Official Yanks/Sox July 4th Weekend thread

Matt39

It certainly would have been a disaster if Mo blew that game on Saturday. You'd have wall-to-wall Yankee haters on this thread declaring the Yankees season to be over.

As opposed to wall-to-wall Yankee self loathers declaring their own season dead and calling for Girardi's head?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As opposed to wall-to-wall Yankee self loathers declaring their own season dead and calling for Girardi's head?

The season isnt dead- its still too early to say that. I havent exactly seen toomany people calling for Girardi's head other than Bob.

With that being said- Im not exactly confident in this teams chances. Even if they do make the playoffs Im pretty much certain the lineup will disappear again.

The Yanks probably won't make the post season this year but I don't see it as the end of the world. I like the direction they're taking and look forward to watching the young pitchers develop. Hughes, Kennedy, Brackman, Sanchez, Horne, Marquez....enough of those guys will pan out to give the Yanks some great building blocks.

The season isnt dead- its still too early to say that. I havent exactly seen toomany people calling for Girardi's head other than Bob.

With that being said- Im not exactly confident in this teams chances. Even if they do make the playoffs Im pretty much certain the lineup will disappear again.

It surely isn't dead, but the demeanor around here might be different if the Sox win last night. Got the split and that's fine in Yankee Stadium. Need to get the starters more help from the line-up and the bullpen.

Once again, you prove that reading is not your strong suit. Actually, I'm pretty sure you don't have a strong suit.

Wow man, you got me there, some lamer heavy metal kid who hates the Yankees trying to insult me. Go worship the devil buddy and listen to some Vince Neil records backwards. Talk about exciting.

The Yanks probably won't make the post season this year but I don't see it as the end of the world. I like the direction they're taking and look forward to watching the young pitchers develop. Hughes, Kennedy, Brackman, Sanchez, Horne, Marquez....enough of those guys will pan out to give the Yanks some great building blocks.

If, again BIG if, the Yankees feel that this is a throw away year, do they become sellers in this market at all?

I can't imagine their are many players on their roster that they would either

a) want to get rid of

or

B) Other clubs would want to trade for

Maybe Farnsworth?

Wow man, you got me there, some lamer heavy metal kid who hates the Yankees trying to insult me. Go worship the devil buddy and listen to some Vince Neil records backwards. Talk about exciting.

Wow. Just wow.

Is stoopid cool now or something?

If, again BIG if, the Yankees feel that this is a throw away year, do they become sellers in this market at all?

I can't imagine their are many players on their roster that they would either

a) want to get rid of

or

B) Other clubs would want to trade for

Maybe Farnsworth?

Farnsworth for sure. Many teams are going to be looking for 'pen help. Damon and Matsui COULD be attractive as, although they are aging and have big contracts, still have shown they can produce and they both only have one year left after this year. Abreu and Giambi might also be attractive to teams as rental-type players.

As far as pitching goes, I'm just throwing it out there, but wouldn't Moose be a good fit for teams lacking a starter? He requires only the half-year of commitment and he's been excellent this year...

Farnsworth for sure. Many teams are going to be looking for 'pen help. Damon and Matsui COULD be attractive as, although they are aging and have big contracts, still have shown they can produce and they both only have one year left after this year. Abreu and Giambi might also be attractive to teams as rental-type players.

As far as pitching goes, I'm just throwing it out there, but wouldn't Moose be a good fit for teams lacking a starter? He requires only the half-year of commitment and he's been excellent this year...

Agreed on the players you suggest.

None of those bring a great return, as i would see it, but something is better than nothing.

You not advocating re-signing Giambi? I ralize it all depends what he is looking for, but I would imagine a home team discount.

Agreed on the players you suggest.

None of those bring a great return, as i would see it, but something is better than nothing.

You not advocating re-signing Giambi? I ralize it all depends what he is looking for, but I would imagine a home team discount.

Yeah, if the Yankees want something back in return, they're going to have to eat a bunch of the salary. They're probably better off taking the draft picks for players like Moose and Abreu. They could always trade Giambi if they're out of it and bring him back as a FA. I would love him back if it's reasonable . He's been the best 1Bman in the AL this year. 2 years at the right price and I wouldn't blink.

Unfortunately as far as Yankees fans go you're more the rule than the exception.

I don't agree, there are the same elements in every fan base.

Either way I just review his posts and he has been banned for personal attacks.

Damn, I didn't even though that there was a baseball forum here. This is actually pretty entertaining. :character41:

We call it basaball, not baseball. Since Mariano Rivera is God, we must refer to the game the way he does.

(if anyone watched the rain delay entertainment on friday, the segment with Mo and posada- Mo spelled baseball wrong....)

Archived