Do The Jets Have a Clue ?

shawn306

Sometimes I really have to wonder if the New York Jets; a franchise that I have followed for nearly 35 years, loved, hated, screamed for joy, screamed in anger, shook my head in disblief, has any clue how much they have p!ssed off their fanbase in the past year.

A franchise that looked to be on the upswing took major steps backwards last year going from 10-6 to 4-12.

A franchise that coming off a 4-12 season went and raised ticket prices.

A franchise that following that, goes and sends out survey to sort of "test the waters" about inplementing PSL's when the new stadium opens.

Now maybe I'm losing my mind at the ripe old age of 42 but this doesn't seem to me like this is exactly the best way to enthrall yourself to a fanbase that right now is pretty ticked off. As a matter of fact, I kinda think they are doing this just to alienate the fan base some more.

Why exactly would you raise ticket prices coming off a 4-12 season ? You are only going to be in the stadium one more season. Are you hurting that much for money that you just had to do it ?

Okay so you go and raise the prices. Probably not the smartest move but what can you do.

Now this week you send out a psl survey to gauge how much more you can get out of this fanbase, which has seen 5 playoff games at home since 1981 with prices ranging from a few hundred to probably more cash then alot of will ever see.

Why exactly did this survey have to come out now ? Wouldn't the smart thing have been to maybe hold ticket prices for the this year or maybe wait and see what this team looks like before doing this ?

Woody, why in God's name would you do this ? You are coming off a lousy season, you just raised prices for this season and now you want more ?

Oh wait I forgot, this is Woody Johnson. The man who bleeds green and supports this team no matter what.

Looks to me like the only green you support Woody has pictures of dead presidents on it.

Woody

Do you realize that a majority of your fanbase is paying $4.00 a gallon for gas ?

Do you realize that a majority of your fanbase is paying some of the highest property taxes in the nation and are have to stretch their dollar for all its worth ?

Do you realize that the economy is heading into the tank ?

Do you have a clue ?

Apparently not, and apparently not alot of the people who are running this franchise have a clue or even a finger on the pulse of their fanbase. They do though have no problems sticking their fingers into the pocketbooks of Jets fans to lift more money from them.

The recently resigned/fired team president that has been with the Jets the last 6 or 7 years had a background in real estate, ****ing real estate? the team president of a Football team is a real estate agent. that's too funny. he will be sorely missed.

They have no clue, and it all starts at the top.

Sometimes I really have to wonder if the New York Jets; a franchise that I have followed for nearly 35 years, loved, hated, screamed for joy, screamed in anger, shook my head in disblief, has any clue how much they have p!ssed off their fanbase in the past year.

A franchise that looked to be on the upswing took major steps backwards last year going from 10-6 to 4-12.

A franchise that coming off a 4-12 season went and raised ticket prices.

A franchise that following that, goes and sends out survey to sort of "test the waters" about inplementing PSL's when the new stadium opens.

Now maybe I'm losing my mind at the ripe old age of 42 but this doesn't seem to me like this is exactly the best way to enthrall yourself to a fanbase that right now is pretty ticked off. As a matter of fact, I kinda think they are doing this just to alienate the fan base some more.

Why exactly would you raise ticket prices coming off a 4-12 season ? You are only going to be in the stadium one more season. Are you hurting that much for money that you just had to do it ?

Okay so you go and raise the prices. Probably not the smartest move but what can you do.

Now this week you send out a psl survey to gauge how much more you can get out of this fanbase, which has seen 5 playoff games at home since 1981 with prices ranging from a few hundred to probably more cash then alot of will ever see.

Why exactly did this survey have to come out now ? Wouldn't the smart thing have been to maybe hold ticket prices for the this year or maybe wait and see what this team looks like before doing this ?

Woody, why in God's name would you do this ? You are coming off a lousy season, you just raised prices for this season and now you want more ?

Oh wait I forgot, this is Woody Johnson. The man who bleeds green and supports this team no matter what.

Looks to me like the only green you support Woody has pictures of dead presidents on it.

Woody

Do you realize that a majority of your fanbase is paying $4.00 a gallon for gas ?

Do you realize that a majority of your fanbase is paying some of the highest property taxes in the nation and are have to stretch their dollar for all its worth ?

Do you realize that the economy is heading into the tank ?

Do you have a clue ?

Apparently not, and apparently not alot of the people who are running this franchise have a clue or even a finger on the pulse of their fanbase. They do though have no problems sticking their fingers into the pocketbooks of Jets fans to lift more money from them.

No they do not. If teh Jets were to have a clue, they would try splitting PSL's with the teaam they are splitting the stadium with, the NY Giants. Not only will they lose a lot of their fans in the stands, but do you honestly think that corporations are going to pony up all this cash to pay for Jets games, when they could be spending just as much for tickets of the team that was not only the SB Champions, but the feel-good story of the NFL last year?

Woody is an arrogant peace of dirt that only cares about money...The team doing well means nothing to him.

I miss Leon Hess.

Screw the ticket prices, I'll be watching them on CBS all season.

true that..

As far as the Jets having a clue, thay still do the stupid, cheap crap they've been doing for forty years. Every time they tell a player in a "Verbal agreement" that they will be taken care of later and then fight tooth and nail over what in NFL terms is pocket change, they look bad to the rest of the team and league, and are seen as acting in bad faith. Want to keep a guy, pay him market value. Don't want him? Cut/Release/trade him. Avoid looking petty.

This cheap-o crap started with old man Hess and Weeb Eubank and continues today. The Jets are seen as a Petty, Small-Time team because they ACT like one. Jay Cross "Jets Team President"? What a JOKE. Its PATHETIC that Woody hired a real estate guy to RUN HIS FOOTBALL FRANCHISE.

The Jets will win a Championship when they act like Champions on the Field AND in the Front Office/Ownership capacity.

Screw the ticket prices, I'll be watching them on CBS all season.

But if they don't sell out they'll black out the home games for the first time in 30 years. a fitting tribute to the loyal fan base.

The Mara family will be the true test of owners actually giving a sh$t about the fans. They have always been family run and classy. This is the test. Other than that I do not think there is any owner who can give a rats a$$ about any fan...

The Mara family will be the true test of owners actually giving a sh$t about the fans. They have always been family run and classy. This is the test. Other than that I do not think there is any owner who can give a rats a$$ about any fan...

Why do the Jets get stuck with these lame owners like Hess and Woody Johnson? I'd love to have an owner like the Maras or Mark Cuban.

The recently resigned/fired team president that has been with the Jets the last 6 or 7 years had a background in real estate, ****ing real estate? the team president of a Football team is a real estate agent. that's too funny. he will be sorely missed.

They have no clue, and it all starts at the top.

that's almost as bad as oh, say the head of FEMA only experience being an equestrian judge during a hurricane that wipes out a city

Don't look now but the Giant fans are not happy with them at all with all this PSL talk. Both teams will ask their fans to bend over.

The argument about why now though is a little misleading. What do you want the Jets to do? Stop building the stadium after a 4-12 season? The fact is, the stadium is being built and they need to get their ducks in a row before it is built.

Would it feel any less painful if we went 11-5 this year and then got a PSL survey? Sorry, but 11-5 doesn't grow money in my wallet. The Giants fans are wealthier this year because their team just won the Super Bowl.

BZ

I never thought I would say this...but your right. Leon rest his soul was a better owner. Maybe not in results of the team. But he definitely cared more about the fans.

Hess cared more about the team AND the fans...

Since Woody took over we have hired:

ZERO coaches with head coaching experience

ONE GM with FO experience (Tannenbaum was an asst. with the team before he was promoted though, and he had no experience when he was hired as an asst. GM)

We have forced out:

Bill Parcells - who left the year Woody took over the team

Bill Belicheck - Who ditched the team after Woody became owner

Also, since Woody took over, it took us about 7 or 8 years to land top notch FA's... Before this offseason we always had to settle for the David Barretts', Reggie Tongues', and Curtis Conways' of the world.

Leon cared less about making money and more about keeping the fans happy and giving the team the tools it needed to be succesful. Woody is the opposite...He cares more about the money and less about the fanbase and team.

We have forced out:

Bill Parcells - who left the year Woody took over the team

Bill Belicheck - Who ditched the team after Woody became owner

Forced out?!?! That's some selective memory you've got there. Those two ****sucking carpetbaggers ran out like the bitches they are. What the **** did Woody have to do with Parcells leaving? He actually hired "Little Bill" who ran out because he either a. Didn't want to be stuck with the Tuna "buying the groceries" or b. already had an under the table deal with Kraft.

You can complain about who he did hire, but claiming he forced out Parcells and Belichick is a joke. The only thing he did do force either of them out was keep Tubby on so that Belichick ran out.

Archived