Offical YANKEES VS METS WEEKEND THREAD!

Jetkid94

While Santana has not lived up to the hype, he is doing better than his record would indicate.

He has a 3.01 ERA, has 103 K's, and has pitcherd alot of innings, and if he had some run support in a few games, he'd have a better record as well.

In 3 of his past five games he had ERs of either 3 or less (not counting the Seattle game where he only had 1 ER though 5 were scored).

I'm still happy with the trade and still think it will work out best in the long run for the team, especially if the offense improves.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been saying the Mets are not that good- what does that say about the yanks to lose 4 out of 6 to them?

If you want to make those types of comparisons, the Mets got swept by the Padres . One of, if not the worst team in baseball. So, try again.

but everybody said he was great and was going to win 25 games for the mets... glad I took the under on that...

Whether he gets run support or not, he isnt pitching well enough for them to win that game. not acceptable.

long road ahead for the mets. and yankees.

There really is a good chance that both these New York teams will not make the playoffs. Both teams have their share of problems, and are no way playing like a contender. You Mets fans always say that you've got a better chance of making the playoffs since you're closer this very moment, but really, I think the teams have an equal chance of making it, or missing it.

There really is a good chance that both these New York teams will not make the playoffs. Both teams have their share of problems, and are no way playing like a contender. You Mets fans always say that you've got a better chance of making the playoffs since you're closer this very moment, but really, I think the teams have an equal chance of making it, or missing it.

deep down mets fans know we arent making the playoffs. just nice that with how lousy the season has been and all the turmoil, we are still 3 games out.

and no, neither team is making the post season.

deep down mets fans know we arent making the playoffs. just nice that with how lousy the season has been and all the turmoil, we are still 3 games out.

and no, neither team is making the post season.

That's what I said. I said both teams have an equal chance of making it or missing it. I don't believe either are making it, unless an injury happens to Boston, Tampa, or Philly.

Uhhhh... Have you ever listened to the Yankee announcers. Papa and Mama Yank on 880 and team snooze on YES.

It seems like you're claiming one is better then the other, when both our announcers equally suck, just like our baseball teams. The only announcer I like listening to on YES is Singleton. All your announcers are idiots though, I actually heard one of them say, "why you would let someone bunt when he's 4 for 4 is beyond me" or w/e while they were up 9-5. Did that idiot ever hear of insurance runs? I'm guessing no. It turns out the final score I think was 9-8 with the Mets losing, I guess the team the Mets lost to wouldn't want that insurance run, because that idiot announcer for the Mets acts like he knows everything, while he knows nothing.

I don't know who that idiot was, but he needs to be put out of the job, if he has no concept of insurance runs, or smart baseball whatsoever.

Besides, you don't see the Yankee announcers saying that Ponson is a big game pitcher now, do you? They know he's pure trash, your station's announcer doesn't know enough baseball to know that Perez is trash.

Are we going to argue about announcers now ? Give me a break. You Met fans want to tell me this team is better than the Yankees. Hey, I'll be the first one to tell you that our pitching sucks. It needs to improve if this team is to make it to postseason. Our offense will mash the brains out of the Mets everyday of the week. You Met fans seem to forget that your team is pretty much the same one that got a visit from the Chokeasaurus Rex at the end of last year. The disention within the team is clear. You have a STUPID general manager who signs players according to how well they dance. Willie was NOT the problem. So if you want to tell us how much better you are than the Yankees, save it. Even you guys can't be stupid enough to believe that.

Are we going to argue about announcers now ? Give me a break. You Met fans want to tell me this team is better than the Yankees. Hey, I'll be the first one to tell you that our pitching sucks. It needs to improve if this team is to make it to postseason. Our offense will mash the brains out of the Mets everyday of the week. You Met fans seem to forget that your team is pretty much the same one that got a visit from the Chokeasaurus Rex at the end of last year. The disention within the team is clear. You have a STUPID general manager who signs players according to how well they dance. Willie was NOT the problem. So if you want to tell us how much better you are than the Yankees, save it. Even you guys can't be stupid enough to believe that.

There's no question that the Yankees are far and away the better team, the fact that they've got a better record, in a tougher division. If the Yankees were in the National League East, and had to face teams like the Marlins, and Nats 36 times a year, the Yankees would win that division by about 10 games.

The biggest problem the Yankees have is hitting with RISP. It's been like this for at least 4 years now. Its a joke.

Even if the Yankees make the playoffs, they will be bounced in the first round with the way this lineup is constructed.

Rasner certainly wasnt the problem yesterday. They got quality starts 3 out of the 4 games against the Mets.

If you want to make those types of comparisons, the Mets got swept by the Padres . One of, if not the worst team in baseball. So, try again.

I have to chime in to keep some balance to all the Yank fans here-I also know how to get people riled up- I learned from the best-Garb.

You Met fans want to tell me this team is better than the Yankees. Hey, I'll be the first one to tell you that our pitching sucks. It needs to improve if this team is to make it to postseason. Our offense will mash the brains out of the Mets everyday of the week. You Met fans seem to forget that your team is pretty much the same one that got a visit from the Chokeasaurus Rex at the end of last year. The disention within the team is clear. You have a STUPID general manager who signs players according to how well they dance. Willie was NOT the problem. So if you want to tell us how much better you are than the Yankees, save it. Even you guys can't be stupid enough to believe that.

What mets fan said we're better than the Yankees? certainly not me. both teams have major problems and flaws that will prevent them from being successful.

but the facts are simple. we beat you 4 out of 6 games. We are closer to a playoff spot.

Time for Yankee fans to shut up and sit down until your team decides whether or not it wants to compete.

and this is one mets fan who doesnt care if the yankees have a better team. You're not my rival and we arent competing against you.

There's no question that the Yankees are far and away the better team, the fact that they've got a better record, in a tougher division. If the Yankees were in the National League East, and had to face teams like the Marlins, and Nats 36 times a year, the Yankees would win that division by about 10 games.

so does that mean we can take some credit away from the Yankees in their recent run of 1st place dominance since they had to play the lowly D-Rays, Blue Jays, and Orioles?

so does that mean we can take some credit away from the Yankees in their recent run of 1st place dominance since they had to play the lowly D-Rays, Blue Jays, and Orioles?

In what world were the Blue Jays lowly these last couple of seasons? One year they even got past Boston and won second place in the AL East. In 1996 what team was that, that the Yankees knocked out of the postseason? Wasn't that Baltimore? Tampa Bay has always sucked until now. Boston has been consistently good as well. Comparing the AL East, and the NL East is crazy, even people who don't watch the game know the AL East is a better division.

I mean that NL East division is so bad, the Marlins, a 20 million dollar team is in 2nd, and what? A half a game behind Philly? That division is pathetic. If you would like to switch divisions, I'd be more then happy to do that, and I would bet if the Yankees were in that division they'd almost have 60 wins already, even with all the problems they've got.

Archived