Willie Randolph Fired at 3:11 AM

MagicBizkit87

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here some stats for you junkies:

At the Phillies current pace the Mets need to play about (sorry I'm not anal) .650 ball the rest of the way to over come them.

Do they have the heart?

Only time will tell, but I don't think so...

It's question of talent rather than heart over 162 games. And they don't have it.

It's question of talent rather than heart over 162 games. And they don't have it.
Maybe so, they certainly don't seem to have it the way they are playing.

But if they can get healthy and their starting pitching holds up, that will be a big help.

Also Reyes needs to start playing like a hall of famer not an allstar on his way to bum.

I doubt they will put it all together, and if karma does exist they are done for how dispicable they did Willie.

They even had that other clown in the dugout last night, that was just LOW!!!

Omar changes with the wind and Jeff Wilpon is full of sh*t saying it was all Omar.

Wouldnt Willie have been fired closer to 11 PM, or an hour after the game based on the different time zones

The media is only looking to get a kick out of the Mets by reporting it as if he had been fired at 3 AM, or when they heard it, which would have been 4 hours later, ignoring this fact to get a bigger story out of it and make the Mets look worse than they should.

That being said Willie and the other fired coaches never should have had to make the trip if they were going to just get fired after the first game, regardless of the result.

Wouldnt Willie have been fired closer to 11 PM, or an hour after the game based on the different time zones

The media is only looking to get a kick out of the Mets by reporting it as if he had been fired at 3 AM, or when they heard it, which would have been 4 hours later, ignoring this fact to get a bigger story out of it and make the Mets look worse than they should.

That being said Willie and the other fired coaches never should have had to make the trip if they were going to just get fired after the first game, regardless of the result.

I think they are reporting that it was announced at 3am.

I think they are reporting that it was announced at 3am.

Is that Eastern time or Pacific?

If they announced it around 11 then the announcement wouldnt hit here until 3, which is what was being announced

In this case I think it makes a big difference than making the decision in the middle of the night, which a lot of emphasis seems to be getting put on by the media types.

Classless and dumb move by the Mets organization. If anyone should've been fired, it should've been Minaya. But hey, nope, lets blame it all on the manager when the players are has-beens latino's that our racist GM got for us. Yay!

I never really had an opinion about Minaya and I've never had anything against the Mets. Never paid much attention to them, actually.

After listening to Minaya on the Fatcessa and Angry Puppy show, however, it's obvious he is a lying, backstabbing scumbag who threw Willie under the bus to save his own sorry ass. I hope the Mets lose an awful lot of ballgames until he is fired.

I never really had an opinion about Minaya and I've never had anything against the Mets. Never paid much attention to them, actually.

After listening to Minaya on the Fatcessa and Angry Puppy show, however, it's obvious he is a lying, backstabbing scumbag who threw Willie under the bus to save his own sorry ass. I hope the Mets lose an awful lot of ballgames until he is fired.

I know this is the beginning of the scapegoat Minaya movement now that the scapegoat Willie movement is over but has Minaya really done that bad of a job? He got you guys the best starting pitcher in the majors this past off-season for Christ's sake.

I know this is the beginning of the scapegoat Minaya movement now that the scapegoat Willie movement is over but has Minaya really done that bad of a job? He got you guys the best starting pitcher in the majors this past off-season for Christ's sake.
Yeah he also made some horrible trades and signings, getting Santana off his worst year, does not change all that. Come on!!!

Johan is fading, he is not pitching as good as he used to, and not as good as he should for his salary.

Omar has done a terrible job IMO, he is a lying, back stabbing, scoundrel, and he is more to blame than anyone else for the Mets woes.

Is that Eastern time or Pacific?

If they announced it around 11 then the announcement wouldnt hit here until 3, which is what was being announced

In this case I think it makes a big difference than making the decision in the middle of the night, which a lot of emphasis seems to be getting put on by the media types.

Uh there is a 3 hour difference in east and west coast time not 4, and regardless it was a piss poor, gutless and lousy way to handle it.

So the e-mails went out here at 3 in the morning and Willie was notified at 12 right before he went sleep after a win.

How is that any better??? On Friday Omar said he has the utmost confidence in Willie to turn things around, and that he has the orginizations support.

The Mets win 3 of 4 and by Sunday night Omar says he made the decison to fire him, and Jeff Wildork who hated Willie his entire Mets tenure, says he had nothing to do with it.

What a disgraceful joke!!!

Uh there is a 3 hour difference in east and west coast time not 4, and regardless it was a piss poor, gutless and lousy way to handle it.

So the e-mails went out here at 3 in the morning and Willie was notified at 12 right before he went sleep after a win.

How is that any better??? On Friday Omar said he has the utmost confidence in Willie to turn things around, and that he has the orginizations support.

The Mets win 3 of 4 and by Sunday night Omar says he made the decison to fire him, and Jeff Wildork who hated Willie his entire Mets tenure, says he had nothing to do with it.

What a disgraceful joke!!!

Wouldnt the timing have made it so that it would have been an hour or so after the game, perhaps Minaya's first oppurtunity to talk to Randolph in private.

I agree the decision should have been made before the trip, rather than send the coaches out there just so they can turn around and come back the next day.

My perception is that a lot of emphasis is getting put on the timing ( as in 3 AM) and thats where the lambasting from the media is coming from, rather than the having them do all of the traveling, which is where I feel it should be.

Regardless it should have been handled far better than this by the FO.

Mutts are down 4-1 to the Angels in the 6th inning?

Who are the Mutts fans and the NY media going to blame now?

The players, the front office, the coaching staff..

nothing changes, we keep blaming all those at fault. And thanks to Omar handling this so well, he will be out of a job come october.

Only thing left is clearing this team of the old, dead wood.

The players, the front office, the coaching staff..

nothing changes, we keep blaming all those at fault. And thanks to Omar handling this so well, he will be out of a job come october.

Only thing left is clearing this team of the old, dead wood.

Old dead wood that Omar brought in and signed.

Just wondering if you'd feel the same if Willie wasn't an ex Skankee.

Just wondering if you'd feel the same if Willie wasn't an ex Skankee.

Archived