Offical YANKEES VS METS WEEKEND THREAD!

Jetkid94

HOW COME WERE UP 9-0 AND WE DIDNT BRING ROBERTSON IN THE PEN???????????????????? HE SHOULDVE BEEN IN THE PEN AND GOT AN INNING OR TWO IN! All I HEAR IS HE IS SHUTDOWN IN TRIPLE A, AND COULDE MADE THE TEAM WHEN THE YEAR STARTS.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having braved the Shea parking lot today after the thunderstorm, crazy idea-next time you build are parking lot, Wilpons, USE A GODDAMN LEVEL!

Can anyone explain the delay at the opening of the game? The Mets are such utter incompetents. The game was delayed 1/2 hour because of ...nothing? Then during a thunderstrom, they channel everyone toward the Mets team store instead of just letting you leave. Whichw would be bad enough, but you're getting rained on and there's lightining.

A solid, decent win. Mets are a AAA affiliate-Easley batting 2nd, Tatis 5th. What the eff are they spending their money on? Delgado and Castillo should be arrested for stealing.

Speaking of "GOODNESS GRACIOUS" Giambi hit that huge Bud sign in right field above the scoreboard about 5 or 6 times in BP. He's making a modest extension s strong possibility.

Speaking of "GOODNESS GRACIOUS" Giambi hit that huge Bud sign in right field above the scoreboard about 5 or 6 times in BP. He's making a modest extension s strong possibility.

Is that right:)

Speaking of stealing money, Beltran looks like a shell of a man that played for Houston.

He's really not that good

Dare I say Santana hasn't delivered any value yet? Or is that still out of bounds ?

I admit I expected better from Santana, especially in the National League, but him not winning a game since June 1st isn't all his fault. The Mets give the guy no run support, their batters suck.

Dare I say Santana hasn't delivered any value yet? Or is that still out of bounds ?

Are you kidding? Has the guy even had a bad start? Far as I can remember he has never gone less than 6 or given up more than 4. Can't blame him that they don't score runs. Unless you expected him to hit too.

Kinda hard to fault a guy whos' trying to win with a lineup as weak as Tatis, Easley, Castro, Delgado and Andy Phillips. And even with Easley and Castro having decent ABs, then the stupidity of Jose Reyes getting picked off 2nd with Wright at bat. That kind of stupidity is why Reyes is very talented, but not a very smart player. He should've been yanked form the game for doing something so dumb. And same thing happened Friday night-Ponson is walking the stadium, and Reyes goes up there lunging at the first pitch, popping out. He may be the most physically talented player in MLB, but he's also one of the dumbest.

Heard a rumor yesterday that Castillo was signed as a favor to Santana;I have no idea if it's true or not. But at the prices Santana is getting, that's a disgrace if true.

Why are the Yankees the only team in the league that makes this piece of ****, Perez look like Cy Young. Every other team in the league beats the crap out of him. The guy is a proven piece of ****, and yet we still can't score on him, and have 1 hit thus far.

Oliver Perez is a ''big game pitcher'', the Mets announcers said so, so it must be true. :bag:

Jose Reyes is a big baby

Yeah, now Mets fans should understand why I compare him to the Yankees 18 year old prospect, Jose Tabata. They whine, and cry too damn much, and don't play the game, but there is a difference. Tabata is only 18, you expect that from him, kind of. Reyes is just a baby, and has been one his whole life, and it's time for him to grow up.

Oliver Perez is a ''big game pitcher'', the Mets announcers said so, so it must be true. :bag:

I was watching the TBS feed for a bit, and there was an at bat by Castillo where got an infield single up the middle. The announcers were saying that Jeter is probably the only SS in the league who can get to that ball.

What a bunch of dopes.

I was watching the TBS feed for a bit, and there was an at bat by Castillo where got an infield single up the middle. The announcers were saying that Jeter is probably the only SS in the league who can get to that ball.

What a bunch of dopes.

WHy the male infatuation with Jeter?

He's great, has 4 rings, and more to come

What a bunch of dopes.

Hater

Why are the Yankees the only team in the league that makes this piece of ****, Perez look like Cy Young. Every other team in the league beats the crap out of him. The guy is a proven piece of ****, and yet we still can't score on him, and have 1 hit thus far.

Perez just has the Yankees number.

Another tough loss for Rasner. Pitched well once again and had to take another loss because the lineup refuses to ht for him.

we might be garbage, but we're still closer to a playoff spot.

By how much? Like a game? Two maybe? Thats the National League for you.

BTW, I have 1-800-555-TELL. I called that during work on Friday for updates on the afternoon game and it told me the Yankees won 15-6. I get home from work they're up 6-0 and I'm all excited to see them win both games and then the announcers talk about how they got crushed ealier in the day. What the hell. Someone needs to update the software there.:Typotux:

Perez just has the Yankees number.

Another tough loss for Rasner. Pitched well once again and had to take another loss because the lineup refuses to ht for him.

Abreu, Giambi and Cano were given the day off. I think the team played well despite missing some big guns.

Rasner pitched well againHUH? The guy has been lit up to over 6 ERA over the last 5 or 6 starts. It is only the continued inability of the Mets to get clutch hits that kept him close.

Mets won season series from yanks by the way.

BTW, I have 1-800-555-TELL. I called that during work on Friday for updates on the afternoon game and it told me the Yankees won 15-6. I get home from work they're up 6-0 and I'm all excited to see them win both games and then the announcers talk about how they got crushed ealier in the day. What the hell. Someone needs to update the software there.:Typotux:

boy, thats a crusher... thinking you kicked ass and find out it was the mets... at least you had the nightcap to make you feel better.

I admit I expected better from Santana, especially in the National League, but him not winning a game since June 1st isn't all his fault. The Mets give the guy no run support, their batters suck.

but everybody said he was great and was going to win 25 games for the mets... glad I took the under on that...

Whether he gets run support or not, he isnt pitching well enough for them to win that game. not acceptable.

long road ahead for the mets. and yankees.

Archived