Can you construct a better football team than this???

here is Blackout's team, one for the ages...

53 man roster

T Will Wolford

G Larry Allen

C Kevin Mawae

G Johnathon Ogdon

T Orlando Pace

WR 1 Jerry Rice

WR 2 Marvin Harrison

RB Walter Payton

FB Bronco Nugurski

TE Shannon Sharpe

QB: Peyton Manning

bench: Joe Montana, Otto Graham, Marshall Faulk, Emmit Smith. Jim Brown, Kellen Winslow, Don Mayard, Randy Moss, Isaac Bruce, Jim Otto, Winston Hill, Mike Webster

players: 23

Defense:

DE Deacon Jones

DT Mean Joe Greee

DT Bruce Smith

DE Reggie White

OLB Lawrence Taylor

ILB Dick Butkus

ILB Mike Singleterry

CB Champ Bailey

SS Ronnie Lot

FS Ed Reed

CB Deoin Sanders

bench players: Michael Strahan, John Randle, Randy White, Joe Klecko, Aaron Glenn, Ty Law, Jack Ham, Tombstone Jackson, Warran Sapp, Merlin Olson, Ray Lewis, Derrick Thomas, Osi Uminyora, William "fridge" Perry

players: 25

special teams:

Kicker: Adam Vinatieri

Punter: Curley Johnson

Kickoff returner: Devin Hester

Punt returner: Devin Hester/Pacman Jones (need a thug)

bench: Jason Elam

players: 5

HC: Paul Brown

Assistant: Tom Landry

O.C. Mike Martz

D.C. Bill Belichick

other staff coaches: Vince Lombardi, Bud Carson, Don Shula, George Hallas, Joe Gibbs, Weed Eubanks, Mike Shannahan, Herm Edwards (pre-game BBQ management) and Mike Ditka (a fine player himself)

Edited by Blackout

Jim Brown is on the bench? LOL. You've got yourself a team chemistry problem right there.

You are starting 2 ILB and 1 OLB. Bench Singletary and start Ham or Thomas. I also think White would be better at DT than Smith, but you can't really argue with either selection. You should edit it and spell Klecko's name right and Butkus while you're at it.

I like your team for the most part witha few exceptions:

Brady over Manning at QB

Willie Roaf over Orlando Pace at T

Ladainian Tomlinson over Walter Payton at RB (I know, it's close)

Also, Bruce Smith wasn't a DT.

originally i had LT over Jim Brown

Brady over MAnning??? Lolzzzzzz. That's silly.

Peyton Manning is better than Elway IMO but its VERY close.

Joe Montana and Elway are also very close

Otto Graham played in 10 championship games in 10 seasons (7 wins), that's in a universe of it's own. granted Elway was great.

Team 124

QB - Joe Montana

RB - Barry Sanders

FB - Larry Csonka

TE - Kellen Winslow

WR1 - Jerry Rice

WR2 - Lance Alworth

OT1 - Jonathan Ogden

OT2 - Anthony Munoz

OG1 - Larry Allen

OG2 - Gene Upshaw

C - Mike Webster

DE1 - Bruce Smith

DE2 - Deacon Jones

DT1 - Joe Green

DT2 - Alan Page

OLB1 - Lawrence Taylor

OLB2 - Derrick Johnson

MLB - Jack Lambert

CB1 - Mel Blount

CB2 - Deion Sanders

S1 - Ronnie Lott

S2 - Jack Tatum

K - Gary Anderson

P - Ray Guy

KR/PR - Devin Hester

Head Coach - Bill Walsh

Offensive Coordinator - Mike Martz

Defensive Coordinator - Bill Belichick

Edited by 124
Agreed, and also take Kellen Winslow off of the list. He has no business what's so ever. KC's Gonzales would be a lot better.

ARE YOU ****TING ME????

Kellen Winslow was the greatest Tight end our beautiful game ever saw.

during an overtime game he caught 13 passes and came off the field weighing 13 pounds less!

Agreed, and also take Kellen Winslow off of the list. He has no business what's so ever. KC's Gonzales would be a lot better.

Maybe you're thinking of Kellen Winslow Jr.? Who shouldn't be allowed to touch this post with a ten foot pole, Kellen Winslow Sr. on the other hand was an amazing player.

Team 124's reserves -- one per position

QB - Johnny Unitas

RB - Jim Brown

FB - Bronko Nagurski

WR3 - Cris Carter

WR4 - Randy Moss

TE - John Mackey

OT - Orlando Pace

OG - John Hannah

C - Mel Hein

DE - Reggie White

DT - Warren Sapp

OLB - Jack Ham

ILB - Dick Butkus

CB - Dick "Night Train" Lane

S - Ken Houston

Edited by 124
many of those guys are on my team son

don't steal them.

That's why I didn't bother. I think I could construct a team that would easily beat yours, but probably not without using any of your players. IMO, your construction sucks. You are carrying five half backs when you have Brown and Payton? Those guys are iron men. WTF are Emmit and Faulk going to do? Carry the Gatorade? You only have 2 reserve O lineman and 2 CBs as reserve DBs. Glenn and Sanders are dainty things and Law would be a fat and lazy reserve. I'd rather have Blount and an extra safety, but that's just me. In fact, Lott played some corner so you might be better off with 2 more safeties.

This is why I used to like playing Madden. I would try to build my team with Earl Campbell, Ken Burroughs, Roger Carr, Bert Jones, Neil Lomax, Lem Barney, Otis Sistrunk, Curly Culp. Guys like that. You can keep Bob Avellini and Mike Phipps though. My cousin used to get mad cause it took so long to load my team and then his kid would whip his ass with them.

Excuse me, but you asked to a put a better team out there and I did. It said nothing about you cannot take some of the players on your list. Nothing at all.

Ya fail.

Belichick coaching a 4-3 team? You're ****ed 124!

Edited by #27TheDominator

i carry several positions

now, the topic was not to "take this team and make it better"

it was "build a team that can beat this"....and ofcourse 124 if my players are on my team they won't play for yours.

LT Jonathan Ogdon

LG John Hannah

C Dwight Stephenson

RG Larry Allen

RT Bob Brown

TE John Mackey

WR Jerry Rice

WR Lance Alworth

RB - Gale Sayers

FB - Jim Brown

QB - Peyton Manning

LDE - Deacon Jones

LDT - Joe Greene

RDT - Warran Sapp

RDE - Bruce Smith

LLB - Bobby Bell

MLB - Dick Butkus

RLB - Lawrence Taylor

LCB - Herb Adderley

RCB - Deoin Sanders

SS - Ken Houston

FS - Ed Reed

LT Jonathan Ogdon

LG John Hannah

C Dwight Stephenson

RG Larry Allen

RT Bob Brown

TE John Mackey

WR Jerry Rice

WR Lance Alworth

RB - Gale Sayers

FB - Jim Brown

QB - Peyton Manning

LDE - Deacon Jones

LDT - Joe Greene

RDT - Warran Sapp

RDE - Bruce Smith

LLB - Bobby Bell

MLB - Dick Butkus

RLB - Lawrence Taylor

LCB - Herb Adderley

RCB - Deoin Sanders

SS - Ken Houston

FS - Ed Reed

again, LT is out of position in a 4-3 D!!

Are you kidding? I'm sure LT would be utterly useless next to Butkus in a 4-3. Better bench him.

I didn't say "utterly useless". I said out of position! He thrived in the 3-4! It's a fact! practically created the pass rushing linebacker.

I didn't say "utterly useless". I said out of position! He thrived in the 3-4! It's a fact! practically created the pass rushing linebacker.

You are absolutely correct. I have always said this. And it wasn't just 3-4 vs 4-3. It was the way the Giants used him. He rushed the passer on 90% of passing plays. He wasn't a blitzing LB. He was the fourth rusher. Rushing four guys is not blitzing. He was essentially a stand up DE. KC used Derrick Thomas the same way.

LT was not a classic LB. I consider Bobby Bell the best all around outside linebacker that ever played. Jack Ham, Ted Hendricks, Dave Wilcox, Derrick Brooks were all great all around outside LBers. George Webster may have been the best ever, but his prime was cut short by a severe knee injury.

All of that said, when you make an all time defensive team, you have to have LT on it. And technically, he was a linebacker.

You are absolutely correct. I have always said this. And it wasn't just 3-4 vs 4-3. It was the way the Giants used him. He rushed the passer on 90% of passing plays. He wasn't a blitzing LB. He was the fourth rusher. Rushing four guys is not blitzing. He was essentially a stand up DE. KC used Derrick Thomas the same way.

LT was not a classic LB. I consider Bobby Bell the best all around outside linebacker that ever played. Jack Ham, Ted Hendricks, Dave Wilcox, Derrick Brooks were all great all around outside LBers. George Webster may have been the best ever, but his prime was cut short by a severe knee injury.

All of that said, when you make an all time defensive team, you have to have LT on it. And technically, he was a linebacker.

I agree completely. LT was sent almost constantly. However, that doesn't mean he also wasn't one of the all time great LBs. He could do everything and do it very well. An athlete like LT would excel however you used him. I don't disagree with Bobby that he was a 3-4 rush LB, but IMO he'd still be the best OLB (I've seen) in a 4-3. To pick a team to compete with black out I'd have to use plenty of guys that I haven't seen play.

I agree completely. LT was sent almost constantly. However, that doesn't mean he also wasn't one of the all time great LBs. He could do everything and do it very well. An athlete like LT would excel however you used him. I don't disagree with Bobby that he was a 3-4 rush LB, but IMO he'd still be the best OLB (I've seen) in a 4-3. To pick a team to compete with black out I'd have to use plenty of guys that I haven't seen play.

Yes, you have to have LT on any all time team, as a linebacker, even though he was not used as a classic OLB.

You want to talk about an athlete? I wish you younger guys could have seen Bobby Bell of the 60s - 70s KC Chiefs. His coach, Hank Stram, said Bell would excel at ANY position, including QB. Yes, 22 positions!!! He was that talented. In addition to playing on every down as a periennial All Pro LB, he played on all of the special teams. And he may have been the best special teams player of all time. Besides being a tackling machine that could shed huge blockers and run down the fastest returners, he returned an onside kick back for a TD. Twice in his career.