Manny is NOT in the lineup tonite for Boston

Green Jets & Ham

Go Twins!

Yup, I've bailed. I'm disgusted.

Garb, I don't blame you for being pissed ... I really don't

If I was in your shoes, I would be absolutely postal over this trade ](*,)

Sure, Manny can be a world-class idiot, but that SOB is also a HITTING MACHINE

No kidding ... Just an absolute hitting machine!

Someone once said he's like an idiot sevant who's one and only gift is hitting a baseball ... all he does is hit ... no matter what else happens around him ... could be a nuclear blast, but he'll just keep on hitting until he melts

IMO the Sox are NUTS to trade a hitting machine like this cat ... absolutely nuts

And as a Yankee fan, I cannot even tell you how happy I am about this ... BEYOND THRILLED

So I really don't blame you, my dear ... if the shoe was on the other foot, I would need to be sedated

You know what just dawned on me?

BABE RUTH

No kidding ... this is like history repeating itself

Once again the Sox are trading an absolute hitting machine, after winning the WS

Of course he's not AS GOOD as the Babe ... but this cat is truly a GREAT, GREAT MASHER

The Sox actually won the WS the year before they sold Ruth ... and then they didn't win another one until 2004

So wouldn't you just know it ... THEY ARE DOING IT AGAIN!!

You would think that would be a mistake they NEVER MAKE AGAIN ... but they're not DOING IT AGAIN

INSTANT REPLAY ... UNBELIEVABLE!! :shock:

BABE RUTH

Once again the Sox are trading an absolute hitting machine, after winning the WS

Of course he's not AS GOOD as the Babe ... but this cat is truly a GREAT, GREAT MASHER

The Sox actually won the WS the year before they sold Ruth ... and then they didn't win another one until 2004

You would think that would be a mistake they NEVER MAKE AGAIN ... but they're not DOING IT AGAIN

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! =D>=D>:lol::lol:

Well hopefully the Drays dont get him, we dont need another dynasty in our division :lol:

His sore hammy HAM is what started this whole mess.

I agree strange though.

Oh really ... I didn't know he was hurt ... I Guess that explains it ... or does it?

I think this might be the first time in history that MET FANS and YANKEE FANS are both rooting for the Mets to make a lopsided trade in their favor! [-o<

Jerry Remy mentioned something interesting tonight. Everyone is unsure why he isn't playing as he was announced in the lineup prior to the game but then didn't play. Remy mentioned that Jimy Williams one time benched Pedro for showing up late for his start that day. Perhaps the same happened here. Francona may be flexing some authority. The word (I think) from the Sox is given all the talk about trades and the controversy means Manny was not fit to play. Remy said that is garbage and there is obviously more to this.

Francona talking now. Saying he approached Manny to tell him to take tonight and tomorrow off to take a breath and see if he can clear his head. Says Manny is not a problem for him.

Let's face it ... the Sox gave themselves the prefect nickname ... idiots

Never has a nickname been more applicable

Really SJ, I hate to say it, but this team is impossible to like

Only a Red Sox fan and a Yankee hater can root for this team ... and you really have to be an intense Yankee hater if you are not a Red Sox fan

Now I fully expect the knee-jerk defense ... what about this and what about that ... but that does not change the fact that this Red Sox team, other than being VERY GOOD, is an absolute disgrace to baseball in too many ways to even count

I just think this whole thing gathered waaaaaay too much steam waaaaaay too quickly and got blown out of proportion. I think Manny will remain in Boston for the rest of his contract and I think he'll return Tuesday after the trade deadline. Boston will make a move or 2 tomorrow and that focus will draw the spotlight away from Manny and this circus right now. Manny has some things to deal with and asked for a day off, then all hell broke loose and the Boston media threw gasoline on the fire and with NOTHING else going on in baseball it was the focus of EVERY sports talk show. What we are seeing right now is damage control and Tito protecting HIS player. He didn't want Manny out there tonight. He needs to be stroked once in a while. Not the style of player your average blue collar fan likes, but this is what he is. Pedro needs the same. Kevin Brown needs the same. Some guys need this crap. Francona feels that he can get more from his player by giving him a day or 2 off and hope the hounds back off a little, most likely with a trade being made and the debut of one of Boston's hottest pitching prospects tomorrow.

Manny will be fine.

The sun will rise in the east tomorrow.

Shaughnessy will have a scathing column tomorrow.

Life goes on.

David Wells on NESN Extra Innings ripping Manny. He says, "he better have a damn good excuse not that he wants another day off." He is a little peeved at Ramirez.

This contrasts to how Damon and Varitek spoke in the lockeroom after the game. They protected Manny. Now Wells may not have heard Tito as he had to go to the NESN studio so he may get a little slack, but he is running his mouth.

BABE RUTH

Curse of the Man-Rammer!! :mrgreen:

Imma tell you the truth here....

Manny Rameriez is a great RH hitter one of the best Ive ever had the chance to see....I just want him out of Beantown....the reason ,2 fold....He is a Yankee killer & You take away Manny Rameriez and the sox become the whitesox...absolute nobodys.

I would love nothing more then to see manny demand out of boston and get his way....the best player to dawn their jersey in 20 years and he wants out.

That is always good news in Yankee country.

David Wells on NESN Extra Innings ripping Manny. He says, "he better have a damn good excuse not that he wants another day off." He is a little peeved at Ramirez.

This contrasts to how Damon and Varitek spoke in the lockeroom after the game. They protected Manny. Now Wells may not have heard Tito as he had to go to the NESN studio so he may get a little slack, but he is running his mouth.

This is why I've always liked David Wells. He tells it like it is, he's not some dumbass with too much hair whose mouth is open 24/7. I don't see how a player could take all the crap that Manny comes up with. I'd be friggin disgusted.

I guarantee you the Wells in studio interview on NESN will not only make the Boston papers big time tomorrow, but it may get national ESPN coverage. He just let lose on a bunch of stuff about Manny and about his impending suspension.

Who is Wells to call out anyone? Didn't he pitch a game drunk? What an a-hole.

I'm w/GJH on this one. This years version of the Sox is so difficult to like. Last years Team - so loved. So liked. A fun loving bunch with a toughness you had to respect. This year? Besides Ortiz, Timlin, Mueller, V-tek, Damon and Wake - not so much.

Screw them. A class act organization that does things right is about 35 minutes south on I-95.

I'm w/GJH on this one. This years version of the Sox is so difficult to like. Last years Team - so loved. So liked. A fun loving bunch with a toughness you had to respect. This year? Besides Ortiz, Timlin, Mueller, V-tek, Damon and Wake - not so much.

Screw them. A class act organization that does things right is about 35 minutes south on I-95.

The Brockton Rox?

:lol:

That would be Rt.24 South.

Brockton was actually considering filing a law suit against the City of Boston for "stealing" their City's slogan of "Welcome to the City of Champions" (I guess Marvin Hagler and multitude of high school football championships gave them that idea).

You 'gotta love flying into Logan Airport. "City of Champions" signs everywhere. Driving into the Ted Williams Tunnel - "Welcome to Boston, home of the World Champion Red Sox." I would assume that would make the most die-hard NY sports fan puke. I like that, actually. :lol:

I'm still a Twins fan today, however. Although I'm curious to see what kind of stuff this Palpebon(sp?) kid has.

Didn't your entire team drink before the ALCS last yr?

Well...was still drunk from the night before....

Teapot....Meet kettle.

Didn't your entire team drink before the ALCS last yr?

Well...was still drunk from the night before....

Teapot....Meet kettle.

That would be Kevin Millar - and we all know how fond of am of that cowboy!

That would be Kevin Millar - and we all know how fond of am of that cowboy!

Now it was just Millar? Please....I read plenty of articals and quotes from Caveboy and many of your more respected sox players.

Millar was not the only guy....

I have no idea. I wasn't in the clubhouse. I do know that Millar is the idiot supreme - I take what he says and toss it away like I would the stories that come out of the mouth of Testeverde's biggest fan :wink: Anyway, that isn't the point. The point would be that those in glass houses should not throw stones. Wells' entire house is made of glass, I suspect.

Anyway - Ramirez is still a Red sox. He received a WELL DESERVED standing ovation when he came to the plate to pinch hit for Stern. 3-3 bottom of the eighth, two runners on - he hits a bloop single up the middle and gave the Sox a 4-3 lead going into the ninth.

So there - the best way to say FU to the scum Boston sports media and the Sox FO's smear campaign.

Guess I'm back on the wagon...... :lol:

Guess I'm back on the wagon...... :lol:

You & the rest of the fairweather Redsox fans....I find it pathetic you guys jumnped ship ,yet the same people bash Yankee fans for sticking behind Gimabi??

Thatsays alot about boston fans.

You & the rest of the fairweather Redsox fans....I find it pathetic you guys jumnped ship ,yet the same people bash Yankee fans for sticking behind Gimabi??

Thatsays alot about boston fans.

Not me. I was with Manny all the way. It was pure damage control after Luchino went on WEEI. Simple as that. Then you factor in Papelbon's first start (which by the way was a gutsy debut going 5.1 and 7Ks) and a couple of other trades and the spotlight is off him. Plus he hits in his at bat and speaks to the media afterwards. Shame on the Herald and LL for starting this sh*te.

Not me. I was with Manny all the way. It was pure damage control after Luchino went on WEEI. Simple as that. Then you factor in Papelbon's first start (which by the way was a gutsy debut going 5.1 and 7Ks) and a couple of other trades and the spotlight is off him. Plus he hits in his at bat and speaks to the media afterwards. Shame on the Herald and LL for starting this sh*te.

SJ....you of all the sox fans i know truly love the sox for being the sox.

I know who's what kind of fan,who's pulling my chain and who''s just a bandwagon fan...you are a legit sox fan.

The real deal.

Archived