Training Camp '08

TaborJet

Rookies report July 16th, veterans report July 23rd.

Last year camp started on a Friday, which was nice. Mangini is starting camp way early this year, especially for the rooks.

I'll be at camp on the 23rd for the morning session, and lunch @ Chrebet's!

Last training camp at Hofstra then on New Jersey where i might have a chance to see them.

I am going to be there all the time when they move. Can't wait, I really wish it was this year.

I am going to be there all the time when they move. Can't wait, I really wish it was this year.

I know that Jersey is the Garden State, but do you really think they'll have bushes big enough for you to hide in?

I know that Jersey is the Garden State, but do you really think they'll have bushes big enough for you to hide in?

Not sure. I was planning on only going on days that were open to the public and sitting in the stands. So it probably won't matter either way.

Not sure. I was planning on only going on days that were open to the public and sitting in the stands. So it probably won't matter either way.

WHAT!!!!!!!!

You mean the high chief, supreme commander of JN has to sit in the bleaches, with the rabble.

What an outrage

WHAT!!!!!!!!

You mean the high chief, supreme commander of JN has to sit in the bleaches, with the rabble.

What an outrage

I will need a Bobby Valentine stlye disguise to sit in the bleachers safely. All those PSL Editorials are not making JN that much more popular.

:)

You get all the games as it is! I wish they were keeping training camp on LI the way the jints have their camp up in Albany. Then using the new facility for during the season. This is my last year going to camp. I'm a little sick over it. Hopefully they'll at least have an event or two on the island every summer.

You get all the games as it is! I wish they were keeping training camp on LI the way the jints have their camp up in Albany. Then using the new facility for during the season. This is my last year going to camp. I'm a little sick over it. Hopefully they'll at least have an event or two on the island every summer.

In theory I wouldn't have a problem with that. Camp being in one place (Long Island) and the year round facility in NJ. But there is no way they are going to spend all that money on the place in NJ along with state of the art equipment and not use it 100% of the time. Down the road 10 years or so I could see them changing and doing camp on Long Island.

But that would cost a lot of money because Hofstra would need some upgrades to compete with what they will have in NJ. And to do those upgrades would require an even bigger PSL. So let's hold off on that talk for now.

The biggest thing right now is the players not having a commute on gameday. Let's get them in one state for everything (for once).

Rookies report July 16th, veterans report July 23rd.

Last year camp started on a Friday, which was nice. Mangini is starting camp way early this year, especially for the rooks.

I'll be at camp on the 23rd for the morning session, and lunch @ Chrebet's!

I may take my vacation in the HAMPTONS...so I may be there for the WEEK...

gonna visit old friends an new ones.....:vactiontime:

I may take my vacation in the HAMPTONS...so I may be there for the WEEK...

gonna visit old friends an new ones.....:vactiontime:

Okay tell Christie Brinkley we are sorry her marriage didn't work out this time.

christie-brinkley-picture-1.jpg

Question to the camp regulars -

What time are morning sessions usually? I'm hoping the schedule has an open morning practice on Thurs 7/31, as I'll be coming up to NY to see the Yanks that night & would love to hit camp that morning to kick off the day...

Archived