• Curtis Martin
    • Barry Sanders
    • Marshall Faulk
    • L.T.
    • other

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, AP will be the next Emmitt Smith. He gains yards like nothing. L.T.? Yeah right, AP will blow-out L.T. this year.

Far too early to come out with stuff like that. He could blow out his knee next year for all you know. You say he's better than LT? After one season? That's laughable to say the least.

• 5 weeks later...
Far too early to come out with stuff like that. He could blow out his knee next year for all you know. You say he's better than LT? After one season? That's laughable to say the least.

Has AP ever gone through a season without getting injured? Wasn't he injured like every season in college too?

Barry was incredible, but the best RB of all time doesn't get pulled off the field in short-yardage & goal-line situations.

I would say he was the best I saw at certain things, like his change of direction & how he seemed to run just as fast sideways as he did going forward. But the best overall RB? No.

Barry was incredible, but the best RB of all time doesn't get pulled off the field in short-yardage & goal-line situations.

I would say he was the best I saw at certain things, like his change of direction & how he seemed to run just as fast sideways as he did going forward. But the best overall RB? No.

look at it like this:

Shaq was taken out late in games for missing free-throws

whats wrong with taking out Barry on a 3rd and one? you don't want him getting hurt if there's a bigger body behind him on the depth chart do ya?

the 2 RB system (thunder + lightning) > 1 star RB system these days

I voted other just cause as a Steelers fan i gotta stay true to Franco.

But IMO, Earl Campbell was the best out of all of them. As a kid i watched him twice a year against my team and i'll tell u he was the toughest RB ever. Mean Joe and Jack Splat still got him good quite a few times tho. :)

But IMO, Earl Campbell was the best out of all of them. As a kid i watched him twice a year against my team and i'll tell u he was the toughest RB ever. Mean Joe and Jack Splat still got him good quite a few times tho. :)

franco harris lol

thats what i think about Terrel Davis (TD). I used to watch NFL PRIMETIME EVERY GODDAMN SUNDAY and he would DOMINATE

i remember this one game against the eagles, BY THE END OF THE FIRST QUARTER he had 120 rushing yards and 2 TD's...1998 i believe.

Actually, there were others before that were physical power backs.

John Henry Johnson, Alan Ameche, Joe "the Jet" Perry. I'm sure there were plenty of others, but those are the ones I remember.

Jim Taylor. Was Lenny Moore included in this poll. Either 5 or six time he was over 5 yds a carry. Three times he was at least 7 yards a carry.

Edit: Jim Brown was the best by far.

I saw the same things, and I agree. The Bum Phillips Oilers didn't have a playbook; they pretty much handed off to Campbell. And they wore him down to a nub.

I can cut slack to moet of the other votes to various backs; They are all great, spare you know who. To the IDIOTS who voted for Curtis Martin, WTF?

+1. I rate Simpson higher than Sanders. Also Payton and Brown.

he was the best back then wasn't he Dom? I got to meet him in 2000 at a gig and talked to him about the snow game against the Jets where he went over 2000 yards...he was an OK guy-not real big but he seemed to have something weighing on his soul to me...my drummer Charlie actually hung out and partied with him after the gig

I have to assume that most of the people that didn't vote for Brown, didn't see Brown play.

Man the guy was good.

I hated him

I saw him. But it was back when there were blackouts, so I saw him once or twice a year. Big, fast, mean, and one man never seemed to be able to bring him down. He always had people hanging off of him. I was not a Giant fan, so I appreciated him.

Archived