Jets interested in Kevin Jones?

flgreen

People complain about Thomas Jones too much, with the offensive line we had last year, running backs like Tomlinson, or Peterson would have had problems. Sure, I wouldn't be against us signing Kevin Jones, but Thomas Jones isn't as bad as people are saying around here.

People complain about Thomas Jones too much, with the offensive line we had last year, running backs like Tomlinson, or Peterson would have had problems. Sure, I wouldn't be against us signing Kevin Jones, but Thomas Jones isn't as bad as people are saying around here.

Thomas Jones did not play at all well last year and I don't care what anyone says about the line. There were several times were the lines were giving him the holes but he spent too much time pissing and dancing about to actually hit them with any kind of conviction. Especially off of the right side behind Brandon Moore, who I thought was pretty darn good in run blocking last season.

He also has no kind of home run ability and is pitiful at the goaline. He's an average back, nothing more.

Thomas Jones did not play at all well last year and I don't care what anyone says about the line. There were several times were the lines were giving him the holes but he spent too much time pissing and dancing about to actually hit them with any kind of conviction. Especially off of the right side behind Brandon Moore, who I thought was pretty darn good in run blocking last season.

He also has no kind of home run ability and is pitiful at the goaline. He's an average back, nothing more.

Why does it matter anyway, someone like Kevin Jones won't fix anything, knowing Kevin Jones, he'll be out with an injury by Preseason week 2. Lets not judge Thomas Jones until we see him behind this offensive line.

Why does it matter anyway, someone like Kevin Jones won't fix anything, knowing Kevin Jones, he'll be out with an injury by Preseason week 2. Lets not judge Thomas Jones until we see him behind this offensive line.

I just wouldn't mind taking a shot on him. He'll hardly be a huge risk. very low risk/high reward type move.

I'm not saying I'd rather have Kevin Jones as my #1 back, I know he's unreliable and that would not be a great situation. I wouldn't mind having him as depth though. He's talented.

i would love to have the depth chart look like this

1. Thomas Jones

2. Kevin Jones

3. Leon Washington

who can ardue with that? chatman? smith? no.

Living in South Florida, I saw Chatman quite a bit last year. I believe he is a very good back. I think he will be an excellent back up to Jones. people will be pleasantly surprised if he gets a chance to play

i would love to have the depth chart look like this

1. Thomas Jones

2. Kevin Jones

3. Leon Washington

who can ardue with that? chatman? smith? no.

what happened to that little white kid we signed undrafted? The one who broke the ncaa rushing record.

what happened to that little white kid we signed undrafted? The one who broke the ncaa rushing record.

Could be a PS guy. Hope so

The only chance he has to make the regular roster is if he is a devastating punt returner.

Could be a PS guy. Hope so

The only chance he has to make the regular roster is if he is a devastating punt returner.

Well, he didn't play at a big time school but anyone who racks up that much yardage has to have some serious burn. I would think he is at least Leon fast. If i remember correctly his combine numbers were all top notch too.

Well, he didn't play at a big time school but anyone who racks up that much yardage has to have some serious burn. I would think he is at least Leon fast. If i remember correctly his combine numbers were all top notch too.

white running back in the nfl? lmao.

There is only room for one Jones on this team.

Please sign Kevin and cut the Dancing Bear.

Yeah, lets sign the always injuried P.O.S. and cut the guy who ran for the 10th most yards in the NFL last season behind one of the worst lines in the league. Smart moves all around in Jet land.

Looks like he maybe a BEAR

Chicago would be the perfect situation," Jones said. "I'm familiar with the division. The Bears, they know what I have. I've made plays against them. I made plays against other teams in the league. Chicago would just be perfect. And I hope they know it would be perfect too."

Hard to beat out Leon right now.

Yeah, lets sign the always injuried P.O.S. and cut the guy who ran for the 10th most yards in the NFL last season behind one of the worst lines in the league. Smart moves all around in Jet land.

Lots of backs would have ran for 1,000 yards with 320 carries.

And a lot more would have scored more than 2 touchdowns.

Lots of backs would have ran for 1,000 yards with 320 carries.

And a lot more would have scored more than 2 touchdowns.

Coulda shoulda woulda. Facts are is that he did behind a terrible Offensive Line. Also you cannot blame just Jones for his redzone struggles last season as the entire team struggled to score touchdowns.

You'll see this year Troll, you'll see.

Coulda shoulda woulda. Facts are is that he did behind a terrible Offensive Line. Also you cannot blame just Jones for his redzone struggles last season as the entire team struggled to score touchdowns.

You'll see this year Troll, you'll see.

Yes, I'll see that even with a great offensive line, Thomas Jones is a league average running back.

And Leon Washington is still better. Leon got 5 yards a pop behind the same ****ty line that TDB ran behind last season. What will he do with a good line? 10 yards per carry?

5 yards per carry isn't hard to do on 70 attempts. Lets see how he does if he's given 2x the amount of carries. I like Leon, but you make him out to be a possible starting Running Back. Didn't we already go through with this with LaMont Jordan? If Thomas Jones is average, whats LaMont? Garbage? :P

Archived