Don Imus at it again...

SouthernJet

Don Imus Is At It Again

Monday, June 23, 2008

imus.jpg

Unbelievable. From The Sporting Blog via Politico comes yet another Don Imus racially charged comment in regards to Adam "Pacman" Jones. The conversation was about how Jones wanted to drop the nickname of "Pacman" to turn a page in his career when Imus asked "what color is he?"....

During the show, conversation turned to a story about how suspended Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam

just goes to show how absolutely bereft of talent the radio market must be when jerks like him, Hannity, O'Reilly and Limpballs are given so many markets without an original idea in their heads

now now,,

you have to throw in olberman, colmes, franken in there also...

remember,,,fair and balanced,,works both ways :)

now now,,

you have to throw in olberman, colmes, franken in there also...

remember,,,fair and balanced,,works both ways :)

we're talking radio Keith is on MSNBC, Colmes is on Fox and Franken is running for the senate-all those other names I mentioned are radio shills

I like 2 outta 3 of them anyway..Alan Frickin Colmes is not

i put limbaugh in same boat as olberman,,

they NEVER are nuetral/postive on any issue about other side of aisle which is impossible..and NEVER bash thier side when needed

at least oreilly and colmes talk about positives on other side and bash thier side when needed

I don't see what the big deal is.

neither do I.

Truth hurts. people want to be upset for no reason.

Its not like he went on a rant on how blacks are bad for america and every black man is a criminal. Christ, everybody is always walking on eggshells. Get over it.. who did this hurt? Nobody.

Maybe we should stop being such sensitive p#ssies and toughen up a little.

Oh no... I was offended by words... ugh.

here's what he said...

Wolf: "Defensive back Adam 'Pacman' Jones, recently signed by the Cowboys. Here's a guy suspended all of 2007 following a shooting in a Vegas night club."

Imus: "Well, stuff happens. You're in a night club, for God's sake. What do you think's gonna happen in a night club? People are drinking and doing drugs, there are women there, and people have guns. So, there, go ahead."

Wolf: "He's also been arrested six times since being drafted by Tennessee in 2005."

Imus: "What color is he?"

Wolf: "He's African-American."

Imus: "Well, there you go. Now we know."

and here's his defense

Update: Imus has defended his comments in an email exchange with the New York Times' Jacques Steinberg:

Asked in an e-mail message what he was trying to convey, Mr. Imus wrote: "I meant he was being picked on because he's black.'' He added that Dick Gregory, a veteran comedian and activist who is black, would be a guest on his show on Tuesday, to discuss the death of George Carlin. "We'll see what he thinks,'' Mr. Imus wrote. "I mean...come on!''

neither do I.

Truth hurts. people want to be upset for no reason.

Its not like he went on a rant on how blacks are bad for america and every black man is a criminal. Christ, everybody is always walking on eggshells. Get over it.. who did this hurt? Nobody.

Maybe we should stop being such sensitive p#ssies and toughen up a little.

Oh no... I was offended by words... ugh.

Exactly. The truth f'ing hurts. Look at the damn numbers. Imus should not be blasted for this.

Don Imus hasn't been relevant since Howard Stern burst onto the New York market in 1982. The guy is a semi-talented, racist jerk. Who listens, anyway?

Don Imus semi-talented? Wow. You are really giving this guy a gift by saying that.

Forget about all the racist stuff (yes, he really is a hardcore racist) and the fact that he pretends to be all about charity with that fake bs "Imus Ranch for Kids with Cancer" which is really just a big tax shelter and PR stunt for him (I can count on one hand the number of days each year Imus actually lets a kid with cancer visit that ranch, like a kid with cancer would really want to go visit his stupid ranch anyway.)

Don Imus simply isn't good. He isn't funny. Never was, never will be. His show is simply awful. 4.5 hours of him mumbling and trying to be funny by calling this guy and that guy a jerk, constantly imitating Howard Stern and shamelessly recycling Stern's old bits.

I know Imus has become a sacrificial lamb for the angry white guy movement because he lost his piece of crap morning show on WFAN (which, btw, should have been canceled due to non-existent ratings years ago) but the guy is just plain garbage.

Don Imus semi-talented? Wow. You are really giving this guy a gift by saying that.

Forget about all the racist stuff (yes, he really is a hardcore racist) and the fact that he pretends to be all about charity with that fake bs "Imus Ranch for Kids with Cancer" which is really just a big tax shelter and PR stunt for him (I can count on one hand the number of days each year Imus actually lets a kid with cancer visit that ranch, like a kid with cancer would really want to go visit his stupid ranch anyway.)

Don Imus simply isn't good. He isn't funny. Never was, never will be. His show is simply awful. 4.5 hours of him mumbling and trying to be funny by calling this guy and that guy a jerk, constantly imitating Howard Stern and shamelessly recycling Stern's old bits.

I know Imus has become a sacrificial lamb for the angry white guy movement because he lost his piece of crap morning show on WFAN (which, btw, should have been canceled due to non-existent ratings years ago) but the guy is just plain garbage.

You're right, I was being generous. See, I was around (motherf**kin', bi**h, scumbag I'm old!) in the 60s & 70s when Imus was actually cool. At that time, his show--and maybe Gene Shepherd's storytelling program--was cutting edge in terms of comedy content and how he spoke to the listeners. Most DJs just spun records and spewed out the typical jock pablum. The problem with Imus is that he never adapted and the next generation of DJs--like Howard Stern--who were more talented.

You're right, I was being generous. See, I was around (motherf**kin', bi**h, scumbag I'm old!) in the 60s & 70s when Imus was actually cool. At that time, his show--and maybe Gene Shepherd's storytelling program--was cutting edge in terms of comedy content and how he spoke to the listeners. Most DJs just spun records and spewed out the typical jock pablum. The problem with Imus is that he never adapted and the next generation of DJs--like Howard Stern--who were more talented.

The thing that gets lost in this whole Imus PC debate is that the guy just flat out sucks at what he does. Yeah, I guess he was cutting edge 40 years ago but he's been lame and unlistenable ever since.

The thing that gets lost in this whole Imus PC debate is that the guy just flat out sucks at what he does. Yeah, I guess he was cutting edge 40 years ago but he's been lame and unlistenable ever since.

Thats the truth. Who listens to him anymore?

He's irrelevant but you can't stop talking about him.

Why don't you just STFU already.

Archived