Giaints announce PSL fee structure today

Kentucky Jet

When the team was 4 and 12 the season was over. You might have showed up for week one of the postseason but the Jets weren't playing. That is why it was so empty.

Damn newbie. :)

I guess I am one of those rich bastards, who goes to every pre-season game, every regular season game and stays till the game clock goes to 0.

I sure hope to hell there are no more fans like me in the new stadium. That would suck.

BZ

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I am one of those rich bastards, who goes to every pre-season game, every regular season game and stays till the game clock goes to 0.

I sure hope to hell there are no more fans like me in the new stadium. That would suck.

BZ

Loser.

BZ

What year did you get tickets? I bet I have missed less games than you in that time frame.

Me and tailgaters from JI. We are hardcore. That's -- realtalk.

Barack Obama is the Cause of Your Ticket Price Increase

By JetMoses

That article might cause less long term pain. The one I just put on the front page is going to make the Jets revoke our press passes.

:character0293:

Shocking!

Thank you for breaking that story.

Remember in the 90's when they said Yankee stadium was falling apart? I think Claudell Washington had a 2nd cousin hit by a piece of falling plaster. It was on the back page of the NY Post.

Good thing they are tearing it down now.

Yes there are problems. But I blame the NJSEA for not ensuring the best facility possible. It is a joke that a stadium that is 30 years old has broken speakers so we cant hear the announcer or ref. Its a joke that an escalator breaks and injures people.

The Vet opened in 1971. and there werent whole sections collapsing. It was a support railing and 8 people were hurt.

Dodger stadium is in awesome condition and it is 46 years old. Why? It is maintained well.

Also dont forget before the Giants/Jets wanted a new stadium, the Giants were looking to renovate Giants Stadium at a cost of 300 million...

An escalator, which is a mechanical part, malfunctions and the stadium is falling apart? If an elevator gets stuck in the new stadium, Bit will be calling for the thing to be demolished and will gladly pay another PSL for the newer new staduim.

An escalator, which is a mechanical part, malfunctions and the stadium is falling apart? If an elevator gets stuck in the new stadium, Bit will be calling for the thing to be demolished and will gladly pay another PSL for the newer new staduim.

the elevator will be for the rich people. It will never break.

If the Jets had been able to get a stadium built in NYC (assuming that was their intention all along), would the Giants still be building a new stadium?

Nope. They probably would have looked into renovating Giants Stadium, alot like the Bears did with Soldier Field.

BTW great article.

If the Jets had been able to get a stadium built in NYC (assuming that was their intention all along), would the Giants still be building a new stadium?

If the Jets had built a stadium in NYC (which I was all for by the way) it would have cost them about 1.8 BILLION dollars, all to themselves.

Don't dare imagine what PSLs and ticket prices would look like at that point.

BZ

What year did you get tickets? I bet I have missed less games than you in that time frame.

Me and tailgaters from JI. We are hardcore. That's -- realtalk.

Your inside "JI" jokes are lost on me. Please take them to the lounge.

BZ

Yes they would. The Giants began discussing remodeling the old stadium in January 2001, then the ownership of the stadium and other issues clouded the situation. They then began discussing it again in May 2003 and also included a new stadium in July 2004. At that time the Jets Manhattan Stadium was still a possibility.

The Jets hope of a new stadium died in June 2005 and came to an agreement with the Giants in Sept 2005.

And as BZ said, if the Jets built the West Side Stadium, the PSL's would be out of this world. The price tag back in 2005 was 1.4 billion- new giant stadium- 700 million. So West side would be about 2.2 billion these days at least.

And as BZ said, if the Jets built the West Side Stadium, the PSL's would be out of this world. The price tag back in 2005 was 1.4 billion- new giant stadium- 700 million. So West side would be about 2.2 billion these days at least.

The WSS would have been a TON of money.

The upside, is that we would have been able to get a Super Bowl, done the Final Four and other things like Convention Expansion, so unlike the new Jets/Giants stadium it could have been used year round.

BZ

The upside, is that we would have been able to get a Super Bowl, done the Final Four and other things like Convention Expansion, so unlike the new Jets/Giants stadium it could have been used year round.

BZ

Plus NY tax dollars would have stayed in NY. Let's not underestimate that.

Plus NY tax dollars would have stayed in NY. Let's not underestimate that.

But wouldn't NJ Tax dollars have gone to NY?

Building in NJ is better for NY residents, as NJ residents are paying for our new stadium! Whoo hoo!

BZ

But wouldn't NJ Tax dollars have gone to NY?

Building in NJ is better for NY residents, as NJ residents are paying for our new stadium! Whoo hoo!

BZ

NJ people don't have any money. We are all on welfare. So there are no tax dollars. Have you not read any of the PSL Whining threads? :character0282:

NJ people don't have any money. We are all on welfare. So there are no tax dollars. Have you not read any of the PSL Whining threads? :character0282:

A little more "whinging" than "whining" but yes, I have been reading.

I think it is time to start the "Take your poor New Jersey Jet Fan to a game" program.

BZ

Why can't people afford PSL's I don't get it. What is a lousy grand or two here and there?

If you're not going to spend money on the finer things in life than what is the point? Do you want to all live in a communist dictatorship like cuba?

You people are the same ones who whine and cry about 'high oil prices'. waahaahaha. Try reading a book on the free market.

The market rewards risktakers and those who work to improve themselves! It is a fantastic system, the best in the world!

A little more "whinging" than "whining" but yes, I have been reading.

I think it is time to start the "Take your poor New Jersey Jet Fan to a game" program.

BZ

Pick me, pick me. Please pick me.

Why can't people afford PSL's I don't get it. What is a lousy grand or two here and there?

If you're not going to spend money on the finer things in life than what is the point? Do you want to all live in a communist dictatorship like cuba?

You people are the same ones who whine and cry about 'high oil prices'. waahaahaha. Try reading a book on the free market.

The market rewards risktakers and those who work to improve themselves! It is a fantastic system, the best in the world!

My seats (Mezz - end zone) were listed on the survey as $12,000 each. I have 4 seats. That is a bit more than a lousy grand or two.

What section do you sit in?

I put you on the list, right below Sean who runs JetsInsider.com. :)

BZ

That's okay I appreciate being second. Besides that wouldn't be the first time I woke up underneath him. (Long story and let's just say I was young and naive in the ways of the world. Also, I needed the money, lol).

PSL's may've been more on a WSS, or maybe not. Because of all of this year round use, and the fact that the Jets would've been splitting that additional income with no one. The fact that a Manhattan stadium would've attracted even higher naming rights fees (again, not split). The Jets would've gotten a significantly larger amount of income from the WSS than they will from Giants Stadium II.

And the Jets would've been the highest valued franchise in the NFL, as opposed to being the only team in the league that's the second team in it's own stadium.

I admit, they probably would've been higher. Because they could've gotten away with it. But it's not a given.

That's okay I appreciate being second. Besides that wouldn't be the first time I woke up underneath him. (Long story and let's just say I was young and naive in the ways of the world. Also, I needed the money, lol).

Well, with the PSL's you'll need to pay for your seats, you may need to give him a call and "catch up on old times" again :)

Archived