20 and end zone- $15000- PSL. $5250/year ticket.

Mezz between 20 and 40- $15000- PSL. $5250/year ticket.

Mezz- 50 yard line- $8000 up front, $3500/year for 15 years-PSL. $5250/year ticket.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tickets I gave up if im reading this correctly would have been $3000 per seat=$12k PSL

then my yearly season tickets $900x4seats= $3600 a year.

It would have been hard giving the NYJETS $12K without collecting any interest and then $3600 an increase in ticket prices and no mention of the parking fees.

I will stick with buying tickets online for individual games as needed.

The link doesn't work. No matter-they're sticking their toe in the water to check for a reaction.

It's inevitable, and it sucks.

It depends on how you look at it - assuming populations continue to grow and supply of Jets tickets stays relatively static, the PSL can be viewed as an investment. Mark my word these coaches seats will be a steal at $50k compared to what they will be resold at... eventually even the so called worst seat in the house will improve with value - like Real Estate, the location is everything some tickets will be "bad team proof" because of the quality of game day experience. also like Real Estate they ain't making any more seats.

the only aspect of PSL i can't quite wrap my head around - does the license entitle the ticket holder to seats in future buildings? 50 years down the road?

This explains Woody's big spending spree.

Lets face it, if the Jets are 4-12 again next year no body is going to cough up the kind of money it will take to get "good seats". The stadium will be empty.

If they go 12-4 next season, and make a serious run at the Super Bowl, the old fans will still lose their seats, but there will be a lot of "new" fans spending the big bucks. That is the main reason this is a "win now" team.

Upper Level 30 to corner- $200 up front, $200/year for 5 years- PSL. $1000/year tickets

If this were the truth, it would be:

$1200 PSL x 3 tickets = $3,600 in PSL prices which isn't close close to the $5,000 per PSL that people have been talking about.

That being said, the spread over 5 years makes it easier to handle. I would still try to pay it all off in one big swing if there were interest involved, but other wise $600 a year is something I can do for 5 years to get me my seats for the next 30 years.

BZ

Upper Level- Between the 30s. $4000 PSL. $1050/year tickets.

Upper Corner- $800 up front, $800/year for 5 years- PSL. $1000/year tickets

Upper Level 30s to the end zone- $300 up front, $135/year for 15 years- PSL. $1050/year tickets.

Upper Level 30 to corner- $200 up front, $200/year for 5 years- PSL. $1000/year tickets.

does this include a PARKING PASS????? lol

If this were the truth, it would be:

$1200 PSL x 3 tickets = $3,600 in PSL prices which isn't close close to the $5,000 per PSL that people have been talking about.

That being said, the spread over 5 years makes it easier to handle. I would still try to pay it all off in one big swing if there were interest involved, but other wise $600 a year is something I can do for 5 years to get me my seats for the next 30 years.

BZ

That would be good. That would mean that all the complaining that has been done was heard. The Jets listened and came in at a more reasonable rate.

That would be good. That would mean that all the complaining that has been done was heard. The Jets listened and came in at a more reasonable rate.

Yeah, I just got a call from Woody. He said he has been reading the website, heard all the complaints and really wanted to let you know Max, that he hears you.

In other news, Microsoft is going to scrap Vista because it has heard it is a buggy mess.

BZ

Yeah, I just got a call from Woody. He said he has been reading the website, heard all the complaints and really wanted to let you know Max, that he hears you.

In other news, Microsoft is going to scrap Vista because it has heard it is a buggy mess.

BZ

Did Woody tell you he is having ANOTHER BABY???

Section 329 - It's either going to be a $4000.00 up front or $2525.00 paid off over 15 years?

I think something's wrong here - That really does not make sense since the only other 15 year payoff is for seats in the mezz on the 50 - why are they allowing those between the 30 to the endzone to pay off in 15 years?

Since it's less than $4,000.00 - shouldn't they be looking to get the money back sooner?

:baby:

BZ

You don't think the Jets monitor the more active fan sites to get a handle on what people are thinking?

It depends on how you look at it - assuming populations continue to grow and supply of Jets tickets stays relatively static, the PSL can be viewed as an investment. Mark my word these coaches seats will be a steal at $50k compared to what they will be resold at... eventually even the so called worst seat in the house will improve with value - like Real Estate, the location is everything some tickets will be "bad team proof" because of the quality of game day experience. also like Real Estate they ain't making any more seats.

the only aspect of PSL i can't quite wrap my head around - does the license entitle the ticket holder to seats in future buildings? 50 years down the road?

I am interested in knowing the answer to basically the same questions you are

asking concerning the future.

I know with some teams if they decide to build another facility the license ends

for the current facility. Now what happens if for some reason thetwo teams

sharing the same facility here doesn't work out. What happens to the license if

one of the two teams decides to build another stadium?

Also do we know how many years the license is for? And for argument sake

lets say its 30 years. If at the end of say 20 years you want to sell your license.

Do you only have 10 years worth left which will make it less desierable in regards

to recouping a greater value of the license or does the 30 years start over with

the new buyer and you can get a higher value for the license.

Here are the basic costs:

Lower Level- Between the 30s. $5000 up front, $5000/year the next 5 years- PSL. $1650/year tickets.

Lower Level- 30 to the end zone. $20000 PSL. $1450/year ticket.

Lower End Zone- $2400 up front, $2400/year for 5 years- PSL. $1050/year ticket.

Lower 30 to corner- $400 up front, $400/year for 5 years- PSL. $1365/year ticket.

Coaches Club Seats:

Lower Level- 50 Yard Line, Top 10 Rows. $50000- PSL. $6250/year ticket.

Lower Level 50 Yard Line- $30000- PSL. $6250/year ticket.

Lower Level- 1st 10 rows between 30 and 40- $2500 up front, $2500/year for 5 years- PSL $6250/year ticket.

Well the end is near. $20,000- $25,000 for the right to buy tickets at $145-$165 a piece. Not worth it.

Even if I had the money its not worth it.

Enjoy the new stadium everybody.

Well the end is near. $20,000- $25,000 for the right to buy tickets at $145-$165 a piece. Not worth it.

Do as im doing im purchasing 2-3 games premium seats online no contracts no worries with the rest of the money im preparing my family room for a house full of Jets fans!!!!!

I saw this coming one of the reasons I gave my seson tickets up this year.

Mezz between 20 and end zone- $2000 up front, $2000/year for 5 years. $5250/year ticket.

Wait...if this was the plan, this means that I would have to spend $2,000 the day it went into effect and then give them $5,250 for the next 5 years?

Did I read that correctly? PER SEAT.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I am out. :rl:

Could you imagine what the PSL's would be if the Jets tried to build the WSS alone? I don't think any fans would actually be in the stadium.

Do as im doing im purchasing 2-3 games premium seats online no contracts no worries with the rest of the money im preparing my family room for a house full of Jets fans!!!!!

I saw this coming one of the reasons I gave my seson tickets up this year.

Once I give them up after next season, I doubt i will go back unless I move back to the NY area. Once I am free of that burden, I will wonder why I ever spent so much on this team.

For a few hundred bucks I can watch them on Directv every week and never leave my house.

I'm ok with not going to a game anymore. The next 2 seasons will be a long wake and funeral for me. When its over, I'll move on with life.

Could you imagine what the PSL's would be if the Jets tried to build the WSS alone? I don't think any fans would actually be in the stadium.

That price would have been disgusting.

I was grateful that didnt go through. Never wanted it. But I always knew no matter what was built or where it was built, I was going to be priced out.

This is really sad.

Just look at how many people on this site are going to have to give up their seats. People who are posting about football in May and June, are die hard fans. They should be catering to you guys, not raping you.

Don't forget, if they aren't sold out, they are blacked out. Even on Direct TV.

I really think the NFL is about to hit a major wall. They are just cutting the throats of their loyal fan base.

Greed sucks

This is really sad.

Just look at how many people on this site are going to have to give up their seats. People who are posting about football in May and June, are die hard fans. They should be catering to you guys, not raping you.

I really think the NFL is about to hit a major wall. They are just cutting the throats of their loyal fan base.

Greed sucks

I agree that the diehards are being priced out by the PSL & ticket prices but you will never see a Jets or Giants game blacked out. All of the tickets will be sold regardless of the cost.

The Stadium may sound like a wake, but the games will be on the tube.

I agree that the diehards are being priced out by the PSL & ticket prices but you will never see a Jets or Giants game blacked out. All of the tickets will be sold regardless of the cost.

The Stadium may sound like a wake, but the games will be on the tube.

Hey I take offense to that statement. I am Irish and our Wake's are awesome. AND VERY LOUD.

:-P

This is really sad.

Greed sucks

I could go and move to the upper deck, and that wouldnt be so bad money wise, but does it make sense for me to drive 4 hours each way to sit in the upper reaches of the upper deck? No.

I understand what they are doing, knew that someday it would happen. Even when my tickets were $25 a seat per game. I knew they would raise prices and come up with new gimmicks to generate as much cash flow as they can. Im not upset about it at all.

There will still be plenty of people who will shell out the money to pay for PSL's and tickets. If you decide to buy a PSL, you must buy tickets every year or your investment is gone and they revoke your PSL. So for at least 5 years we'll have a sellout. Im not worried about watching them on TV... they wont black out the Jets in Massachusetts!

The NFL and all sports teams and leagues will continue to press on until they go over the edge. Then they will take a step back. Look at Washington Nationals.. new park and they cant sell out. average attendance is 28,000. Pathetic. And why? because they priced people out. Sure, they have 5 and 10 dollar tickets- in the upper deck in the corners that sell out quickly.

Everything in our lives is about taking money out of our wallets. Nothing is there for our enjoyment anymore. It is there to gouge us.

Archived