Anyone have a GPS unit?

madmike1

I don't but my mother in law has a Garmen. It's pretty much the most worthless POS I've ever seen. Five minutes of driving with it and I was ready to throw it out the window. If it was mine I would have for sure. :)

I don't but my mother in law has a Garmen. It's pretty much the most worthless POS I've ever seen. Five minutes of driving with it and I was ready to throw it out the window. If it was mine I would have for sure. :)

What was so awful about it?

What was so awful about it?

The voice was like nails on a chalkboard. The directions seem to come as you were half way through the street you were supposed to turn on. Then to top things off, when we were in the middle of the city, the thing just completely lost all signal.

The voice was like nails on a chalkboard. The directions seem to come as you were half way through the street you were supposed to turn on. Then to top things off, when we were in the middle of the city, the thing just completely lost all signal.
Hmm. I wonder if all GPS units have those problems or if was just that model or maybe it was the area...

I bought my mother a Garmin for Christmas, its an older model and it works great. Garmin's are good because you get updates for free. The best I can tell you is to do the research and read user reviews. The best ones are Garmin and Tom Tom IMO.

Looks good but kinda pricey IMO. Really all depends on what features you want, I got one with bluetooth so she can pair it with her phone. NUVI 350 is the model, it was about 250$ last year, so I'm sure you can find it cheaper.

Looks good but kinda pricey IMO. Really all depends on what features you want, I got one with bluetooth so she can pair it with her phone. NUVI 350 is the model, it was about 250$ last year, so I'm sure you can find it cheaper.

I want the bigger screen...

Archived