Anyone knows what's going on with Ty Law? Last i heard he worked out with the Jets months ago and I haven't heard anything since. Now i know a lot of you are going to say that Law isn't much of a player any more, but he's a lot better then what we have. Darrell Revis Job would be a little easier if he had someone of equal vaule oppisite him.

Anyone knows what's going on with Ty Law? Last i heard he worked out with the Jets months ago and I haven't heard anything since. Now i know a lot of you are going to say that Law isn't much of a player any more, but he's a lot better then what we have. Darrell Revis Job would be a little easier if he had someone of equal vaule oppisite him.

Last thing I heard was Cleveland saying about a month ago that he was asking for too much money. Apparently it's too much money for everybody.

Teams are probably waiting him out and hoping he'll drop his price. As a vet he is probably waiting through camp hoping somebody gets desperate or at least saving him the trouble of slogging through camp. What it probably means is that he'll sign somewhere late in summer, be a fat tub of goo, have a bunch a nagging injuries and the season will end just as he's rounding into shape.

Darrell Revis Job would be a little easier if he had someone of equal vaule oppisite him.

You lost me here. What does Ty Law have to do with having someone of equal value to Revis playing opposite him?

When all is said and done he'll end up in New England. It would be great for the Jets to be able to sign him, but I don't see it happening. He wants to win and New England is most "Super Bowl ready" of the three teams courting him.

When all is said and done he'll end up in New England. It would be great for the Jets to be able to sign him, but I don't see it happening. He wants to win and New England is most "Super Bowl ready" of the three teams courting him.

problem is that Ty is a clubhouse lawyer and dick :bag:

problem is that Ty is a clubhouse lawyer and dick :bag:

Who holds the Jets record for interceptions in a season, even while playing over weight. I'll gladly take him as our #2 Corner. Right now its either going to be Justin Miller, David Barrett or Hank Poteat. You're telling me you'd want any of those three guys over Law? I wouldn't.

Who holds the Jets record for interceptions in a season, even while playing over weight. I'll gladly take him as our #2 Corner. Right now its either going to be Justin Miller, David Barrett or Hank Poteat. You're telling me you'd want any of those three guys over Law? I wouldn't.

on a great team thats fine,,but for our team his positives maybe dont outweigh the crap he brings to the young kids..shiiity work ethic etc

on a great team thats fine,,but for our team his positives maybe dont outweigh the crap he brings to the young kids..shiiity work ethic etc

i think he would be fine on are team as long as he stays healthy... i wish we could get mickens back.. that would be nice

He's that way because Herman Edward allowed him to become that in New York and Kansas City. Romeo Crennell, Bill Belichick or Eric Mangini will not deal with his crap and will turn him right around, back into shape. One of the best Corners to ever play and I'd love to have our young ones learn from him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 124 viewpost.gif

This is the same point i was trying to make. we only have one good corner and one good safety. the backfield is one sided. now imagine how D.R. would benefit from having a mentor instead of him being the only good corner we have. I know I'm all over the map here but in the off season the Jets neglected so key areas. if we stop the run this year that would be a move in the right direction, but teams will just start airing it out on us, and us as jets fans know how that always turn out.

I wouldn't mind Law coming back for a 2nd go round with the Jets. I think in addition to starting at CB he'd be a good mentor to our young secondary. Like to see him coach here after he retires as well.