PS3 on track to ovetake 360 soon...

ECURB

http://vgchartz.com/

Wii is crazy... but obviously a wider audience...

Wii - 28 million in 18 months - 1.5 million per month avg

360 - 19 million in 30 months - .63 million per month avg

PS3 - 14 million in 18 months - .77 million per month avg

Metal Gear Solid is selling a ton of copies and more PS3 users play online becuase its free...

wii-schmii.

No Blue-Ray, no HD...no thanks.

Don't hate on the Wii, it's an incredible system. If my PS3 wasn't brand new, I would probably still prefer to play Mario Kart than anything they have to offer on the PS3.

Most people already own a DVD player. Besides, what are you buying? A gaming system or a dvd player?

exactly, all these people talking about all these doodads and extra features forgot the fact that they're buying a gaming system. It's about what system has the most enjoyable games to you.

exactly, all these people talking about all these doodads and extra features forgot the fact that they're buying a gaming system. It's about what system has the most enjoyable games to you.

The PS3 is the cheapest Blu-ray to support BD 2.0. So there are many people that buy that just for Blu-rays. I don't see my console(s) as pure gaming consoles, I use those extra features just as much. Like, for instance, my 360 is my DVD player on one TV, PS3 is the Blu-Ray player on the 1080p TV. I can use a PS3 as a total home entertainment system, movies games and music. I see that as better value than the Wii.

But, I agree to an extent. If the PS3 had crappy games, and I favored the Wii's games, I'd probably have one right now.

Don't hate on the Wii, it's an incredible system. If my PS3 wasn't brand new, I would probably still prefer to play Mario Kart than anything they have to offer on the PS3.

Its not that incredible when you really break it down... there is nothing the wii does that the PS3 or 360 cant do... PS3 already does most of it... its just a matter of people making game to utilize it.. I play bowling on my PS3 with motion sensing just like you would on the Wii...

The Wii is an upgraded gamecube and they are already trying to think of whats next becuase the gimmick is growing old...

With the 360 and PS3 you get all the games and MORE... why would you settle for less?

With the 360 and PS3 you get all the games and MORE... why would you settle for less?

Some people might not be able to afford a 360 or PS3 and/or might not need or be able to use those features. The Wii appeals to a different (larger) audience than that of the PS3/360 and is much more family-oriented.

What I'm getting at is some things are for some and not for others, but just because it isn't the best for you doesn't mean you should bash it. The Wii has a load of first-party exclusives. The graphics don't mean all that much, especially to children, if the gameplay is appealing.

By the way, the PS3 does not utilize motion controls to the extent of the Wii. Although that might change. The Wii's graphics might be that of an improved Gamecube's, but the control mechanics are definitely not. Just saying, even if I prefer a PS3 and do not even have a Wii.

Its not that incredible when you really break it down... there is nothing the wii does that the PS3 or 360 cant do... PS3 already does most of it... its just a matter of people making game to utilize it.. I play bowling on my PS3 with motion sensing just like you would on the Wii...

The Wii is an upgraded gamecube and they are already trying to think of whats next becuase the gimmick is growing old...

The gimmick is growing old yet they're nearly outselling the PS3 and 360 combined? That's one hell of a problem to have I tell ya.

So far, the ps3 has one game that I want to play. And that isn't enough to but it for me. The 360 and Wii are just that much better to me. I'm not someone who gives a **** about bluray or HD or any of that nonsense. I'm a fan of substance over style.

So far, the ps3 has one game that I want to play. And that isn't enough to but it for me. The 360 and Wii are just that much better to me. I'm not someone who gives a **** about bluray or HD or any of that nonsense. I'm a fan of substance over style.

The main reason I picked the PS3 over the 360 is because of the future. The PS3 can and will overtake the 360 in the very near future and I didn't want to be stuck having to buy it after I had already bought a 360.

The main reason I picked the PS3 over the 360 is because of the future. The PS3 can and will overtake the 360 in the very near future and I didn't want to be stuck having to buy it after I had already bought a 360.

I have to play the xbox 360 exclusives that come out, no way I'm not playing fable 2 and kotor 3.

http://vgchartz.com/

Wii is crazy... but obviously a wider audience...

Wii - 28 million in 18 months - 1.5 million per month avg

360 - 19 million in 30 months - .63 million per month avg

PS3 - 14 million in 18 months - .77 million per month avg

Metal Gear Solid is selling a ton of copies and more PS3 users play online becuase its free...

meh, these numbers really don't mean a thing as they are, lets see month to month numbers, lets see the 360 numbers in the first 18 months. Lets take japan out of the equation and lets look at the US numbers.

meh, these numbers really don't mean a thing as they are, lets see month to month numbers, lets see the 360 numbers in the first 18 months. Lets take japan out of the equation and lets look at the US numbers.

Why? Because Japan's sales benefit Sony's overall sales, and are therefore invalid? Is it because Sony is located in Japan?

Seriously, that just makes no sense. Why don'y we take out Europe then too, it'll make the 360's numbers look even better, seeing as the PS3 is outselling the 360 across the pond 2:1. Saying those numbers mean nothing because they only tell global sales is ridiculous.

Except for about 10 AWESOME exclusive games...

Let me know when it does, thanks.

You asked for it...

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=150

The PS3 sold more units faster than the 360... duh... thats why its on pace to overtake it even though its a year behind...

Please tell me what the 360 has that the PS3 doesnt.

It has expensive online play access, and PS3 doesn't have that... lol

:rl: For real. Their arrogance amazes me. Lets see, our two competitors both have free online play. What should we do? I know!! Lets charge their a$$es to play ours. Sounds like freakin' JI to me. And before someone tries to say how superior the 360's online is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with either Nintendo's or Sony's free online play.

:rl: For real. Their arrogance amazes me. Lets see, our two competitors both have free online play. What should we do? I know!! Lets charge their a$$es to play ours. Sounds like freakin' JI to me. And before someone tries to say how superior the 360's online is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with either Nintendo's or Sony's free online play.

After tomorrow, the 360's online has nothing on the PS3's. Firmware 2.4 is coming tomorrow, with it is in-game XMB and trophies. Trophies are sort of like achievements but more detailed, different tiers get you different points which go toward a level. Go to IGN for their preview of it, or watch the video walkthroughs off somewhere.

Examples?

Resistance 2, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, SOCOM:Confrontation, the other SOCOM game, God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII, Motorstorm 2,

vs

Fable 2, Too Human, Gears of War 2, Left for Dead, Alan Wake, KOTOR 3, Forza 2.

PS3 wins in every category except Western RPG's, in my opinion. There are a few secret games in the making, one that is supposed to look amazing according to some BBC reporter, etc. Rumor is that's Heavy Rain, but you can't be too certain.

Ill compare for you MadMike

Here are the bigger name exclusives for the 360 and PS3

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3

Forza Motorsport 2

Gears of War 2

Halo 3

Project Gotham Racing 4

PS3

Final Fantasy XIII

God of War III

Gran Turismo 5

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier

Killzone 2

LittleBigPlanet

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

NBA 09

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Resistance 2

SingStar Vol. 2

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Tekken 6

Twisted Metal

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Warhawk

Your losing ground... lol

The PS3 outsold the 360 if you compare the first 18 months

The PS3 now has in game XMB.... a trophy system that beats achievements and in game music...

The PS3 has more and better exclusives in the pipeline

The PS3 has the hottest game out right now... and has more games coming in the next year...

The PS3 looks better, sounds better, does more, and has free online with more features to come...

Ill compare for you MadMike

Here are the bigger name exclusives for the 360 and PS3

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3

Forza Motorsport 2

Gears of War 2

Halo 3

Project Gotham Racing 4

PS3

Final Fantasy XIII

God of War III

Gran Turismo 5

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier

Killzone 2

LittleBigPlanet

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

NBA 09

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Resistance 2

SingStar Vol. 2

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Tekken 6

Twisted Metal

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Warhawk

There are only like 4 good games on that list thought...

Compare that to Bioshock, Gears, Ace Combat, Halo, Fable, Ninja Gaiden and PGR franchises that are only on 360.

BTW as i've said I have a ps3 but i still use my xbox more.

Most people already own a DVD player. Besides, what are you buying? A gaming system or a dvd player?

Most do, it's all about simplicity.

Your going to tell me that if you bought a Wii with a DVD player, you wouldn't use it (assuming you don't have a home theatre set-up)?

It's all about ease, not to mention the technology. What does that say about Wii?

Your going to tell me that if you bought a Wii with a DVD player, you wouldn't use it (assuming you don't have a home theatre set-up)?

It's all about ease, not to mention the technology. What does that say about Wii?

Just an FYI, it doesn't really affect this thread much at all, but a Wii containing a DVD player is coming out in Japan, so if that is warmly received then it could make its way over to the states, although I could see it not coming here for fear of confusion over SKUs.

Madmike, you serious? At least to me, there are way more than four games on that list to get excited about. Anyways, Ninja Gaiden II, as far as reviews go, was a dissapointment. Sigma was much better, in my limited gameplay of them. Bioshock isn't a 360 exclusive, an upgraded version is coming to the PS3 with updated textures/ a couple new levels. At first I really liked Gears 1, but I thought multiplayer was boring, and the singleplayer only lasted me 5 and then 3 hours. That is really disturbing, beating a game twice in 8 hours. (In the same day, I was sick). There was no incentive to replay the singleplayer or multiplayer, all that was left were COG tags, which was just tedious. The pics of Gears 2 multiplayer maps look almost the exact same to me, there just doesn't seem enough of an upgrade or a longevity boost for me to buy the game. I prefer Motorstorm over PGR, I much rather sim racing with real cars and leaving the arcade for off-road stuff, maybe that's just me. Ubisoft's HAWX is priming itself to takeover Ace Combat as the best console flight simulator, and as far as I know that is multiplatform.

But you are right about Fable 2. Sony really has to step up their game and bring out some quality RPGs. There were so many great RPGs that came out for the PS2 that having so few now is a major disappointment.

I'll put it this way. I used to have my PS2 and a DVD player in my entertainment center. I used the DVD player when I wanted to watch a movie and the PS2 when I wanted to play a game. The PS3 is going to change that for the simple fact that I plan to watch some movies on Blueray so I'll probably move my DVD player to another room.

There are only like 4 good games on that list thought...

Compare that to Bioshock, Gears, Ace Combat, Halo, Fable, Ninja Gaiden and PGR franchises that are only on 360.

BTW as i've said I have a ps3 but i still use my xbox more.

Bioshock is not exclusive anymore, check around on gaming sites.

Gears and Halo are both horrible 1 player games and not as popular online as multiplatform games like COD anyways...

Tekken > Ninja Gaiden

Gran Turismo > PGR

Nice try though.

Most people would rather play Metal Gear Solid for a 1P story game than Halo or Gears... and more people will choose to play COD and Rainbow six type games for free online VS paying to play Halo...

Archived