Official Yanks/Sox July 4th Weekend thread

Matt39

Had the day off today- about to head into Manhattan from White Plains to happy hour for a bit then to River Ave for the game. I have a feeling people are going to be pretty tuned up in the Stadium tonight- if you know what I mean.

Scored some tix at the last minute- pretty pumped. Should be an awesome weekend of baseball.

Hopefully the hitting will carry over from last night.

Lets go Yankees!!!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had the day off today- about to head into Manhattan from White Plains to happy hour for a bit then to River Ave for the game. I have a feeling people are going to be pretty tuned up in the Stadium tonight- if you know what I mean.

Scored some tix at the last minute- pretty pumped. Should be an awesome weekend of baseball.

Hopefully the hitting will carry over from last night.

Lets go Yankees!!!

Sold my weekend series tix

Getting to the stadium is tough....but on July 4th weekend it is SUPER TOUGH....especially from SC

We'll watch at home on the 60" Samsung HDTV

Getting to the stadium is tough....but on July 4th weekend it is SUPER TOUGH....especially from SC

You can probably buy another one with the money you sold all the series tickets for. :)

Damn, that must be nice. boat/fishing/Yankee season tickets/60'' Samsung HDTV.

My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail. :bag:

Man, I'd love to see a Yankees sweep only because it would make the sports scribes in Boston go crazy. WEEI would be fun to listen to again. The "Nation" all up in arms. As a die-hard Pats fan, that's fun stuff. Unfortunately, We'll be watching the games on a 30" flat screen - unless it's a great beach day - then we won't be watching anything but people, sail boats, jet skis, waves and sand. ;)

Pitching matchups:

Lester-Pettitte

Advantage: Even. Look it up if you don't believe me. Pettitte has been shaky at home, Lester not so great on the road. Both had solid Junes. Neither one has faced the opposing team yet this season.

Beckett-Rasner

Advantage: Sox. Rasner has been awful lately. Beckett has finally been finding his groove after not truly having a spring training.

Masterson-Mussina

Advantage: Depends. Rumor has it that it might be Clay. Mussina has not been good vs. the Sox at all this season, but he has been the Yankees steadying force. Could go either way.

Wakefield-Joba

Advantage: Yanks. Joba has been very good, although not so much against Texas. Wakefield has been very hot lately and could continue, but he is downright putrid against the Yanks.

So, given the fact that they're in Yankee Stadium and the Sox aren't going at it too well right now I would give the Yanks the series edge but I think they could pull off the split. Should be interesting.

Pitching matchups:

Lester-Pettitte

Advantage: Even. Look it up if you don't believe me. Pettitte has been shaky at home, Lester not so great on the road. Both had solid Junes. Neither one has faced the opposing team yet this season.

Beckett-Rasner

Advantage: Sox. Rasner has been awful lately. Beckett has finally been finding his groove after not truly having a spring training.

Masterson-Mussina

Advantage: Depends. Rumor has it that it might be Clay. Mussina has not been good vs. the Sox at all this season, but he has been the Yankees steadying force. Could go either way.

Wakefield-Joba

Advantage: Yanks. Joba has been very good, although not so much against Texas. Wakefield has been very hot lately and could continue, but he is downright putrid against the Yanks.

So, given the fact that they're in Yankee Stadium and the Sox aren't going at it too well right now I would give the Yanks the series edge but I think they could pull off the split. Should be interesting.

The only obvious games in my opinion I think is Boston will take the game Beckett is pitching, and the game Pettitte is pitching, because Pettitte has been amazing lately, and plus he wont have to face Ortiz.

The other two could go either way in my opinion.

Razz will be fine....CC doesn't know ****

He's been great, the offense doesn't want to score runs for the guy

Yanks should win 3 of 4

I don't like Moose in this series, Manny owns him

Why should the Yankees win 3 of 4? Are you basing that on the fact that the Sox have played 6 straight road games (soon to be 10)?

I am basing that on the Yanks have played well against the Sawx as of late. It is later in the season, and history tends to repeat itself. And the Sawx do not have Ortiz, and their pen is in shambles. Lastly, The Yanks are AT HOME (you do know that is an advantage, right?)

Advantage Yankees, I hope

How about that

Yanks should win 3 of 4

i love razz but its beckett he owns us thats the one i say we shouldnt win but i hope we do..

Yanks should win 3 of 4

Rasner is a journeyman pitcher with an ERA approaching 4.5 and has been awful for about a month. He started off hot but the rest of the league has apparently caught up with him.

Glad to see Jason is not at 1b. No need to see his defense today (or lack thereof). Just swing the bat big boy. Swing that bat.
That game sucked. Does Betemit have photos of Girardi consorting with farm animals? I get why Gardner's here, but sitting people making serious cake against the Sawx makes no goddamn sense.

Was at the game tonight. I have Never been so bored at a Yankee game before. Found myself surfing the net on the blackberry more than watching the game. Big series and we come out totally lifeless. This Yankee team is softer than baby poop.

Seems like Yankee fans are getting dumber by the day too. Abreu up in the first 1st inning with 1st and 2nd and nobody out and he grounds into a fielders choice and the crowd goes wild because he beat out the double play and moved a runner to 3rd with 1 out. Yea, totally awesome. Arod and Giambi ended up striking out anyway.

Morons.

That Jon Lester is going to be something special.

I still think Clay Buchholz is going to be better. As much as I hate Boston, it's nice seeing a guy who could have died, and lost his life because of this horrible disease, to turn out so well. I know he doesn't want to be remembered as that guy who had cancer, but how can people not mention it, especially when he's doing so well for himself.

Onto the Yankees. This team has to be the laziest team in the league. The full blame shouldn't be put on Girardi, even though some of the moves he makes are laughable. It's hard to have success as a manager, especially when the team Girardi had with the Marlins played harder then this 200+ million dollar team.

Rasner is a journeyman pitcher with an ERA approaching 4.5 and has been awful for about a month. He started off hot but the rest of the league has apparently caught up with him.

How about this? You worry about getting to .500 and GTFOH.

Was at the game tonight. I have Never been so bored at a Yankee game before. Found myself surfing the net on the blackberry more than watching the game. Big series and we come out totally lifeless. This Yankee team is softer than baby poop.

Seems like Yankee fans are getting dumber by the day too. Abreu up in the first 1st inning with 1st and 2nd and nobody out and he grounds into a fielders choice and the crowd goes wild because he beat out the double play and moved a runner to 3rd with 1 out. Yea, totally awesome. Arod and Giambi ended up striking out anyway.

Morons.

57, they are not getting dumber. They're just setting the bar much lower nowadays.

Morons.

So they're supposed to boo Abreu for not getting out and advancing a runner to 3rd base? Yeah, that's the intelligent thing to do.

So they're supposed to boo Abreu for not getting out and advancing a runner to 3rd base? Yeah, that's the intelligent thing to do.

They dont have to boo, but to cheer like the guy hit an RBI double is silly. You want your #3 hitter to get hits in those spots, not move runners over. He is your #3 hitter, not your #7, 8 or 9.

But then again, this is Mr. Fantasy baseball Bobby Abreu, the only time this chump does anything is when you're up or down by 7 runs.

Pretty much anyone can shut down the Yankees offense now. They have been abysmal.

The same Yankee line-up that scored 18 the previous night? Let's call a spade a spade, although the Yanks line-up is inconsistent at best, it is still a very dangerous one and treacherous to make it through, nonetheless a CGSO.

Lester is 7-3 with an ERA of 3.21 and has been pitching very well of late. I actully wouldn't mind seeing him have the type of career his opponent last night has had. Couple hundred wins and being one of the better lefties of his time; sky is this limit.

Once again the bats were nowhere to be found. I just cannot stand this team anymore. They have way too much talent to be playing like garbage, barely making the playoffs in years past and then getting shalacked in the first round. Its ridiculous.

Once again the bats were nowhere to be found. I just cannot stand this team anymore. They have way too much talent to be playing like garbage, barely making the playoffs in years past and then getting shalacked in the first round. Its ridiculous.

I guess you weren't alive in the 80's.

How about this? You worry about getting to .500 and GTFOH.

I did not know these were the rules. Only Yankee fans can comment on Yankee related threads and Mets fans can comment on Met threads. Interesting and I'll be sure to make a mental note on that. Silly me, I was under the impression that this was an open forum to post and comment on sports topics.

PS. I did not start the thread, I had time read and commented. I apologize that Rasner is not the savior.

I did not know these were the rules. Only Yankee fans can comment on Yankee related threads and Mets fans can comment on Met threads. Interesting and I'll be sure to make a mental note on that. Silly me, I was under the impression that this was an open forum to post and comment on sports topics.

PS. I did not start the thread, I had time read and commented. I apologize that Rasner is not the savior.

Just like you said, it's an open forum. That means I can continue to expose you for the mentally deficient human that you are.

Archived